House Not In Compound

Rob5060

I have a house on a moo bahn that has just been excluded from the limits of the security gate because some people were not paying their service fee

They managed to do this by moving the gate and erecting a fence, isolating about 40 houses

My concerns now are for safety and mainetenance of the area.

I would be in interested the opnions of you guys who have properties outside gated areas

Also if I wanted to sell the proprty what effect it would have

I think it would put off foreigners but dont know what the Thai attitude is likekly to be

Cheers

First off; get your service fee back if you paid.

Think I'd be a little bit peeved if I'd bought a place inside a moobaan and it no longer is. Surely it can only lower the value.

Unless you all club together and keep the place up to par (highly unlikely as they don't like the idea of paying for it), it's going to look like crap real fast. Probably best to get out and move to somewhere like Land & Houses. If you lose a wedge, take em to court for the real value... if indeed you paid all your service fees.

Strange, what moobaan?

I think that often the security of the moobaan is a perception, but a perception that any potential buyer will also be looking for. Can't help your house value.

I don't live in a moobaan. Moobaan monthly fees would probably average THB400 per month. Here I pay THB20 for garbage and thats it, no water bills either. Didn't realise how much cheaper it was.

People around here claim no crime as everyone watches each other. Know of robberies claimed to have occured in Moobaans with the so called security.

The only moobahn I can think of that seems to have 2 levels of checkpoints is Worldclub - not many others I can think of where you could feasibly be moved out of the moobahn.

If people not paying service fees seems unlikely they would all be grouped together though.

In the case of the front area of Worldclub maybe not paying them as they don't receive any services ??

Difficult to make any suppositions without knowing which moobahn we are talking about.