What Do You Do

Dan75

Please answer a question, for the ones who live in Thailand What do you do for income. Do you all get an income from your home counties or do you earn in Thailand. What jobs could you do that would pay enough to support you and GF's there? and what figure would you say would be a comfortable living?

what figure would you say would be a comfortable living?

What to you is "comfortable living" ? I have a good standard of living here and only work for about 4 - 5 months a year!! Less if I can get away with it. In that time I could earn anywhere from $20,000 up! (legally with a work permit)

My definition of a comfotable living would be to be able to pay for a small to medium size house/apatment, eat three times a day, a few beers on the evening and any extra for clothing etc in other words not have to worry to much about watching every baht all the time.

What is it that you do for work and where do you go about finding work?

CFO on a 4,200,000 Baht annual package + car + house.

\

Live like I want (without having to be afraid of anything) and save about 85%.

So I guess 50,000 Baht net per month (without saving money) are enough for a good level of life (but car and house rental are on top of that).

If you leave your home country you must do for a reason (better life or pussy), anyway money are not the most important

After reading the Thai regulations for what falangs can do for a job it seems there aren't a lot of options for instance my main skills would be involved in construction and as far as I can tell that isn't open (although it would be to hard and hot anyway.

I quite like the idea of getting drunk on walking st every night but as my life has taught me it's not that easy