Things To Do In Ranong When It's Dead.

The Gentleman Scamp

Have to go to Ranong soon (not to be confused with Rayong) to zip over to Burmah on what will be my last 30 day visa run :D and it will be the second time I've been there, the first being nearly three years ago, but from what I remember, Ranong is pretty dead.

I say this because if Ning makes up her mind, she may possibly come with me and there's a possibility of an Aussie TV.COM mate coming up to meet me, in which case I'd be wise to stop over at the Sin Ranong Hotel.

Does anyone know if in the three years since I have been, there is anything to do or anywhere to drink that isn't a PTR?* :o

*Pink Tissue Restaurant.

go elephant tipping late at night.

wait for the pachyderm to fall asleep. then the few of you (don't try this alone), step back for a running start and charge up to the animal, and together give a huge shove at the very same instant. the elephant should fall over, thereby allowing you and your friends a few precious minutes of unbridled laughter and merry making. don't forget to upright the elephant after its over. you don't want the animal to suffocate under its own weight. enjoy!

The airport is nice, to get out. :D

Years ago I ended up next to the airport on an old tin-mine while avoiding a truck coming head on in my lane. Found out, the mine is not so flat as it looked, well at least at high speed.

So what can you do? Ended up in the Jansom Thara Ranong Hotel, which actually has a hot-spa. Separated by gender. :o

If this isn't fun? Just waited there over night for the next flight to BKK and delegated my wife to go back pick up the car after repair.

Things to do in Ranong - er visit hot springs.

Things not to do in Ranong :

1. Visit a karaoke bar and pay 800 baht for the priviledge of a "hands" off girl to sit with you, have 2 singhas, 2 coca colas and buy her some kow pat.

2. Never, ever allow the locals to suggest a young Burmese girl visits your hotel room.

3. Never, ever visit a brothel at Victoria Point.

Get your visa business done and get the ###### out of town.

Posted on Tue 2004-09-14, 19:28:00

Things to do in Ranong - er visit hot springs.

Things not to do in Ranong :

1. Visit a karaoke bar and pay 800 baht for the priviledge of a "hands" off girl to sit with you, have 2 singhas, 2 coca colas and buy her some kow pat.

2. Never, ever allow the locals to suggest a young Burmese girl visits your hotel room.

3. Never, ever visit a brothel at Victoria Point.

Get your visa business done and get the ###### out of town.

Damned good advice, all I will add is the quicker you do it the happier you will be when back in Hua Hin.

:o