Strange Happening At Sukumvit Soi 11

huggybear

So I am sitting at this German Eatery/Bierhouse bar on Soi 11 Sukumvit, sort of on the street, just off, talking with this Thai lady when this SUPER drunk guy pulls up and asks the lady I was talking to for a cigarette.

Up steps this guy in a suit jacket, and pulls out his fancy cigarette case and gives the drunk guy a cigarette while asking me where I am from. He seems fairly sober so I tell him.

The drunk guy then starts berating me, saying I'm slime, I'm a coward, I'm the worst on the earth, where I come from is sh*** (folks, where I come from is known as a relatively cool place) just overboard with insults, yelling....... I tell the barman that if he doesn't do something I am going to. They kick the both of them out onto the street.

I felt like something was up. Like the drunk guy was baiting me and the guy in the suit jacket had something up his sleeve. This is Thailand so I do not care to be stabbed or injured over some BS like this guys words,so I didn't react but has anyone else experienced any type of situation like this and ended up with bigger problems? Any scams going on in Sukumvit that anyone has experienced that starts like this?

So I am sitting at this German Eatery/Bierhouse bar on Soi 11 Sukumvit, sort of on the street, just off, talking with this Thai lady when this SUPER drunk guy pulls up and asks the lady I was talking to for a cigarette.

Up steps this guy in a suit jacket, and pulls out his fancy cigarette case and gives the drunk guy a cigarette while asking me where I am from. He seems fairly sober so I tell him.

The drunk guy then starts berating me, saying I'm slime, I'm a coward, I'm the worst on the earth, where I come from is sh*** (folks, where I come from is known as a relatively cool place) just overboard with insults, yelling....... I tell the barman that if he doesn't do something I am going to. They kick the both of them out onto the street.

I felt like something was up. Like the drunk guy was baiting me and the guy in the suit jacket had something up his sleeve. This is Thailand so I do not care to be stabbed or injured over some BS like this guys words,so I didn't react but has anyone else experienced any type of situation like this and ended up with bigger problems? Any scams going on in Sukumvit that anyone has experienced that starts like this?

Hey Huggy Bear,

Howzit! You are the best judge of this since you have your own establishment in Phuket. Sounds like you took the best route although others may have chosen otherwise... thanks for the heads up!

On the other hand, maybe he was a perturbed Pats fan that somehow found out you were a Chargers supporter! What a game! That was some catch by Tyree at the end of the game!

Hey Huggy Bear,

Howzit! You are the best judge of this since you have your own establishment in Phuket. Sounds like you took the best route although others may have chosen otherwise... thanks for the heads up!

On the other hand, maybe he was a perturbed Pats fan that somehow found out you were a Chargers supporter! What a game! That was some catch by Tyree at the end of the game!

Hi Mauiguy,

that WAS a game. It was sort of like a movie that starts slow and then has a whale of an ending. The scramble by Manning that led to that unbelievable catch has to be one of the top plays of the season in the NFL. Clutch !

I watched the game again that night at a friend's house. Just as good the second time around.

Regarding the situation, I really wanted to knock that guy out. Once out on the street though, he fell on his face from the curb, taking down the Bierhouse lightbox (breaking it) so he ended up knocking himself out!

If you are who I think you are, see you in July.

Cheers,

HB

Talking of which!!

Last sunday went into the Spice Club, Soi 11. (dont ask me why...)

While parking the Car security comes up and say.. VIP Parking... Ok, thanks mate!

Locked the car, he says.. Give me ticket and Key I take care for you... Oh, Ok as many places have valed parking... So I didnt think much about it.

30 minutes got out of there as it was <deleted> so asked the guy for my key, he says: No key Sir, only your ticket... WHAAAAAHH!!!

<deleted>!!.. Ok, not want to argue, went home and got my spare key out. Returned to the parking with Taxi, opened my door and noticed that somebody has been in it as my seat position was changed...

Tomorrow arranged with the Hotel to watch CCTV and see if we can find out what was really going on.

I think they thought that I would not come back within 30 minutes and hoped for a NEXT DAY pick up only to discover it would have been stolen.

Meanwhile reprogrammed the Keys at the garage...

Talking of which!!

While parking the Car security comes up and say.. VIP Parking... Ok, thanks mate!

Locked the car, he says.. Give me ticket and Key I take care for you... Oh, Ok as many places have valed parking... So I didnt think much about it.

30 minutes got out of there as it was <deleted> so asked the guy for my key, he says: No key Sir, only your ticket... WHAAAAAHH!!!

<deleted>!!.. Ok, not want to argue, went home and got my spare key out. Returned to the parking with Taxi, opened my door and noticed that somebody has been in it as my seat position was changed...

Tomorrow arranged with the Hotel to watch CCTV and see if we can find out what was really going on.

I think they thought that I would not come back within 30 minutes and hoped for a NEXT DAY pick up only to discover it would have been stolen.

So then the Spice Club is no good?

Any women in there?

Talking of which!!

So then the Spice Club is no good?

Any women in there?

Ha ha ha... well... I dont think I need to reply to that... Its just another after Bar/ Disco.

Not worth going there unles you are looking for freshly used "cars"

Has anyone expirienced the guy, late 20's early 30's on Sukhumvit (or anywhere) that starts with the line "Excuse me mate, can you speak English?"

What a nasty piece of work... I have expirienced him twice now, the 1st time i said "yes" and he went into a story about having no money and just got back from Chiang Mai and a lost passport. I just walked off.

2nd time (few months later), i didn't entertain him and he shouted a triad of abuse at me.

Watch out!

Has anyone expirienced the guy, late 20's early 30's on Sukhumvit (or anywhere) that starts with the line "Excuse me mate, can you speak English?"

What a nasty piece of work... I have expirienced him twice now, the 1st time i said "yes" and he went into a story about having no money and just got back from Chiang Mai and a lost passport. I just walked off.

2nd time (few months later), i didn't entertain him and he shouted a triad of abuse at me.

Watch out!

About four months ago but this time he'd lost it coming from Hua Hin and was penniless, when I asked him how he'd managed to get from Pinkloa to Sukhumvit with no money and where were his bags I got the same response.

Watch out!

doesnt bendix live on suk soi 11?biggrin.gif

ever since i added, niet tavarich niet, to my vocabulary i have encountered any problems.