Pattaya Memorial Is A Joke

rocky123

Nov 06 I had dificulty breathing, was not sure what was up so i went along to Pattaya Mem. The doc was a dothery old man who I,m sure was a patient from the nearby funny farm and walked in put a White coat on and sat in one of the consulting rooms. He sent me to xray for xrays on chest and neck after which he said he dont know what wrong and said I need an MRI scan. I walked out puzzled and into a drug store (cant spell farmasy) where they gave me a course of penacilin and within days I was fine.

In Nov 07 as I was 51 years young I went for a Full check up in the same Hospital (crazy or what) Just to make sure I was firing on all cylinders. They found I had a PSI (prostate) reading of 12, and as 4 or under was normal I should have a biop. OK so 30,000bht and an unpleasant op latter I went back for the results, OH we not sure Mr, was the Quacks comments, we need do more test at lab in Bangkok, 5,000bht please, ok. Another 2 weeks latter and, as you can imagine, I was so tense and nervious not knowing my fate. Again there was a guy/doc/looney in the room who said...............NOT SURE maybe have cancer, maybe not, his words. So where this leave me I said. He asked me if I wanted him to do it again 30,000bht, I declined his generous offer and told him where to stick his brand new BMW.

The place is a JOKE but not a funny one.

Nov 06 I had dificulty breathing, was not sure what was up so i went along to Pattaya Mem. The doc was a dothery old man who I,m sure was a patient from the nearby funny farm and walked in put a White coat on and sat in one of the consulting rooms. He sent me to xray for xrays on chest and neck after which he said he dont know what wrong and said I need an MRI scan. I walked out puzzled and into a drug store (cant spell farmasy) where they gave me a course of penacilin and within days I was fine.

In Nov 07 as I was 51 years young I went for a Full check up in the same Hospital (crazy or what) Just to make sure I was firing on all cylinders. They found I had a PSI (prostate) reading of 12, and as 4 or under was normal I should have a biop. OK so 30,000bht and an unpleasant op latter I went back for the results, OH we not sure Mr, was the Quacks comments, we need do more test at lab in Bangkok, 5,000bht please, ok. Another 2 weeks latter and, as you can imagine, I was so tense and nervious not knowing my fate. Again there was a guy/doc/looney in the room who said...............NOT SURE maybe have cancer, maybe not, his words. So where this leave me I said. He asked me if I wanted him to do it again 30,000bht, I declined his generous offer and told him where to stick his brand new BMW.

The place is a JOKE but not a funny one.

unless i was in an accident, shot or had no control of going to the hospitals in pattaya...and i mean all of them I would get on the first plane back to wherever I came from and get treated there....at the end of the day it is money first and your health/feelings etc way down the line.

I was in hospital and had insurance over there with glandia fever/throat infection whatever you want to call it, was in a bad way.....why I was like this was because they couldn't diagnose what was wrong with me and prescribe the right drugs in the first place, they couldn't wait to put the drip in my arm and get the bill going....

hope you get good news and sorted out soon :o

Try PhyaThai hospital in Siracha only 30 minutes from Pattaya and much better doctors it might be an older hospital but they seem to do much better with the patients and a fraction of the prices charged by the hospitals in Pattaya.

Wenet ther after a monor motocyc accident about 18 months ago and they were great. Spent 2 months going back for re-dressings and spent a fraction of what it would have cost in other Pattaya hospitals. Read lots about it since, and would probably not go back, but my experience was a great and inexpensive one.

Pattaya Memorial is a DISASTER!

I had a small cut and they charged me 1000 bath to have some nurse trainee to wash my hand, and then tried to sell me 600 bath extra worth of pills.

2 days later the wound was infected so eventhally I had to go to Bangkok hospital Pattaya

Advise to everyone - AVIOD PATTAYA MEMORIAL!

Wenet ther after a monor motocyc accident about 18 months ago and they were great. Spent 2 months going back for re-dressings and spent a fraction of what it would have cost in other Pattaya hospitals. Read lots about it since, and would probably not go back, but my experience was a great and inexpensive one.

I don't understand. If it was a great experience and inexpensive, why would you not go back? :o

Pattaya Memorial is a DISASTER!

I had a small cut and they charged me 1000 bath to have some nurse trainee to wash my hand, and then tried to sell me 600 bath extra worth of pills.

2 days later the wound was infected so eventhally I had to go to Bangkok hospital Pattaya

Advise to everyone - AVIOD PATTAYA MEMORIAL!

Had a small cut on my head. Went to Pattaya Memorial. Nurse dressed it. No charge. :o Maybe they put it on someone else's bill?