Suvarnabhumi To Khon Kaen

semper48

Coming from Europe last winter, my flight came in late, thus missing all Thai air flights from Suvarnabhumi to Khon Kaen. I stumbled upon a daily bus service from said airport directely to Khon Kaen. Price only 202 baht! Cant beat that for a good deal! These are the hours; 14.30,15.30,19.30, 21.00,22.30 and this is the company; http://www.transport.co.th/Eng

Final stop downtown Khon Kaen

Travelling time 6.30 hours

Hope that is of help to Isaan lovers!

Wow thats pretty good, I am assuming they will stop at major towns on route?

I cant say if stopping in other towns is on their scedule. They will certainly stop and let you get off anytime. That seems to be a norm in Thai buses

Coming from Europe last winter, my flight came in late, thus missing all Thai air flights from Suvarnabhumi to Khon Kaen. I stumbled upon a daily bus service from said airport directely to Khon Kaen. Price only 202 baht! Cant beat that for a good deal! These are the hours; 14.30,15.30,19.30, 21.00,22.30 and this is the company; http://www.transport.co.th/Eng

Thanks for the info mate. Is that from the airport transit station about a kilometre from the terminal?

Khun Andy

As I know, there is no flight from Suvannabhumi to Khon Kaen. Need to go DonMoung(old airport),46 km from Suvannabhumi.

I cann't open the link above but I can see the info. in Thai language. The time table mention Suvannabhumi to NongKai(they will drop you in Khon Kaen) only one trip a day, at 21.00

hmmmmmm.....

As I know, there is no flight from Suvannabhumi to Khon Kaen. Need to go DonMoung(old airport),46 km from Suvannabhumi.

I cann't open the link above but I can see the info. in Thai language. The time table mention Suvannabhumi to NongKai(they will drop you in Khon Kaen) only one trip a day, at 21.00

hmmmmmm.....

Thats all I could see as well, I have heard other people say there is a schedule from Suvannabhumi to Khon Kaen but I have never found a timetable on the net.

I guess it will mean a visit to the transit station and find out. I am hoping so, it would save me a night in Bangkok if the OP's timetable is correct

Thanks for the info mate. Is that from the airport transit station about a kilometre from the terminal?

Khun Andy

As I remember it, the station is inside/next to the airport. I just walked it/took elevator. No taxi involved.

hmmmmmm.....

I stand twice corrected! I think you are right; there is only one bus; 21.00 daily (that is the bus I took). Also the flights to KK are from Don M, not Suvannabhumi. Hope I didnt cause any problems.

hmmmmmm.....

Thats all I could see as well, I have heard other people say there is a schedule from Suvannabhumi to Khon Kaen but I have never found a timetable on the net.

I guess it will mean a visit to the transit station and find out. I am hoping so, it would save me a night in Bangkok if the OP's timetable is correct

http://www.transport.co.th/999_timebusnortheast48.asp

Bus time table,depart Suvarnabhumi as above. funny that they hv a thai menu but detail in thai and english.

I also got flight time table,Thai Airways from Donmeung-KKC-Donmeung.

FLIGHT DETAILS

TG1040 DMK-KKC 0615-0710

TG1044 DMK-KKC 1120-1215

TG1046 DMK-KKC 1915-2010

TG1041 KKC-DMK 0750-0845

TG1045 KKC-DMK 1300-1355

TG1047 KKC-DMK 2055-2150

Edited by NBigalke

hmmmmmm.....

I stand twice corrected! I think you are right; there is only one bus; 21.00 daily (that is the bus I took). Also the flights to KK are from Don M, not Suvannabhumi. Hope I didnt cause any problems.

your info. so useful though. this is the first time that i'v got the bus time table depart Suvarnabhumi on the net.i am thai but still searching the information about my country.laugh.gifha ha

Edited by NBigalke

Did you not think of flying to Udon and getting a bus from there to Khonkaen , the bus only takes about 1 1/2 hours and I am not sure but I think the last flight to Udon is later than the Khonkaen flight.

Of ourse this would be considerably more expensive than a bus from bangers but after a longhall flight I don't think I could stand a 6 or 7 hour bus ride.

Did you not think of flying to Udon and getting a bus from there to Khonkaen , the bus only takes about 1 1/2 hours and I am not sure but I think the last flight to Udon is later than the Khonkaen flight.

Of ourse this would be considerably more expensive than a bus from bangers but after a longhall flight I don't think I could stand a 6 or 7 hour bus ride.

Good thinking Mick!

The only flight to Udon from Suvana to Udon is Air Asia at 16.00. I would take that if I came in on time.

Rather than going to DonM for a ThaiAir flight to KK. ThaiAir being more expensive also.

If my flight comes in at Suvana in a good time to take the 21.00 hours bus to KK then I would take the bus.