Jomtien Immigration Info Desk--misinformation

thaidiver

Jomtien Immigration Info Desk Douchebag-<deleted>!

I've been to Jomtien Immigration about 3 times and everytime have been given bad info from the 40-ish year rude bureaucrat behind the info desk. Having observed this guy, he spends about 3 min. an hour actually helping someone wade through red tape and about 57 min. an hour chatting it up with the people whom are actually trying to process our passports(slowing them down in the process). Today I needed help in finding a translation service in Pattaya or Jomtien, he of course, knew of none! I've have friend whom have had similar complaint, including this guy reprimanding their Thai girlfriends.

I've been to Jomtien Immigration about 3 times and everytime have been given bad info from the 40-ish year rude bureaucrat behind the info desk. Having observed this guy, he spends about 3 min. an hour actually helping someone wade through red tape and about 57 min. an hour chatting it up with the people whom are actually trying to process our passports(slowing them down in the process). Today I needed help in finding a translation service in Pattaya or Jomtien, he of course, knew of none! I've have friend whom have had similar complaint, including this guy reprimanding their Thai girlfriends.

I am told Siracha Immigration is much better and never crowded.

Anyone been there ?

Can,t say I,ve ever had a problem there. Always been polite to me and likewise.

At least he is not getting any kickbacks from a " translation service recommend " :o

Try the Tourism Authority. Or better still.........ask on here for any translation services. :D

I have SEEN a Thai girl being reprimanded by one of the officers there. Probably due to the fact she was wearing a micro-mini and looked a bit errrrrrrrrrr " trashy "

Maybe that is what happened with your friends. :D

Edited by stevemiddie

I have SEEN a Thai girl being reprimanded by one of the officers there. Probably due to the fact she was wearing a micro-mini and looked a bit errrrrrrrrrr " trashy "

Maybe that is what happened with your friends. :o

She most likely was wearing something inappropriate, my friend was so upset he said he would never return to that office. I still have an axe to grind with that butthole thought!

I've seen lowlife turn up to the Immigration office without even a shirt...

These people probably spend too much of their time hanging around with under educated country bumpkins, so forget their good manners(if they ever had any).

Up to me and he would go to the back of the queue.

Can,t say I,ve ever had a problem there. Always been polite to me and likewise.

At least he is not getting any kickbacks from a " translation service recommend " :D

Try the Tourism Authority. Or better still.........ask on here for any translation services. :D

Maybe that is what happened with your friends. :D

Hope that's not your wife on your avatar. If that's not trashy I don't know what is :o .

They've been doing the misinformation bit with one of my guests recently.

The bloke is Indian, member of the Indian Polo team (they were here for the Asian games), and quite well off.

Indian Nationals only get 30 days when arriving with a Tourist visa, and can only get 7 days extension at immigration.

This bloke had to stay longer, went to immigration to ask his options, where they told him 30 days was possible, but he needed a paper from the hotel he was staying , a paper from the Thai polo organization, proof of funds etc...

He did all that, including changing his homebound flight ticket (200 US$ fee) to a date 2 weeks away, got all the paperwork together, went to immigration only to receive 7 days, with the notice that the previous info he got re the 30 days was not valid since it was only issued by a junior immigration officer!

And this 7 days was only given very reluctantly because his departure date on the ticket was more then 7 days out.

They only relented after he showed the receipt of the 200 US$ he paid to change the ticket after receiving the erroneous 30 day extension info!

Total cost:

400 US$ in fees to change his ticket twice

1500 Baht taxi to the Thai polo organization in Bkk getting the letter stating he was here on their invitation

1900 Baht extension fee

For a total of almost 17,000 Baht.

If he had been given the correct info, he would have done a border run to Cambodia at a price of 2400 Baht and given the 15 days on arrival Indian nationals get!

I can assure the gent was not amused!

Oh, polo gets played in most Asian countries, especially Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore with several tournaments per year. This guy holds multiple entry visa's for all those countries, easily obtained with the help of the local sports authorities.

The only place needing him to do a visa run in the middle of a government sponsored tournament making him skip two games is Thailand. Go figure!