Jump to content

Is street food healthy in Thailand?


RolandRat

Recommended Posts

I've seen videos showing how unhygienic street food can be in some places, like India. How does Thai street food compare in terms of health and hygiene?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most of the time but I got a bad case of food poisoning a few months ago from Street food where I had to go to the doctor. You have to be extra careful when eating street food.

  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Rule # 1 - Do not listen to the people who judge the quality of street food by whether it made them sick

Anything fried is done in oil that has been used so many times that it is cancerous 

fancy eating the lowest quality meat or seafood, neither of which has been properly preserved

food prepared by people who have absolutely no idea what food hygiene means

eating off plates that have been put into a plastic bowl full of soap suds laying in the gutter and then rinsed in an equally filthy bowl

Bonne apetit

 

 

Thankyou for saying it how it really is  .

 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2024 at 9:30 AM, RolandRat said:

I've seen videos showing how unhygienic street food can be in some places, like India. How does Thai street food compare in terms of health and hygiene?

No, not at all. Full of Salt, Sugar and Glutamate.

  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes, Thai food is usually full of unhealthy sugar and sodium.  Best to only eat it occasionally.

correct just go to McDonalds for a salad shaker!..or grab a nice healthy cheeseburger or pizza from the western menu!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2024 at 9:30 AM, RolandRat said:

I've seen videos showing how unhygienic street food can be in some places, like India. How does Thai street food compare in terms of health and hygiene?

hint...go look at it.....heres a sample do u like food that sits out all day or made to order..vendors do both...see how easy that is

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Thankyou for saying it how it really is  .

 

cant wait for you to post your heart smart healthy diet choices.....or i guess it was all prisoon food when you were locked up in pattaya as per your claims....how it really is!!

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Rule # 1 - Do not listen to the people who judge the quality of street food by whether it made them sick

Anything fried is done in oil that has been used so many times that it is cancerous 

fancy eating the lowest quality meat or seafood, neither of which has been properly preserved

food prepared by people who have absolutely no idea what food hygiene means

eating off plates that have been put into a plastic bowl full of soap suds laying in the gutter and then rinsed in an equally filthy bowl

Bonne apetit

 

 

wow 16 yrs later here i am..still alive from eating it......but then so are the mighty cockroach and rats...we are indestructible...and ive lost 4 kgs.......but do go on as you seem to think they are ALL exactly alike.....hows my bloodwork??

 

protip its spelled Bon appetite "Chef".......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2024 at 9:30 AM, RolandRat said:

I've seen videos showing how unhygienic street food can be in some places, like India. How does Thai street food compare in terms of health and hygiene?

Ive seen videos of people getting shot and dying...guess i should stay locked inside my room................................forever...

 

orders street food from grab......turns on youtube to find more "truths"

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

correct just go to McDonalds for a salad shaker!..or grab a nice healthy cheeseburger or pizza from the western menu!

May be just cooking yourself?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, UWEB said:

May be just cooking yourself?

is what is do.....watermelon...yogurt and grill chicken on my tiny hotplate....one meal a day....lost 4 kg in 6 weeks...and exercise

 

what a novel idea!

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

It's luck of the draw.

 

Some places are clean, others aren't.

 

bob.

 

It’s not random. I eat street food ALOT and if I just picked a random place and hoped for the best I would be sick every week.

 

As I’ve said, you pick a place with many other Thai customers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Must compare thai street food with current diet. It’s all relative. I propose someone eating cheese, milk, bread, pasta, cake etc. all the crap fat foreigners eat, the Thai diet is far superior. What’s in it. Some vegetables. Some rice or noodles. Some herbs. Most of it is not processed. The oils aren’t great though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.








×
×
  • Create New...