Finding Lists Of Schools

wangsuda

Does anyone know where I can get a list of schools by specific Bangkok districts? *sigh* the children are at that age . . . where does the time go? I found something from the MoE located here, but it has two problems. First, it's all in Thai; and second, you have to know your kedt (sara aeh, ko kai, to tao - no Thai on my 'puter) number. While I know my district and zip code, I don't know my kedt number. None of my bills say it. Oh well . . .

Can anyone help me with this?

---

Jesus, this country makes things as difficult as possible. I am an RCH away from going back to the USA.

I don't know my kedt number.

---

Jesus, this country makes things as difficult as possible. I am an RCH away from going back to the USA.

"District" in English is "khet" in Thai.

Why wouldn't information about Thai public schools be in Thai ? Or, does your school authority in the USA offer a Thai version of their website ?

does your school authority in the USA offer a Thai version of their website ?
Not necessarily in Thai, but in a multitude of languages. Lists of schools in Los Angeles, as well as school district information, are available in 12 different languages. Guess I was spoiled by multiculturalism.

I share Wangsuda's frustrations, and don't have to worry about putting a kid in school in Thailand. He probably speaks Thai, too. Wangs and I may be on the same flight to North America some day. This week I wandered around the bras and panties in the women/s section looking for a ponytail holder. Twenty five baht for two of the brightest, girlyest ponytail holders in the kingdom, and I surely didn't know how to ask the salesclerk! All I could think to ask was, '¿Dónde estan las colitas?'

I have no problem with the Thai, what I have a problem with is the Kedt number. How do I find the kedt number for my district?

Well, you could go to www.google.com, then type in "Districts of Bangkok", just lie I did. Then, you could click on the first search result, just like I did.