Gazza's Gone Nuts ....

scousemouse

It looks like Englands biggest waste of potential has hit rock bottom :o :

Gazza held after hotel incident

_42980129_gazza203.jpg Gascoigne was capped 57 times for EnglandFormer England footballer Paul Gascoigne has been detained under the Mental Health Act following an incident at a hotel in Newcastle.

Northumbria Police said a 40-year-old man was detained following a report of disorderly behaviour at the Malmaison Hotel early on Wednesday.

Officers later visited Mr Gascoigne at Gateshead's Hilton Hotel after concerns were raised about his behaviour.

Police said he was not in custody and was now receiving medical treatment.

A Northumbria Police spokesman said: "Police attended the Hilton Hotel in Gateshead yesterday evening after we received a report of concern for a 40-year-old man staying at the hotel."

"The man was detained under the Mental Health Act, and no-one was injured during the incident."

Gascoigne has battled for some time with alcohol and health problems.

In January 2005, he was hospitalised with pneumonia and last year he underwent emergency surgery for a perforated stomach ulcer after being taken ill as he was celebrating his 40th birthday.

He was arrested for an alleged assault on a photographer outside a Liverpool city centre hotel in 2005. The charges were later dropped.

A former player with Newcastle United, Tottenham Hotspur, Lazio, Glasgow Rangers and Middlesbrough, he was sacked after 39 days as manager of Kettering Town in 2005. He was capped 57 times for England.

It looks like Englands biggest waste of potential has hit rock bottom :o :

Gazza held after hotel incident

_42980129_gazza203.jpg Gascoigne was capped 57 times for EnglandFormer England footballer Paul Gascoigne has been detained under the Mental Health Act following an incident at a hotel in Newcastle.

Northumbria Police said a 40-year-old man was detained following a report of disorderly behaviour at the Malmaison Hotel early on Wednesday.

Officers later visited Mr Gascoigne at Gateshead's Hilton Hotel after concerns were raised about his behaviour.

Police said he was not in custody and was now receiving medical treatment.

A Northumbria Police spokesman said: "Police attended the Hilton Hotel in Gateshead yesterday evening after we received a report of concern for a 40-year-old man staying at the hotel."

"The man was detained under the Mental Health Act, and no-one was injured during the incident."

Gascoigne has battled for some time with alcohol and health problems.

In January 2005, he was hospitalised with pneumonia and last year he underwent emergency surgery for a perforated stomach ulcer after being taken ill as he was celebrating his 40th birthday.

He was arrested for an alleged assault on a photographer outside a Liverpool city centre hotel in 2005. The charges were later dropped.

A former player with Newcastle United, Tottenham Hotspur, Lazio, Glasgow Rangers and Middlesbrough, he was sacked after 39 days as manager of Kettering Town in 2005. He was capped 57 times for England.

He was absolutely brilliant and he has my sympathy. He is one of the many people who dont seem able to handle the fame and adulation. I just hope he gets the right help and not go the way of the likes of George Best

A piece from the bbc on Gazza's highs and lows in the game :

Gazza timeline

Paul Gascoigne is one of Britain's most recognisable football icons but his life both on and off the pitch has been turbulent.

13 April 1985: A 17-year-old Paul Gascoigne makes his league debut for Newcastle United as a second-half substitute against Queens Park Rangers.

_41093406_gascry203.jpg 'Gazzamania' is born at Italia '90

September 1985: Gascoigne scores his first goal for Newcastle, against Oxford United at St James' Park.

April 1986: The Geordie midfielder picks up his first-ever red card, for hitting Birmingham's Robert Hopkin.

July 1986: Appears on the front cover of the Rothmans Football Yearbook.

April 1988: The 21-year-old wins the PFA Young Player of the Year award.

July 1988: Joins Tottenham for £2.3m, having played 99 games and scored 25 goals for Newcastle.

September 1988: Comes off the bench to make his debut for England at Wembley against Denmark.

April 1989: Scores his first international goal to help England to a 5-0 win over Albania.

June/July 1990: Gascoigne helps England to the World Cup semi-finals. A booking in the match against Germany, who eventually won on penalties, meant the midfielder would have missed the final. Tears follow and "Gazzamania" is born.

December 1990: Football's new superstar wins the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award.

April 1991: Gascoigne's stunning free-kick helps Tottenham reach the FA Cup final at the expense of north London rivals Arsenal...

May 1991: ...but his reckless tackle on Nottingham Forest's Gary Charles in the opening moments of that match sees Gascoigne stretchered off having ruptured his cruciate ligament.

It is his last match for Spurs having agreed to join Italian side Lazio for £5.5m. The England star played 112 times for Spurs and scored 33 goals.

Gascoigne's 16-month road to recovery is hampered when he damages his knee following an altercation in a nightclub.

September 1992: He finally makes his Serie A debut against Genoa.

November 1992: Scores a last-gasp equaliser against arch-rivals Roma to cement his place in the Lazio fans' hearts.

_41093412_gasscot203.jpg Gazza answers his critics at Euro 96 and then reprises the dentist's chair

April 1994: After playing almost a full season for the Rome club, he breaks his leg in training, putting him out of action for a year. His career with the Serie A giants is over - he played 47 times and scored six goals.

June 1995: Gascoigne, now 28, joins Glasgow Rangers for £4.3m.

May 1996: Guides Rangers to their eighth successive Scottish Premier title with some dazzling performances. He is named Scottish Player of the Year.

June 1996: An alcohol-related "dentist-chair" stunt in a Hong Kong bar during England's Euro 96 preparations puts Gascoigne on the front pages of the newspapers back in Britain.

But the now peroxide-blonde midfielder answers his critics with a sublime goal against Scotland at Wembley. England, with Gascoigne prominent, reach the semi-finals but go out to Germany on penalties once more.

In the same month, he marries Sheryl shortly after the birth of their son Regan.

January 1998: Gascoigne is given a severe warning by the Scottish FA after a "playing the flute" mime - a sectarian gesture - in the Old Firm game against Celtic. It is the second time he has been warned for doing this gesture.

March 1998: He joins Middlesbrough for £3.45m after playing 104 games and scoring 39 goals for Rangers. He makes his debut in the League Cup final, which Bryan Robson's men lose. But Boro are promoted to the Premiership in May.

_41093402_gasburn203.jpg Gascoigne had a short stint at BurnleyJune 1998: England coach Glenn Hoddle does not select Gascoigne for the squad. The official word from the England camp is that he was dropped for "purely football and fitness reasons".

The midfielder was photographed on a night out with radio DJs Chris Evans and Danny Baker prior to the announcement - club manager Bryan Robson believes that picture may have influenced Hoddle's decision.

August 1998: Gascoigne's marriage to Sheryl ends after she is granted a quick divorce. The player left his wife with a black eye and badly bruised face and arm after he attacked her in a drunken rage in Gleneagles, Scotland.

"I consider that Paul's behaviour has affected my health," she wrote in her affidavit to the divorce judge.

October 1998: The 31-year-old is admitted to the Marchwood Priory hospital to receive treatment for stress and drink problems.

February 2000: Gascoigne breaks his arm after an illegal challenge on Aston Villa's George Boateng. He is later banned for three matches and fined £5,000. It proves to be his last game for the club.

_41093408_gashod203.jpg Gascoigne was left out of the 1998 World Cup squad by HoddleJuly 2000: The troubled star's former Rangers boss Walter Smith takes Gascoigne to Everton on a free transfer.

June 2001: Gascoigne admits himself to an alcohol rehabilitation clinic in Arizona on Smith's insistence.

March 2002: The 34-year-old joins First Division side Burnley, having been unable to secure a first-team place at Goodison Park. He makes six appearances, before leaving in July and goes on to join Chinese B-league side Gansu Tianma.

July 2003: Having began well for the club, scoring two goal in three games, boredom and homesickness set in. The former England star then announces he will not return to the Chinese club until he is paid back-dated wages.

July 2004: Now 37, he joins League Two side Boston United as a player-coach. However, his first news conference is called off after he suffers a bout of food poisoning.

October 2004: Gascoigne quits his position at Boston. "I've left on professional terms. I just think I needed to extend my career on the coaching side," Gascoigne said.

In the same month, he announces that he plans to change his name to G8. "It sounds a bit like great, or it does with my Geordie accent," he said.

_41093404_gascoigneket203.jpg Gascoigne's Kettering days came to a bitter and sudden end

December 2004: Gascoigne spends a week in hospital after being admitted with pneumonia.

June 2005: The now 38-year-old thanks Newcastle and Alan Shearer for helping him in his battle against depression.

October 2005: Gascoigne is named the new boss of Conference North side Kettering. His side win their first game under his management - 1-0 over Droylsden.

5 December 2005: Gascoigne is sacked after just 39 days. He took charge of six games - winning two, drawing two and losing two. Chairman Imraan Ladak cites alcohol as the reason for dismissing the football icon. Gascoigne disputes the claims.

Later that day, he is arrested after an alleged assault on a press photographer outside a hotel in Liverpool.

6 December 2005: Gascoigne is released on bail after being questioned about an alleged assault on a photographer.

February 2007: He agrees to appear in action-horror movie Final Run, with filming set to start in the summer.

May 2007: Undergoes emergency surgery for a perforated stomach ulcer. February 2008: Gascoigne is arrested in Newcastle and detained under the Mental Health Act.

A wasted talent just like others down the years.

For me though, the guy's had so many chances (certainly more than the average man on the street) to sort himself out that it's wearing a bit thin nowdays.

Edited by chavy

What a shame.....I started a thread about him a few months ago as I had not heard anything about him for a while...but you always know with Gazza that when there IS news...its gonna be for all the wrong reasons.

I don't think Gazza will reach George Best's age of 59...he has 19 more years of self abuse to get to that age, at this rate he ain't gonna make it......

There is nothing I would like more than to see him turn his life around, maybeebeing dtained in a MHU is the best thing for him right now???

My understanding, is that Gazza suffers from a Bi-Polar disorder, which could well explain a lot of the various incidents he has got himself tangled up in.

One can only hope that a detainment under Section 2, and possibly a switch to a section 3 may finally help him learn to deal with his demons amd tp recive the appropraite treat,ment that he so obviously has needed. I am sure that he will receive some excellent care from the Doctors and Nurses.

A sad, but not suprising story.

My understanding, is that Gazza suffers from a Bi-Polar disorder, which could well explain a lot of the various incidents he has got himself tangled up in.

One can only hope that a detainment under Section 2, and possibly a switch to a section 3 may finally help him learn to deal with his demons amd tp recive the appropraite treat,ment that he so obviously has needed. I am sure that he will receive some excellent care from the Doctors and Nurses.

As somebody who has a spouse with bipolar disorder I can understand alot about Gazza's previous behaviour and his roller coaster ride from genius to depression. I hope someone can get him stabilized and keep him on the appropriate medication. No human being deserves to suffer that way. You only begin to understand that mental illness is extremely, seriously unfunny when you have to deal with it on a daily basis. I hope the tabloids in the Uk have some understanding also and cut him some slack.

As somebody who has a spouse with bipolar disorder I can understand alot about Gazza's previous behaviour and his roller coaster ride from genius to depression. I hope someone can get him stabilized and keep him on the appropriate medication. No human being deserves to suffer that way. You only begin to understand that mental illness is extremely, seriously unfunny when you have to deal with it on a daily basis. I hope the tabloids in the Uk have some understanding also and cut him some slack.

Yes I guess that's right. Although in Gazza's case the problem does appear confounded by the impression that he's a bit of a headless chicken. As far as the gutter press is concerned, they can't say much that's derogatory about the feller because he still has a lot of popularity amongst working class blokes. It wouldn't sell papers, in fact might even have the opposite effect.

I hope that it all eventually works out well for him.

Yes I guess that's right. Although in Gazza's case the problem does appear confounded by the impression that he's a bit of a headless chicken. As far as the gutter press is concerned, they can't say much that's derogatory about the feller because he still has a lot of popularity amongst working class blokes. It wouldn't sell papers, in fact might even have the opposite effect.

I hope that it all eventually works out well for him.

An absolute shame :D .

All his showbiz mates need to be kicked into touch :o .

But after they are gone who is there to look after Gazza ????.

He seems to have alienated all his family so lets hope that he has someone genuine who wants to look after him :D

Many of Gazza's problems come from when he messing around as a lad in sweet shop. He was in charge of a younger lad at the time, the younger lad ran out of the shop and, into the road. He died there, in Gazza's arms.

Death stare him in the face at the age of 10 when he took his friend's little brother, Steven Spraggon, to a local shop but while Gascoigne was "mucking around" the youngster died after running out into Derwentwater Road and was knocked down by an ice-cream van.

"I was on my own with him for what seemed like ages," Gascoigne recalled. " It was the first dead body I'd ever seen and I felt Stephen's death was my fault. I still go over the accident in my mind. Just speaking of it can make me cry."

Telegraph.co.uk

Sad sad news.

Just a thought though, how different would his life have been, had Spurs not beaten United to his signature....?

redrus

Edited by redrus

Gazza sectioned under the Mental Health Act and sent to an institution for the incurably insane.

'We're glad to have him back!' Says Kevin Keegan.

Sorry , couldn't resist. :o HH

Gazza's gone nuts, eh Where have you been for the last 20 odd years :D I think it all started when Vinny Jones squeezed his nuts back in the 80's He has been an infant ever since :D

Gazza sectioned under the Mental Health Act and sent to an institution for the incurably insane.

Gazza's gone nuts, eh Where have you been for the last 20 odd years :D I think it all started when Vinny Jones squeezed his nuts back in the 80's He has been an infant ever since :D

Ah, that must have been before he said that Spuds would win the Cup. :D

Ah, that must have been before he said that Spuds would win the Cup. :D

At least he didn't mention the league or he might have been sectioned earlier. :D Anyway good luck to him. Never forget the Scotland game. Only the other 'nut' could do something like that, our beloved Paulo Di Canio :D

I used to watch him for Newcastles youth team when he was 17 until he left to join Spurs at 21 he was an absolute genius, i havent seen any English player since who comes close to his talent.

He does seem to go from one bad episode to the next, maybe he is just one of them people who will always have demons.

At least he didn't mention the league or he might have been sectioned earlier. Anyway good luck to him. Never forget the Scotland game

I was in a boozer in Glasgow that night ( on a contract) with a couple of English Guys who to say the least were...a bit worried....and when gazza scored ..........................the whole place was stunned ....shocked.....2 very white faced angrits looked at me .............and then everyone shouted ...

Whit A goalllllll...and clapped .....dont expect a cheer after all they were the enemy.............but ...again...not a bad goal...errrr :o ....yea no bad ...ach...no bad at all....gie the guy credit......smashing wee goal.....

<H1 align=center>Gazza's my hero</H1>

2402_gazza_01.jpgONE MAN inspired Joe Cole to become a professional footballer.

Sadly, that same man is now in a psychiatric hospital, sectioned under the Mental Health Act following a two-month drink and drugs bender.

So when Cole walks out at Wembley for this afternoon's Carling Cup Final against Tottenham he will spare a special thought for Paul Gascoigne.

Because Cole admits if it had not been for his idol Gazza , he may never have become the star he is.

The Chelsea midfielder admitted: "Gazza was the player who inspired me when I was growing up, especially when he was playing for England.

"I was eight during the 1990 World Cup and remember it so well, especially England's semi-final shoot-out defeat against Germany.

"Gazza was so great in that tournament and after seeing the game I turned around to my mum and said ‘I want to be a footballer.'

"With that I went outside with a ball and played, dreaming of what I could do, thinking of how Gazza had performed.

"He was my idol. It was all the things with him, not just what he did on the ball, but the tears as well.

"I always feel that the sub-plots help make football extra special and Gazza certainly provided those."

Sadly, the latest sub-plot sees fallen Gazza, 40, in a psychiatric unit in the private Middleton St George Hospital near Darlingon, Co Durham.

Health

2402_gazza_02.jpgHe was arrested on Wednesday night after he allegedly set off a fire alarm at the £240-a-night Malmaison Hotel in Gateshead and was asked to leave.

Staff at the hotel revealed how Gazza answered the door one day with ‘MAD' scrawled on his forehead.

Cole, 26, is deeply concerned for his idol's health. He added: "I just hope he is OK.

"I have met Gazza and played with him in a testimonial which was very special.

"They say sometimes you should never meet your heroes in case you are disappointed. But when I met him he was a gentleman.

"He signed a canvas picture of himself and it hangs on a wall in my house."

Ironically, Gazza's last club appearance was at Wembley 10 years ago — in the League Cup Final.

He came on as a sub in Middlesbrough's 2-0 defeat to...Chelsea.

Today Cole will line up against Gazza's former club — but he could have been walking out in the white of Tottenham and said: "I was brought up among a lot of Spurs fans. I trained with Tottenham as an 11-year-old but, at the time, the set-up for youngsters was far better at West Ham so I joined them."

England boss Fabio Capello believes Cole has the magic feet the national team has lacked since Gazza retired.

i really feel for this guy ,he was a superstar back in the 90s where the hopes of a nation lay on his shoulders ,dont be to hard on him ,he also gave us some pleasure ,lets hope he over comes his demons and recovers ,people in the uk put people on a pedalstal and then cant wait to knock them off..

i really feel for this guy ,he was a superstar back in the 90s where the hopes of a nation lay on his shoulders ,dont be to hard on him ,he also gave us some pleasure ,lets hope he over comes his demons and recovers ,people in the uk put people on a pedalstal and then cant wait to knock them off..

I'm quite sure the general consensus among genuine football fans is one of support for Gazza.

Getting out of Blighty I think would do him the world of good , just think how much sh#t the media are going to be giving \ digging up on him over the next few weeks.

I'm quite sure the general consensus among genuine football fans is one of support for Gazza.

Getting out of Blighty I think would do him the world of good , just think how much sh#t the media are going to be giving \ digging up on him over the next few weeks.

No, I actually think that he will be better off being treated in a Psychiatric hospital in Britain, under a Section 3, rather than going off to some celebrity theraputic community in the states or whatever. I hope that this may finally be the point where Gazza is finally given the treatment that he requires, which will hopefully help him rebuild his life.

I just hope he gets the right help and not go the way of the likes of George Best

I concur. Some people shouldn't be let loose with all money, for their own good.

I wonder how much he has left though - he was just before the really big money was he not?

At Spur's in 91 it was said he was on 1500 GBP a week - OK a lot more after that but still before the curent situatiuon where mediocraty can get you 50k a week?

He also had a lot of hangers on too.

Hope he gets better - he has a lot of demons in his cupboard from his early life ie domestic violence and the kid he took to the shop being killed by an ice cream van.

When he played at Boro he lived in my home town - went to my sisters bar etc and was always fine then - a small town north east atmosphere

He would go to the bookies and hand the OAP's money to bet with.

At Rangers where I used to watch him week in week out he was very generous to charity collectors etc.

A piece from the bbc on Gazza's highs and lows in the game :

Gazza timeline

Paul Gascoigne is one of Britain's most recognisable football icons but his life both on and off the pitch has been turbulent.

13 April 1985: A 17-year-old Paul Gascoigne makes his league debut for Newcastle United as a second-half substitute against Queens Park Rangers.

_41093406_gascry203.jpg 'Gazzamania' is born at Italia '90

September 1985: Gascoigne scores his first goal for Newcastle, against Oxford United at St James' Park.

April 1986: The Geordie midfielder picks up his first-ever red card, for hitting Birmingham's Robert Hopkin.

July 1986: Appears on the front cover of the Rothmans Football Yearbook.

April 1988: The 21-year-old wins the PFA Young Player of the Year award.

July 1988: Joins Tottenham for £2.3m, having played 99 games and scored 25 goals for Newcastle.

September 1988: Comes off the bench to make his debut for England at Wembley against Denmark.

April 1989: Scores his first international goal to help England to a 5-0 win over Albania.

June/July 1990: Gascoigne helps England to the World Cup semi-finals. A booking in the match against Germany, who eventually won on penalties, meant the midfielder would have missed the final. Tears follow and "Gazzamania" is born.

December 1990: Football's new superstar wins the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award.

April 1991: Gascoigne's stunning free-kick helps Tottenham reach the FA Cup final at the expense of north London rivals Arsenal...

May 1991: ...but his reckless tackle on Nottingham Forest's Gary Charles in the opening moments of that match sees Gascoigne stretchered off having ruptured his cruciate ligament.

It is his last match for Spurs having agreed to join Italian side Lazio for £5.5m. The England star played 112 times for Spurs and scored 33 goals.

Gascoigne's 16-month road to recovery is hampered when he damages his knee following an altercation in a nightclub.

September 1992: He finally makes his Serie A debut against Genoa.

November 1992: Scores a last-gasp equaliser against arch-rivals Roma to cement his place in the Lazio fans' hearts.

_41093412_gasscot203.jpg Gazza answers his critics at Euro 96 and then reprises the dentist's chair

April 1994: After playing almost a full season for the Rome club, he breaks his leg in training, putting him out of action for a year. His career with the Serie A giants is over - he played 47 times and scored six goals.

June 1995: Gascoigne, now 28, joins Glasgow Rangers for £4.3m.

May 1996: Guides Rangers to their eighth successive Scottish Premier title with some dazzling performances. He is named Scottish Player of the Year.

June 1996: An alcohol-related "dentist-chair" stunt in a Hong Kong bar during England's Euro 96 preparations puts Gascoigne on the front pages of the newspapers back in Britain.

But the now peroxide-blonde midfielder answers his critics with a sublime goal against Scotland at Wembley. England, with Gascoigne prominent, reach the semi-finals but go out to Germany on penalties once more.

In the same month, he marries Sheryl shortly after the birth of their son Regan.

January 1998: Gascoigne is given a severe warning by the Scottish FA after a "playing the flute" mime - a sectarian gesture - in the Old Firm game against Celtic. It is the second time he has been warned for doing this gesture.

March 1998: He joins Middlesbrough for £3.45m after playing 104 games and scoring 39 goals for Rangers. He makes his debut in the League Cup final, which Bryan Robson's men lose. But Boro are promoted to the Premiership in May.

_41093402_gasburn203.jpg Gascoigne had a short stint at BurnleyJune 1998: England coach Glenn Hoddle does not select Gascoigne for the squad. The official word from the England camp is that he was dropped for "purely football and fitness reasons".

The midfielder was photographed on a night out with radio DJs Chris Evans and Danny Baker prior to the announcement - club manager Bryan Robson believes that picture may have influenced Hoddle's decision.

August 1998: Gascoigne's marriage to Sheryl ends after she is granted a quick divorce. The player left his wife with a black eye and badly bruised face and arm after he attacked her in a drunken rage in Gleneagles, Scotland.

"I consider that Paul's behaviour has affected my health," she wrote in her affidavit to the divorce judge.

October 1998: The 31-year-old is admitted to the Marchwood Priory hospital to receive treatment for stress and drink problems.

February 2000: Gascoigne breaks his arm after an illegal challenge on Aston Villa's George Boateng. He is later banned for three matches and fined £5,000. It proves to be his last game for the club.

_41093408_gashod203.jpg Gascoigne was left out of the 1998 World Cup squad by HoddleJuly 2000: The troubled star's former Rangers boss Walter Smith takes Gascoigne to Everton on a free transfer.

June 2001: Gascoigne admits himself to an alcohol rehabilitation clinic in Arizona on Smith's insistence.

March 2002: The 34-year-old joins First Division side Burnley, having been unable to secure a first-team place at Goodison Park. He makes six appearances, before leaving in July and goes on to join Chinese B-league side Gansu Tianma.

July 2003: Having began well for the club, scoring two goal in three games, boredom and homesickness set in. The former England star then announces he will not return to the Chinese club until he is paid back-dated wages.

July 2004: Now 37, he joins League Two side Boston United as a player-coach. However, his first news conference is called off after he suffers a bout of food poisoning.

October 2004: Gascoigne quits his position at Boston. "I've left on professional terms. I just think I needed to extend my career on the coaching side," Gascoigne said.

In the same month, he announces that he plans to change his name to G8. "It sounds a bit like great, or it does with my Geordie accent," he said.

_41093404_gascoigneket203.jpg Gascoigne's Kettering days came to a bitter and sudden end

December 2004: Gascoigne spends a week in hospital after being admitted with pneumonia.

June 2005: The now 38-year-old thanks Newcastle and Alan Shearer for helping him in his battle against depression.

October 2005: Gascoigne is named the new boss of Conference North side Kettering. His side win their first game under his management - 1-0 over Droylsden.

5 December 2005: Gascoigne is sacked after just 39 days. He took charge of six games - winning two, drawing two and losing two. Chairman Imraan Ladak cites alcohol as the reason for dismissing the football icon. Gascoigne disputes the claims.

Later that day, he is arrested after an alleged assault on a press photographer outside a hotel in Liverpool.

6 December 2005: Gascoigne is released on bail after being questioned about an alleged assault on a photographer.

February 2007: He agrees to appear in action-horror movie Final Run, with filming set to start in the summer.

May 2007: Undergoes emergency surgery for a perforated stomach ulcer. February 2008: Gascoigne is arrested in Newcastle and detained under the Mental Health Act.

I think its a combination of money and fame, and then the lack of, it drove Adam Ant mad as well,( Boy George is hanging on by the skin of his teeth ) they dont like it when they lose their popularity,.i hope it never hapens to me ! :o , have you seen a close up of Gazza lately, hes using a lot of make up, is he gay now ? sure looks it ..

I am just learning about Bi-polar now - young sisters been diagnosed with it!

She used to have a bevvy with Gazza sometimes - the irony.

I was in a box at Ibrox one Christmas (my last one not in Thailand) when he went through the Hib's defence like butter - it was brilliant and I was leaping about and turning up the crowd volume in the box full blast - great night that if I remember in Edinburgh afterwards - still have the corporate hospitality gifts.

Then in Euro 96 when he scored against Scotland - brilliant - I turned Three Lions right up on the stereo and blasted it into the Edinburgh street :o