Building Playground... Help!

BiggyD

We are in the process of building a playground on 1 Rai of land in Pattaya City. We have leveled all the land, walled it and put seats etc for people to sit on.... Only problem I have now is finding playground equipment such as swings, roundabouts, seesaws, etc, etc... Any idea if someone sells or manafactures such stuff around Pattaya? As this is a free place for kids around Pattaya to play I don't want to over spend but obviously want something safe and strong enough to last a few years. Thanks i advance for any ideas.

Where I come from, public play ground swings are made of a wooden frame where the swing it self is attached. The swings are made by old tyres and attached to the wood frame by means of chains. Will last forever..

Very nice of you to do this. Have been looking for a play ground to go with my kid for a long time but they are of a very poor quality and neglected.

Where will this play ground be located?

Rgds

edh

We are in the process of building a playground on 1 Rai of land in Pattaya City. We have leveled all the land, walled it and put seats etc for people to sit on.... Only problem I have now is finding playground equipment such as swings, roundabouts, seesaws, etc, etc... Any idea if someone sells or manafactures such stuff around Pattaya? As this is a free place for kids around Pattaya to play I don't want to over spend but obviously want something safe and strong enough to last a few years. Thanks i advance for any ideas.

Where I come from, public play ground swings are made of a wooden frame where the swing it self is attached. The swings are made by old tyres and attached to the wood frame by means of chains. Will last forever..

Very nice of you to do this. Have been looking for a play ground to go with my kid for a long time but they are of a very poor quality and neglected.

Where will this play ground be located?

Rgds

edh

The plot is located on top of Pratumnak Hill. I too was quite surprised about the lack of play facilities around the town so decided to do this of my own back. Have 3 kids myself which is the main reason for the park but thought since it was there why not let anyone use. No idea if that will work or not. Not too handy myself with making such equipment so if you know anyone that can do such work it would be much appreciated. Have nice trees on the land so would be easy for some nice tyre swings etc...

That's nice :o . You could always try some of the local schools and ask them where they got their playground equipment from.

After a day driving around managed to find an older swing set and a round about in a garden center in North Pattaya. Been sanding them down this afternoon and will get them painted up tomorrow as they were looking rather tired. Also got lost out in Huay Yai and came upon a road side stall selling mini slides etc so picked up one of those as well. Thankfully in good condition. Also ordered some climbing frames, seesaws and a large boat swing from the same people. Hopefully all will arrive later in the week. Next job is getting the pathways done and equipment locations cemented so we can fix the equipment properly. Hopefully over the next couple of weeks all will be done. Anyone fancy taking on some gardening duties? :o

After a day driving around managed to find an older swing set and a round about in a garden center in North Pattaya. Been sanding them down this afternoon and will get them painted up tomorrow as they were looking rather tired. Also got lost out in Huay Yai and came upon a road side stall selling mini slides etc so picked up one of those as well. Thankfully in good condition. Also ordered some climbing frames, seesaws and a large boat swing from the same people. Hopefully all will arrive later in the week. Next job is getting the pathways done and equipment locations cemented so we can fix the equipment properly. Hopefully over the next couple of weeks all will be done. Anyone fancy taking on some gardening duties? :o

There are some sites on the Chonburi bypass that make Thai houses, Gazebos etc Maybe you could get one of them to donate either a structure or materials for some free advertising when you open the playground - drum up interest from the media maybe they have contacts

Edited by Reimar
Deleted a sentence on request of the writer/poster.

I design playgrounds, here is a few suggestions.

For landscaping. Use plants that attract butterflies, and flowers that they can pick to give to Mom.

For Pathways. Go to local lumber yard and ask for the sawdust. or use rice husks. These pathways are used to go to the different play stations.

Every playground needs a seesaw, and a low balance beam. And of course, a sand box! Use screened beach sand its clean and easy to brush off.

A rock climbing wall is also easy to build, place against the side of the swing set. or build two together, to create a little fort/hiding place underneath.

A place for mom and dad to sit in the shade nearby would be nice also.

What you are doing sound great! Hope these suggestion come in handy.

meandwi

In Baan Amphur, the local government set up a very nice playground for children at the beach, must have cost some money, but worth a look.

Its in a very narrow soi on Sukhumvit rd, towards the beach, you will find nice white beach and a playground.

For the view in the know, its next to Baan Somprasong (Condo & housing estate).

Jomtien

In Baan Amphur, the local government set up a very nice playground for children at the beach, must have cost some money, but worth a look.

Its in a very narrow soi on Sukhumvit rd, towards the beach, you will find nice white beach and a playground.

Jomtien

Was there just 2 days ago..before I read this forum..and noticed some of the equipment has name, address, telephone and website details....definately worth a look.

You'll find it at

12 deg 48 min 42.62 sec North

100 deg 54 min 47.03 sec East

I'll be there next Sunday and will take a note of the details for posting.

Edited by KKK

The plot is located on top of Pratumnak Hill.

Can you please give more precise directions.

Are all welcome.

What about dogs? nice ones on leash can they come too?

Edited by KKK

Thanks for advice etc. Have all equipment ordered now. The plot is on top of Pratumnak Hill between Sois 5&6. Started out as a family project but due to local demand from kids we have decided to open it to all. No idea how that will work or if the headache factor will be to much. Don't want to be cleaning up after family parties etc. As long as people are responsible and take care of the equipment and grounds, we'll leave it open. If it gets to be a problem then the gates get locked up and will be for friends and family only. Hope that doesn't happen.... Guess time will tell. Dogs wouldn't be a big issue as long as owners are responsible as well. Don't fancy picking up dog poo on after work everyday just to keep the place usable and safe.

Thanks for advice etc. Have all equipment ordered now. The plot is on top of Pratumnak Hill between Sois 5&6. Started out as a family project but due to local demand from kids we have decided to open it to all. No idea how that will work or if the headache factor will be to much. Don't want to be cleaning up after family parties etc. As long as people are responsible and take care of the equipment and grounds, we'll leave it open. If it gets to be a problem then the gates get locked up and will be for friends and family only. Hope that doesn't happen.... Guess time will tell. Dogs wouldn't be a big issue as long as owners are responsible as well. Don't fancy picking up dog poo on after work everyday just to keep the place usable and safe.

Make sure you have plenty of bins for garbage. Ones with lids are best to keep the flies under control.

According to new local laws dogs must be on <=50cm leash held by 15-65 year-old. They should have rabies tag. Poo must be picked up and disposed of by owner. All this applies to public land but the same should go for your park.

Jomtien

Was there just 2 days ago..before I read this forum..and noticed some of the equipment has name, address, telephone and website details....definately worth a look.

You'll find it at

12 deg 48 min 42.62 sec North

100 deg 54 min 47.03 sec East

I'll be there next Sunday and will take a note of the details for posting.

This is the manufacturer of the playground equipment in the Ban Amphur park.

ZEST-99 Limited Partnership

Tel: 02-8972211, 02-4536144 , 084-1740044 , 084-6112099

Fax:02-8972300

E-mail:[email protected]

Web site:www.zest-99.COM

Unfortunately the website is all in Thai and has no prices, but the product range is extensive. Perhaps by emailing them you might get more details.

You are to be commended for the time, effort, and expense of this very public sperited project. Clean and safe public parks and playgrounds for kids is something sorely needed all around Thailand.

However, to protect yourself, be sure to consult a qualified lawyer and insurance broker as to the laws regarding liability if someone should be injured while using the playground.