Alcohol Sales Friday, Feb 29th To March 3rd ?

grantbkk

I may be wrong, but I believe this weekend there is only voting on one day, Sunday, March 2nd, as opposed to the two days "early voting" last weekend.

So presumably the bars will be shut from 6 p.m. on Saturday - not Friday.

Anyone?

Yes I suppose there will be restrictions this weekend. If there might be restrictions this weekend..well I guess there will be...

I don't want to sound ungreatful Chris but perhaps it is a good thing they have restrictions on alcohol consumption. Please try again after a nap> :o

I have some friends arriving in Bangkok from overseas on Saturday night and need to know the alcohol sales restrictions and bar closings for this weekends election.

Thanks. :o

I think there's another one next weekend too!!!!! Foreigners should be exempt from this draconian law. I resent being treated like a kid being told when I can and can't buy a f***ing beer!!!!!

I have some friends arriving in Bangkok from overseas on Saturday night and need to know the alcohol sales restrictions and bar closings for this weekends election.

I think there's another one next weekend too!!!!! Foreigners should be exempt from this draconian law. I resent being treated like a kid being told when I can and can't buy a f***ing beer!!!!!

.... and yet again, the 'age-old' saying springs to mind.....'When in Rome, do as the Romans do.'

.... and yet again, the 'age-old' saying springs to mind.....'When in Rome, do as the Romans do.'

Not sure if the Romans had a drunken orgy ban during elections of the Senate? :D Mind you, they were quite a forward thinking bunch, the Romans...

OK 'when in Rome' Where do I vote? So I can own land in Thailand now? Sorry, 'When in Rome' does not apply to Thailand............ :D

I may be wrong, but I believe this weekend there is only voting on one day, Sunday, March 2nd, as opposed to the two days "early voting" last weekend.

Anyone?

Sounds about right.............6pm Saturday till midnight Sunday

Anyone?

Sounds about right.............6pm Saturday till midnight Sunday

I had been planning a BKK trip this weekend but a former work colleague of mine in Bangna just told me that he *thinks* that pubs & bars are closed from 6pm on Friday for both Saturday and Sunday ...

Think I'll postpone for a week and come next weekend instead... it's not that places might be shut, it's that I can't be doing with the uncertainty of what will be open and what won't be (I know you can always get alcohol if you want but that's not the point)

Anyway, let's hope that the elections help continue to re-establish the democratic processes in Thailand...

CC

Edited by Captain Chaos

Thanks. :D

....and yeat again another variation of the tired old, "If you don't like it, go home". :o

No alcohol sales 6 pm Saturday till midnight Sunday is the letter of the law.

Some jurisdictions allow sales after polls close Sunday, but that is very much a local thing so do not count on it if hoping.

That still gives all Friday to enjoy the rugby with a beer in hand, plus half Saturday.

I can live with that. Beats watching rugby with a coke in hand like I did last week.

So far the Booze ban this weekend will be very limited,

Friday, no problem at all.

Saturday night some bars will have to moderate there viewing of Booze ( most bars on soi 4 and soi 7/1 and soi 11 will be open normal ) after hours bars no problem.

Sunday night will be same as last week , after 6 pm all open again..

Cheers...

Saturday night some bars will have to moderate there viewing of Booze ( most bars on soi 4 and soi 7/1 and soi 11 will be open normal ) after hours bars no problem.

Cheers...

Where does this info come from ???

You maybe right about Sunday after a ertain time but I bet that it's 6pm Friday until midnight Sunday the official line. Those that chose to "open" will be serving in the dark in mugs etc plus on edge just incase plod makes an appearance.

Cheers...

You maybe right about Sunday after a ertain time but I bet that it's 6pm Friday until midnight Sunday the official line. Those that chose to "open" will be serving in the dark in mugs etc plus on edge just incase plod makes an appearance.

The only reason it was from Frday last week is because there were TWO days of voting, Saturday AND Sunday. This weekend voting is Sunday ONLY, so why should they be closed Friday?? They never have before.

Edited by grtaylor

Cheers...

This comes from the local BIB that handle the areas I spoke about. I acually wrote it sitting in a bar with them at the time ( free Wi-Fi ) And As I said ALL open tonight ( Friday ) without a mention of closing, but as I said before Saturday night will be minimal viewing of booze, and I guesse some places might choose to close but do not have to. and sunday evening will be full on normal.

Cheers and Enjoy your nights out :o

And what happened to rome my tefl friend! I suppose on a tefl salary there isnt much left over for beer after noodles and kaow pat. Never mind the tourists who have looked forward to there long awaited vacation only to be told they cant have a glass of wine for possibly both weekends of their stay!

Cheers...

The only reason it was from Frday last week is because there were TWO days of voting, Saturday AND Sunday. This weekend voting is Sunday ONLY, so why should they be closed Friday?? They never have before.

The lights are out in pattaya now - must be another power cut!

Cheers...

The lights are out in pattaya now - must be another power cut!

Just needed to add My original post referenced only a certain area in Bangkok. :o

""( most bars on soi 4 and soi 7/1 and soi 11 will be open normal ) after hours bars no problem.""

I am only speaking of those areas ..And all is fine here tonight.

cheers.

post-55597-1204298248_thumb.jpg

Well, I'm doing a visa-run to Nong Khai tomorrow so shall bring back a sh*t-load of Beer-Lao. I like Chang, Singha etc but really like the dark BLs. :o

All does seem ok for the most part this weekend, I just spoke with another place in soi cowboy and Saturday looks limited in viewing booze,

Hope all goes good for everyone tonight

PS: PM me if you want beer lao dark in bangkok..

Cheers..