How To Print Images In Windows Without Picture Manager Cropping Them?

Trevor

All the settings in picture manager, except the full-page fax setting, slightly crop the image which is really infuriating.

What if a user wants to print every pixel in half or quarter-page size? Those programmers at Microsoft are so narrow-minded!

Can I throw out this typical Gates cr*p and use something else?

I tried printing via Paint but the menu only present image names, not thumbnails, so it's really inconvenient. Also, some of the images (all Jpegs), which picture manager will open, Paint will not.

Can anyone recommend something more versatile for viewing thumbnails and then printing them at various sizes without any stupid automatic cropping?

I have Roxio ... will that do it? Thanks for all replies!

If you are printing borderless crop is a printer function to allow for small variance in paper size/alignment. On my Canon using min setting for 4x6 prints and photos of 2/3 size there is absolutely no crop using Vista and the built in Windows Photo Gallery software for printing. Am not sure this is the same as what you are using or not but just checked it - in the recommended printer setting there is some crop but it is adjustable using the printer options.

I don't use Windows but there is a free multiplatform software calledThe Gimp for Windows that I use on GNU/Linux to edit, print, capture pictures.

Very reliable and has a lot of features. Fell free to try it. :o

Thanks. I like the print feature which allows me to set the exact size of the print in inches or cm. Obviously beyond the mental abilities of Microsoft's programmers in Picture Manager!

All the settings in picture manager, except the full-page fax setting, slightly crop the image which is really infuriating.

Yes, MS software does made bad choices when it tries to "help", my current bug-bear is Vista's Explorer resetting it's choices of file details displayed or displaying Tiles when I want details etc. However....

There is a tick box in Vista's image print manager labelled "Fix Picture to frame." that will auto crop the image to match the print area aspect ratio of the printer's current default settings. So unless you change your printer default to be 10x15cm borderless for example you will find that the image gets cropped by MS - and then it offers you the choice to refine the printer properites within the printer options panel to remove any border or print grey scale or across multiple sheets for example. I would guess there is a similar setting within the print manger you are using if you can find it.