If You Could Have Any Row Motorcycle In Thailand, What Would It Be?

submaniac

Okay, this is just a hypothetical...but say you weren't limited to the "Thai" bikes, and could import any motorcylce that you want from anywhere in the world, with no worries about it being seized, taxed, etc., what would it be? And try to keep it to a realistic bike that you could actually afford, like no black shadows...unless you could afford one of course? Just hypothetical to see what people's tastes are.

Me? HD Softail Heritage.

You? Sportbike? Cruiser? Supermotard? Dual sport? Sport tourer? Do tell!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, this is just a hypothetical...but say you weren't limited to the "Thai" bikes, and could import any motorcylce that you want from anywhere in the world, with no worries about it being seized, taxed, etc., what would it be? And try to keep it to a realistic bike that you could actually afford, like no black shadows...unless you could afford one of course? Just hypothetical to see what people's tastes are.

Me? HD Softail Heritage.

Either one of those Buell 1125R (versus what a Ducati 1098 puts out)(because I'm American and have to support the products!), or one of the new CBR 600....which may be the best all around sports bike out there.

XB1125R_1.jpg

Edited by dave_boo

I already have the bike I would want for cruising around Thailand. My Triumph Rocket 3 Classic is for me the best all rounder I've had. Very very fast when I want to play and the most comfortable mile muncher I've ever sat on. Just the thing for getting around this beautiful country. After the Rocket I would like my old Kawasaki Z900b here to play with. :o

Well I rode the only Triumph Rocket III in Thailand , brought it from Britbike, in Bangkok waited months for it... what an amazing ride... a little tough for me on the corners at slow speed and bloomin heavy ! I also have a little Phantom which for my first ride ever is reliable and great for pottering about . Rode from Chumphon all the way to Kanchanaburi :o Wish I could ride when I am in California, got my license recently but it is just different there all these silly little clubs and everyone is Harley crazy.

I would have to leave the cooperate catalog Hardly ableto tractors to the boy's in leather and get myself a V max.

If it was a classic on offer it would have to be a Kawasaki KH 750 triple.

Edited by pop3

Me? HD Softail Heritage.

This is the perfect bike for me, riding to cambodia and back,.. :o

post-41326-1204209925_thumb.jpg

Edited by mikethevigoman

Hello.

Two choices for me.......

1) Zuendapp KS 50 Watercooled, year 1977-1979. Unrestricted 50 cc, 6.25 HP, Vmax ~110 KM/h. Unlimited fun howling around town at 11.000+ rpm :o

2) Suzuki GT 750 - the ULTIMATE two-stroke Bulldozer. 3 cylinder, 750 cc. Beats my current Yamaha RXZ 135 :D

And yeah, DECENT engines have no valves and rattling gear to drive them :D

Best regards.....

Thanh

post-13387-1204210714_thumb.jpg

post-13387-1204210742_thumb.jpg

Edited by Thanh-BKK

@Buzziebaby

I can assure you that there are more then one Triumph Rocket III's in Thailand

Well when I purchased mine from Britbike in RCA it was the first 2007 in Thailand. Not sure about now, that was in May of last year :o

Seems like both of you had the same bike!

NAKA " wont get any of these for years " Not so I ordered the first Rocket 3 for Thailand and will be here in May.. DAVE THE DUDE They do indeed have the retro scrambler in the show room though I cant tell you how much. The shop is located at RCA and the guys working there all speak good English and are very helpful.

Picture below is the shop bike, mine has footboards, 2 tone paint and different bars.

Cheers

To deal with everyday traffic in Thailand I only dream about a bike I never have to worry about all this irritating cars around me. And therefore my ultimate bike would be something like this...but I belief that it will stay by dreaming....

post-12170-1204274411_thumb.jpg

Edited by Richard-BKK

Hi Thanh,

Zundapp had also the KS 80 and it was in the end of the 70's early 80's something like the bike every German boy wanted.

Sorry I'm not German.

No need to be German to like Zuendapp - they actually nowadays have more fans in The Netherlands than in Germany :o But i used to be a really Zuendapp-crazy boy - i had 23 of them, and of course a KS 80 as well :D Yeah, in 1980 the law in Germany changed and 16-year olds were then allowed to ride 80cc bikes, but those were speed-restricted to 80 KM/h max. The older 50cc "open class" were unrestricted except for "50cc max displacement", some went as fast as 130 KM/h (Austrian Puch Cobra GTL-6 WC, i had one such as well!) The KS 80 is an almost-identical bike to the KS 50 except for the 80cc engine and cosmetic changes (rear fender plastic instead of chrome etc).

I had Zuendapps from the ZR10 "Mofa" (motor-bicycle) with 50cc, 25 KM/h max to the KS 175 (175cc, 17 HP, some 140 KM/h max) and several inbetween - GTS 50, C50 Sport ("Mokick", 50cc, 50 KM/h), older "Combinette" (also "Mokick"), and several of the KS 50 models as well as KS 80 and K80 (cheaper 80cc bike, air-cooled). At the time when i collected those they were still cheap - i sold my last KS 50 in top condition for the equivalent of 250 Euros, and now, 10 years later, they fetch 3.500 Euros on E-Bay easily....... I still would get one if it was possible to get it into Thailand and legalized here. I could race those crazy Wave's etc on Sukhumvit and next traffic light could tell them "50 cc only!"

Best regards.....

Thanh

@Buzziebaby

I can assure you that there are more then one Triumph Rocket III's in Thailand

Well when I purchased mine from Britbike in RCA it was the first 2007 in Thailand. Not sure about now, that was in May of last year :o

Seems like both of you had the same bike!

NAKA " wont get any of these for years " Not so I ordered the first Rocket 3 for Thailand and will be here in May.. DAVE THE DUDE They do indeed have the retro scrambler in the show room though I cant tell you how much. The shop is located at RCA and the guys working there all speak good English and are very helpful.

Picture below is the shop bike, mine has footboards, 2 tone paint and different bars.

Cheers

Yep same bike, I brought it for h2odunc we separated and he got to keep it because I am such a nice woman and I did buy it for him as a gift and he is such a real man he kept it and loves to tall everyone he bought it.

dave boo, I cannot believe that Erik Buell finally was able to throw out the old Sportster engine! As I recall, the only 72 degree Vtwin DOHC engine would have been...the 1982/83 Yamaha Vision 550, which appears to be half of the V4 installed on the VMax and the big Yamaha tourer.