Thaksin lands at Suvarnabhumi and taken to court

george

The prove are there, during Thaksin period, drugs were almost gone from Thailand, everyone knows about it.

Despite the damage that was caused, Thailand were almost drug free!

Now ever since the coup, citizens had started complaining that drug dealers are back!

I dont know where you received your informations.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The prove are there, during Thaksin period, drugs were almost gone from Thailand, everyone knows about it.

Now ever since the coup, citizens had started complaining that drug dealers are back!

Seizhin,

Thailand isn't and never was drug free, I don't think any country on Earth is and never will be as long as people wanna take them.

We could have these wars on drugs for a 1000 Years and nothing will change.

If you stop the demand, there will be no supply, but that ain't gonna happen.

Do you see a strong female leadership in the wings? Or... denied?

Prophecies aside, I believe that forum rules prevent us from exploring such future possibilities, but it is all connected to current events which become curiouser and curiouser as time goes by.

I think he should have been allowed to serve out his last term of office. as it were, the coup and PAD have yet to prove any guilt on the part of thaksin.

NONE! only heresay. and a lot of jealousy.

GO THAKSIN!

:o:D :D :D

Dang, don't you read the news? He concealed money, used his position in order for his family to buy land at under market value, sold a Thai telecommunication company to a foreign country, etc, etc, etc. I guess some folks just ain't gonna accept the facts.

hey. It was a short term fix at the expense of many innocent lives! How would you like if it were one of your innocent family members were sacrificed in this manner ? its the biggest black stain on Thaksins name as far as im concerned.

Now the smartest one is back in town. Like him or hate him Mr Thaksin knows how the system works. So what if he made a few dollars from share trading; no tax on profit from shares so who is trading on the share market, the farmer from Chiang Rai. No way! Its the middle class person that may be getting the nod before things happen? Thaksin is just a poor country bumkin that made good in the city and rubbed a few noses the wrong way. And got away with it.

Why is he back or why is he permitted back? Maybe because the people of Thailand exercised there right and voted his party back in. Plus the current leaders arent really having a good run.

Thaksin is a very astute man, no bumkin at all; knows how to get as much as he can out of the day, but also started doing things for the poorer people of the country. This reform is slow and what it usually does is have an effect on the the middle and wealthy people of a country. The reason for this is money is directed away from these clases to areas that need it most.

I agree some programs didn't go smooth but the effect was to place Thaksin as a hero with his fellow Thai's. But this also had a negative effect that drew critisim from his detractors. Easy to throw stones for those in glass houses or something like that!

His US dollars have taken a tumble recently?

Anyway, this is not my decision but the decision of Thai's who they want. If he is smart enough to make 1.2 Billion who would you want running the country; A person stuffing 1000 baht notes into their pockets.

I believe the argument has always been around why haven't I made so much under Thaksin, with most of the money going to the poor of the country. The reforms were not liked by a few?

"Thailand was almost drug free" :D :D :D Yep, and Britany Spears is almost a good parent.

My guess is that you didn't lose any relative or friends. Drugs were available then and they'll be available after the next killing spree. :o

a brave man .

A brave man !! I don't think so. He wouldn't have come back in a million years if he wasn't sure the deck was already stacked in his favour. To think he'd risk a long term in jail by coming back here is foolish thinking in my view.

Have to agree 100%. All he had to do was make a few calls prior to deciding to return :o

Now the smartest one is back in town. Like him or hate him Mr Thaksin knows how the system works.

I think you are giving him more credit than he deserves. If he was so smart and knew how the system really worked, he wouldn't be in this mess.

I would have said instead "Now the most egoistical and greedy one is back in town." :o

By Achara Ashayagachat, Bangkok Post

If there is any advice, for foreigners or local citizens watching this intriguing, twist-and-turn of political developments, it would be this: Be patient, and stay engaged.

To those who can't make sense of it all: Open your mind.

According to an analysis by Phatra Securities, Thailand is still in an emotional transitional mode, a problem stage for certain analysts. Those at Phatra, for example, expressed concerns about how Thailand still "being trapped in values struggle."

<snip>

Unless there are more provoking or negative actions from the Samak government, the political situation will remain controllable and calm.

But if there are more careless moves, similar to the abrupt transfers of the DSI and later FDA chiefs, or comments by cabinet members that anger the public, there might be counter forces emerging," he predicted.

Whether Mr Thaksin's return would cause any trouble is entirely up to him, according to Mr Asda.

"If Thaksin is restrained and tolerant, he can play a double-faced role with Samak, and vice-versa. This duo needs each other as mcyh or more than we need them, in order to sustain the matter at hand until more important issues such as the political ban the on 111 ex-TRTs are resolved," said Mr Asda

Link here.

Soundman.

Thitinan Pongsudhirak writes that the time couldn't be better for the triumphant return of Thaksin Shinawatra. But Mr Thaksin will be unable to stop himself from trying to take control - and that sets up a replay of the dramatic 2001 confrontation of Thaksin versus the judicial system.

Thitinan Pongsudhirak is director of the Institute of Security and International Studies, Faculty of Political Science, Chulalongkorn University.

He was down but never out. After nearly 18 months in self-imposed exile after the coup in September 2006, former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has made a triumphant return.

That Mr Thaksin chose yesterday for his homecoming is unsurprising. It is peak time for him, his supporters and allies. The People Power Party won the election resoundingly two months ago, and has successfully formed a coalition government, which has just completed its policy announcement in parliament. At the same time, the PPP’s post-election credibility and legitimacy have eroded quickly.

<snip>

Already, Finance Minister Surapong Suebwonglee wants to appoint Mr Thaksin as an economic advisor. This sort of proposal would allow the former leader to be on the sidelines but yet still inside Thai politics.

Above all, Mr Thaksin is back to exert clout and bring pressure to bear on the judicial decisions that are pending. The upcoming legal cases from corruption and abuses of power to poll fraud will determine Mr Thaksin’s political and financial fortunes and the PPP’s survival in view of House Speaker Yongyuth Tiyapairat’s "red card" by the Election Commission as well as Thailand’s entire political future.

Mr Thaksin is an unrivalled master at manoeuvrings. He proved it before in 2001 when he was narrowly acquitted in his assets-concealment trial soon after his Thai Rak Thai party secured a firm democratic mandate at the polls. A replay of Mr Thaksin and his allies versus the judicial system appears in the offing.

Link here.

Fellow Thai's seem to be of the opinion that the puppet master is above the law. :o

Soundman.

I think he should have been allowed to serve out his last term of office. as it were, the coup and PAD have yet to prove any guilt on the part of thaksin.

GO THAKSIN!

:o:D:D:D

Dang, don't you read the news? He concealed money, used his position in order for his family to buy land at under market value, sold a Thai telecommunication company to a foreign country, etc, etc, etc. I guess some folks just ain't gonna accept the facts.

Ah yes, the News and accepting the facts, must be true. Read all about it in Thai Rath and BKK Post. Get real. Lets just see what happens in court, if it ever gets there. Cannot wait to see the prosicution witnesses lined up. General/Admiral/& Air Marshall Somchai et al.

Welcome home Frank.

Thitinan Pongsudhirak writes that the time couldn't be better for the triumphant return of Thaksin Shinawatra. But Mr Thaksin will be unable to stop himself from trying to take control - and that sets up a replay of the dramatic 2001 confrontation of Thaksin versus the judicial system.

Thitinan Pongsudhirak is director of the Institute of Security and International Studies, Faculty of Political Science, Chulalongkorn University.

He was down but never out. After nearly 18 months in self-imposed exile after the coup in September 2006, former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has made a triumphant return.

That Mr Thaksin chose yesterday for his homecoming is unsurprising. It is peak time for him, his supporters and allies. The People Power Party won the election resoundingly two months ago, and has successfully formed a coalition government, which has just completed its policy announcement in parliament. At the same time, the PPP’s post-election credibility and legitimacy have eroded quickly.

<snip>

Already, Finance Minister Surapong Suebwonglee wants to appoint Mr Thaksin as an economic advisor. This sort of proposal would allow the former leader to be on the sidelines but yet still inside Thai politics.

Above all, Mr Thaksin is back to exert clout and bring pressure to bear on the judicial decisions that are pending. The upcoming legal cases from corruption and abuses of power to poll fraud will determine Mr Thaksin’s political and financial fortunes and the PPP’s survival in view of House Speaker Yongyuth Tiyapairat’s "red card" by the Election Commission as well as Thailand’s entire political future.

Mr Thaksin is an unrivalled master at manoeuvrings. He proved it before in 2001 when he was narrowly acquitted in his assets-concealment trial soon after his Thai Rak Thai party secured a firm democratic mandate at the polls. A replay of Mr Thaksin and his allies versus the judicial system appears in the offing.

Link here.

Fellow Thai's seem to be of the opinion that the puppet master is above the law. :o

----------------------

"There will always be those men who believe they are above the law"- Steven Segal

I forgot from which movie but you know the one I mean.

Taksin is not only above the law, he walks on water and is indeed untouchable.

Bottom line, he's just too fking rich.

However a bullet or a bomb doesn't discriminate..

God save the king.

Soundman.

Now the smartest one is back in town. Like him or hate him Mr Thaksin knows how the system works.

I think you are giving him more credit than he deserves. If he was so smart and knew how the system really worked, he wouldn't be in this mess.

I would have said instead "Now the most egoistical and greedy one is back in town." :o

Traveller what is the rest of the crew like? I just meant he is the smartest one there.

Ego is a common trait with polies? Greed well that is a common trait with the area that he lives in. Thaksin made a lot more money than the rest of them. Thats again why I say smarter. Thats all.

I think the issue of people realising they had feet is more too the point. He stood on the feet of the Bangkok elite. Their funds dropped? The money went to the poorer people. The fact is that he has good support in the country areas, maybe bar some in the south. But this is where he comes from.

What reforms have the new blokes offered the people in the country. So the majority of people live in the country areas. Are the new crew smart? Unfortunatly democracy runs with the majority. This is where I thought Thaksin tapped into.

Your opions on the guys ethics are your personal thoughts, I just thought the work that he had done was ahead of his opposite party to some extent.

Do I give him credit. Yes I do. But what are you opposing, a party that is not up to his speed yet. You are always going to have problems when you take from middle class. I agree there needs to be reform. But where do you start and who do you start with. Honestly you can't take from the poor anymore!

GO THAKSIN!

accept the facts?

"sold thai tele company to foreign counry." so, what about the telenor sale to norway? what was that? and how about the samart sale to a malaysia company? what was that? these two transactions happened before thaksin even attempted to sell shin to singapore.

"use his position to buy land at under market value." hey. the property was put up for bid. do you know how bids work? do you know what an auction is?

"conceal money." if he concealed the money, then, how were the coup able to locate the money?

<snip> like I said... heresay. and a lot of jealousy.

thaksin went to a major international legal firm for their professional recommendation on the sale to singapore. and they gave him the ok.

http://bdo-thaitax.com/publications/pub_ta...us_2006_mar.pdf

accept the facts. yeah. right. why don't you?

Edited by Jai Dee
flame deleted

I asked my wife how much she was paid this time to vote for the PPP in the last elections, she said "nothing", so I asked her to go back down there and get her money. Didn't go down to well, but I thought it was funny. :D

----------------

Easy sneasy! Don't wanna get the wife pissed :o

Also what if you do and teach. I practice medicine and teach pathology.. :D

GO THAKSIN!

accept the facts?

"sold thai tele company to foreign counry." so, what about the telenor sale to norway? what was that? and how about the samart sale to a malaysia company? what was that? these two transactions happened before thaksin even attempted to sell shin to singapore.

"use his position to buy land at under market value." hey. the property was put up for bid. do you know how bids work? do you know what an auction is?

"conceal money." if he concealed the money, then, how were the coup able to locate the money?

idiot. like I said... heresay. and a lot of jealousy.

thaksin went to a major international legal firm for their professional recommendation on the sale to singapore. and they gave him the ok.

So why did he flat-out lie about selling his company the day before he went to Singapore to sell it?

GO THAKSIN!

accept the facts?

So why did he flat-out lie about selling his company the day before he went to Singapore to sell it?

----------------------

He didn't lie. He forgot... :D

:D

What drugs are you taking, or not taking? If you believe that then you seriously are out in space. :o

Wouldn't it be great if his interactions with the press are like most of those hysterical nasty chicks in the Thai "soaps."

WHHHHYYYIIIEEEE!!!

:o

Pepe, your forgot the BOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNG! and TWAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!!!

Wouldn't it be great if his interactions with the press are like most of those hysterical nasty chicks in the Thai "soaps."

WHHHHYYYIIIEEEE!!!

:o

Pepe, your forgot the BOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNG! and TWAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!!!

-----------------

"I can't remember everything" - Taksin... :D

a brave man .

A brave man !! I don't think so. He wouldn't have come back in a million years if he wasn't sure the deck was already stacked in his favour.

To think he'd risk a long term in jail by coming back here is foolish thinking in my view.

I agree absolutely.

Thaksin told reporters, ``I believe in the Thai justice system, especially the court system.

He was always a coward, either he refused to speak to journalists for days, used an X sign for what he felt were inappropriate questions which were fully valid, or he escaped up North in his strong hold, running the government via teleconference to hide from Bangkok. Once a coward always a coward.

None of the previous PM's have been put in jail and none of the previous Generals involved in coups have been shot or hanged. Nothing will be different this time. Thaksin and Sonthi will walk, count on it!

Didn't you say about the same just prior to the dissolution of TRT?

PRD director general transferred

Public Relations Department's chief Pramote Rathavinit was transferred to an inactive post in the PM's Office Ministry, PM's Office Minister Jakrapob Penkair said Thursday.

Jakraob announced the transfer just hours after ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra returned home from self-exile.

Jakrapob said Pramote will oversee in the formation of Asian TV.

It was widely known that the department did not take side with Thaksin when he was ousted in a coup two years ago.

Source: The Nation - 28 February 2008

Jakaprob is so faithful to his master. :o

DSI chief replaced, now the head of Public Relations Dept. replaced, who's next?

That Mr Thaksin chose yesterday for his homecoming is unsurprising. It is peak time for him, his supporters and allies. The People Power Party won the election resoundingly two months ago, and has successfully formed a coalition government, which has just completed its policy announcement in parliament. At the same time, the PPP's post-election credibility and legitimacy have eroded quickly.

<snip>

Above all, Mr Thaksin is back to exert clout and bring pressure to bear on the judicial decisions that are pending. The upcoming legal cases from corruption and abuses of power to poll fraud will determine Mr Thaksin's political and financial fortunes and the PPP's survival in view of House Speaker Yongyuth Tiyapairat's "red card" by the Election Commission as well as Thailand's entire political future.

Link here.

Soundman.

----------------------

"There will always be those men who believe they are above the law"- Steven Segal

I forgot from which movie but you know the one I mean.

Taksin is not only above the law, he walks on water and is indeed untouchable.

Bottom line, he's just too fking rich.

However a bullet or a bomb doesn't discriminate..

God save the king.

.....housekeeping :D

however, assasination aside :D , I wish Thai people would come to their senses and realise that putting taxin in the cupboard, where he can be content growing mushrooms, is the only way for Thailand getting on from its current dilemmas, and growing for all citizens to benefit.

Soundman.

GO THAKSIN!

accept the facts?

I don't know about this event. but I do know this. ..what thaksin did - selling shin to singapore was not a precedence. in other words, he was not the first to sell a thai telecom to another country. that being the case, he shouldn't be found guilty of any crime connected to selling a thai telecom.

I have watched the newspapers on what happened when dtac was sold to telenor of norway. and nowhere have I found the thai owner of the dtac being punished for selling the thai telecom to a foreign country.

do you know who owned dtac before it was sold?

I won't tell you because I want you to do the research.