Legal Age Of Consent

robint

Some one told me that the legal age of consent for sexual relations of any kind has been raised to 20 about 6 weeks ago

Can anyone comment on whether this is true and where the source info can be found?

I thought it was still 18 for relations with a falang, and 16 for relations between thais

Has the law changed? :o

18 is the age.

Yes, I know most falang think this is the age re bargirls. However on separate occasions I asked my Thai girlfriend (who used to be a bargirl) and a male Thai friend "what age can falang boomboom ladybar and okay, no problem, police no take?"

They both replied "19".

I know an approx. 40 year old massage woman who keeps offering me her 15 year old daughter which I refuse. Does this mean that with "parental consent" it would be legal? Somehow I don't think so. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Some one told me that the legal age of consent for sexual relations of any kind has been raised to 20 about 6 weeks ago

Can anyone comment on whether this is true and where the source info can be found?

I thought it was still 18 for relations with a falang, and 16 for relations between thais

Has the law changed? :D

Why should there be a difference between farang and Thai?

Is it to allow the girls to grow that little bit bigger, to fit us falangs in? :o

Something commonly left out of this discussion is the age of MAJORITY, which is 20. Until this age, everything a Thai does is theoretically dependent on parental consent. Therefore, there is no actual completely no-legal-strings-attached sex in Thailand until a person reaches the age of 20.

"S"

18 is the age.

15 is the age for parental consent. :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Asia

How much is parental consent ? :D

50,000 baht cash and 2 baht of gold, thats how much the taxi driver i was talking to last week told me he paid in sin sot for a 15 year old from chaiya phum.

by the look of the girl in the photo, she should have been paying himrolleyes.gif

I know an approx. 40 year old massage woman who keeps offering me her 15 year old daughter which I refuse. Does this mean that with "parental consent" it would be legal? Somehow I don't think so. :o

amazing thailand. wonder if tot will feature that next ad campaign.

All of the above seems to deal with prostitution, though.

In those cases the law is 18 years old if I read correctly. However as prostitutes will come from a background where family isn't likely to cause a fuss over the act. She's a prostitute, after all.

However in cases where the girl, or boy, is just about any age but from a well do to family, the law might be the least of your concerns. For sure her family could stir a fuss, and allege all kinds of things.

I think it shouldnt matter really because you should always go for a girl 20plus, and if your not 100% then dont sleep with them. An excuse of she lied to me or I didnt know is pathetic.

My age limit is 20 to 40 and im in my mid 20's i mean why would you risk taking advantage of a little girl/boy (if you swing that way)

After drinking some of the sour mash sold here he may speak like that. The parental consent age in my house is 27, if the askee meets with my approval. Failure to observe my rules lead to unpleasant conquenses. It sounds good in theory...

:o

guys, my question was intended seriously

I think the answer that the legal age of majority is 20 fits the bill (anything under that but 15 and above requires parental consent seems also correct.

I wasnt advocating underage sex by my question btw

I understand that high class bangkok thai nightclubs insist on 20 and over for thai customers. (dont know about employees????)

Seems to me like a seriously fecked up thread this one.

I get the feeling theres some other sleazy underlying factor why somebody would present a question like this to the board. Just stick with people your own age is my advice and you won't go far wrong. Some of the replies from other posters are a bit tasteless as well. Just adds to the common stigma that all of us that live in LOS are all perverts.

I think it shouldnt matter really because you should always go for a girl 20plus, and if your not 100% then dont sleep with them. An excuse of she lied to me or I didnt know is pathetic.

My age limit is 20 to 40 and im in my mid 20's i mean why would you risk taking advantage of a little girl/boy (if you swing that way)

Generally I would say this is good practice, but from what I understand lot of the birds use older mates IDs or fake ones. (food for thought for some of you lads)

I understand that high class bangkok thai nightclubs insist on 20 and over for thai customers. (dont know about employees????)

high class is questionable :D , and if you slip the door men a few bht they could care less how old the bird is. So that should give you inclination on how easy it is to buck the system. :o

Edited by britmaveric