Advice On Spa

as a birthday present i was thinking of offering a spa trearment to my visiting sister in law,

i looked at some websites and they all look quite expensive, which isnt a problem but i wonder if they are the usual tourist trap..

any advice on a spa which is really worth the price??

as a birthday present i was thinking of offering a spa trearment to my visiting sister in law,

i looked at some websites and they all look quite expensive, which isnt a problem but i wonder if they are the usual tourist trap..

THE SPA at Lamai

and wonderful food.

As someone said, the Spa in Lamai (near the Buddy bar), they also have one in the Lamai hills. I've never actually been to one, but here in Samui there are as many spas as there are 7-eleven/Family marts. Enjoy......... :o

As someone said, the Spa in Lamai (near the Buddy bar), they also have one in the Lamai hills. I've never actually been to one, but here in Samui there are as many spas as there are 7-eleven/Family marts. Enjoy......... :o

I have to disagree. The SPA is horrible and a rip-off. I thought the staff there were very rude (obviously I had a bad experience and will never return). Since my wife and I's bad experience at the SPA I have heard two seperate accounts of people getting very sick while on the SPA's detox program...both ended up in the hospital!...for those that live here, no surprise. Places like that have absolutely no regulation or supervision from anything even resembling health authorities or doctors. But for the SPA's victims?...the holiday makers? :D

I went to Eranda Spa in Northern Chaweng twice and both times it was (to me) good value for money. The only thing is that you have to clime up and down a lot of stairs because it is situated on a hillside. For some people that may be a problem but when you have a normal healthy condition it is OK.

Depends what you are looking for.....

If herbal steam, massage, facials etc then Eranda and Tamarind Springs were good value last time I was there (admittedly more than a year ago). Heard good things about the spa at Bophut Resort and Spa from visiting friends but a bit pricy for me.

If on the other hand you are looking for a detox, yoga, meditation type of spa my sister spent a few days at Health Oasis in Bang Po and really enjoyed it.

As already said there are an abundance of choices here :o

Disagree about the spa beach and village. Been there 5 times over the years for a fast/detox programme, neither my wife nor I have had a problem. The staff were always fantastic and when you do come off the fast the food is fantastic and all is reasonably priced.

I love it and would recommend it to anyone.