Clean Pattaya! Wash Your Car

yuyi

A beautiful lake!

But a drinking water reservoir - who needs that?

Pattaya needs clean cars and motorbikes!

Join the Thailand loving Thais which go ahead with their cars standing up to the engine in the lake, and getting cleaned from top to bottom (all of them, cars, motorbikes, and the people). Smiling happy people with clean cars, while their friends catch some oilfish nearby! :o

4 times out of 4 when I did go by there in the last weeks, there had been at least one motorbike in the water, and on sunday even 3 cars and 3 motorbikes.

Asked, if they think that the oil and gasoline would be appropriate in a drinking water reservoir, you can see the smiling happy faces showing no irritation: "but everybody does it!". :D

So is your car dirty? If you want to join them, you cannot see them from the road around the lake. You have to enter the small road through the northern gate, leading to the road on the dam, where all the fishermen are, Thais and farang. You find the cleaning place near the southern gate, in the afternoons.

Nobody drinks it?

If that water is the water coming out of the tab in Pattaya and around, then:

if people = farang, no, probably nobody drinks it.

if people = Thai, oh yes, they drink it, use it for cooking, make ice from it, feed it their babies :o and serve it to the farangs in the restaurants as nam plao. Seen it all!

Asked about if they think the water quality is OK fro drinking, you get the same answer as from the people washing their cars in the lake: "but everybody does it!".

Shiny happy people! :D

That's not really the point.

The point is that Maprachan is the reservoir providing tap water to Pattaya and just because some people are to ignorant to understand why doesn't make it right for them to abuse it that way.

But I'm not surprised. Not at all. One day soon they will suffocate in their own trash.

Tuki, you got one of the biggest reservoirs of the area in your backyard!!!

Called Bang Phra reservoir, right between the Motorway and Sukhumvit...

It feeds Sri Racha town, and mainly Laem Chabang harbour and the Industrial estates in the area...

Hmm thanks Monty,

however the water doesn't find it's way to us. Well that's not entirely true as there is always a trickle flowing into our tank but it would be no more than a litre and hour. We get water trucked in once a week.

I was told that SriRacha itself has purchased some land in the foothills and were going to build their own dam for Sriracha's own use.

I can understand places like Sriracha Place and Robinsons etc will be connected to the mains supply a bit better than we are as we are a little out of town on Soi Assumption in a moo baan (on your map we would be right in the middle of the Bang Phra reservoir :o ), anyway heres hoping it happens one day!

Thanks for the info though mate.

BTW, I see light aircraft flying above my house all the time (ultralite, they look like big kites with motors), obviously from the Thai Flying Club. Anyone have any info? I would love to be up there with them.

There's two airfields close to you Tuky, one is the Thaiflying club and the other Chonburi flying club (formerly CMT as shown on the little map)

If you want to go along for a ride on an ultralight CMT is the place to be, for a bit bigger stuff such as Cessna's etc. Thai Flying Club is where you go...

Both places have a comfortable bar/restaurant with a lot to see on weekends. On the CMT strip is also a lot of radio controlled models action...

On the CMT strip is also a lot of radio controlled models action...
Radio controll was banned at cmt last year because they flew with the ultralights toghether. Finally somebody had the good sense to seperate them.

Although it's one fine strip for modell airplanes :o

You can go in pattaya near the elephant park or at the pattaya flying club.

BTW, I see light aircraft flying above my house all the time (ultralite, they look like big kites with motors), obviously from the Thai Flying Club. Anyone have any info? I would love to be up there with them.

They are from cmt. you can take lessons or just a single trip , lessons are much cheaper then back home.

Have seen Thais washing motorcycles,pickups and amazingly even large buses in streams all over the country as I travelled round.

On Koh Lanta after the roads turned to mush after heavy rain I stopped and washed my Suzuki 4wd off in a ford it was very convienent and did an excellent job.