Where To Buy Electric Razor Pre-shave

Valjean

OK this is I'll admit a world shaking and provocative post. I assure you I am not a troll! :o

I use an electric razor and like to splash on some pre-shave lotion before shaving. It’s very hard to find here. In the US Electrashave would be one brand. Boot’s used to have this with the Botonics brand but that item has been discontinued. I found some in Singapore at a high end cosmetics counter – and it was about US$20 as I recall. In the use it’s a couple bucks. I guess I could do the same and head to Central but that’s a lot of money for just some pre-shave lubricant – and even if I pay who sells this? (I do use Clinque men’s aftershave and creams – they are expensive but I think worth the money for my skin)

Later this month I go to the US and I see this might be one thing I get a years supply of. But meanwhile I’m almost out. Any recommendations?

Thanks for the help

Try using talcum powder instead, even makes your shaver easier to clean and gives you a close shave without skin burn.

I agree talcum or baby powder works very well, leaves you smelling good and razor not so gummed up.

There is a liquid electric pre-shave Japanese brand available here. I don't remember the name but it comes in a blue bottle. I've bought it at a couple of different places. I know that the Tokyu department store in MBK had it in its 4th floor supermarket area. I also have gotten it at Big C on Rajadamri and at a Tops supermarket. It seems to be mostly alcohol. It works ok as long as it isn't too humid.

Thanks for the tip on Tokyo I'll check that out.

And this morning I tried the talcum and I was quite surprised how well that works! I never knew that. I took a little extra and smeared it all over my face and I was ready to go to work just like the school kids :-)

Thanks all for the help.

• 2 weeks later...
OK this is I'll admit a world shaking and provocative post. I assure you I am not a troll! :o

I use an electric razor and like to splash on some pre-shave lotion before shaving. It's very hard to find here. In the US Electrashave would be one brand. Boot's used to have this with the Botonics brand but that item has been discontinued. I found some in Singapore at a high end cosmetics counter – and it was about US$20 as I recall. In the use it's a couple bucks. I guess I could do the same and head to Central but that's a lot of money for just some pre-shave lubricant – and even if I pay who sells this? (I do use Clinque men's aftershave and creams – they are expensive but I think worth the money for my skin)

Later this month I go to the US and I see this might be one thing I get a years supply of. But meanwhile I'm almost out. Any recommendations?

Thanks for the help

This has nothing to do with your problem, but it DOES have to do with electric shavers. I have a Braun shaver and I need to buy replacement foil blade. Where in Bangkok can I go to get the part? And is the store open on Saturday?

This has nothing to do with your problem, but it DOES have to do with electric shavers. I have a Braun shaver and I need to buy replacement foil blade. Where in Bangkok can I go to get the part? And is the store open on Saturday?

I think you can get this at Central. They carry the razor cleaner for the Braun razors.

Which while I'm thinking of it the cleaner refills for the Braun electric shavers is very expensive. Talk about the razor and razorblades business strategy... I search on the Internet from time to time and see what a homemade cleaner would be. Can't find it. Anyone got ideas on that one?

I think you can get this at Central. They carry the razor cleaner for the Braun razors.

Which while I'm thinking of it the cleaner refills for the Braun electric shavers is very expensive. Talk about the razor and razorblades business strategy... I search on the Internet from time to time and see what a homemade cleaner would be. Can't find it. Anyone got ideas on that one?

I use a Remington Electric Razor and have had it for over 4 years, I keep in in good clean working condition by using Baby powder as a pre-shave lube in my face, emptying it weekly and a quick shot of wd40 on all 3 heads to clean and lubricate the razor. Works great.

• 2 months later...

Which while I'm thinking of it the cleaner refills for the Braun electric shavers is very expensive. Talk about the razor and razorblades business strategy... I search on the Internet from time to time and see what a homemade cleaner would be. Can't find it. Anyone got ideas on that

I just use rubbing alcohol(about 25 Baht/bottle) to top up the Braun cleaning cartridge when it gets low it seems to work OK and the colours are almost the same