Immigration Office

Thaihog

Does anybody know if the Immigration office is open on a Saturday?

I THINK it's open until 11.30am. Maybe too late to help you, sorry.

My houekeeper went there on Sat to do some business for me. When she returned she said, 'sorry, not open'...

I was surprised because recently they were open.

Edited by Ajarn

Perhaps part of some cost-savings; look at the closing of the left-hand side building at (Airport) Main CM Imm, and the closing of the other facility (out on Superhighway).

Hey, if they're streamlining their operation; improving efficiencies....all power to them.

Perhaps part of some cost-savings; look at the closing of the left-hand side building at (Airport) Main CM Imm, and the closing of the other facility (out on Superhighway).

Hey, if they're streamlining their operation; improving efficiencies....all power to them.

Maybe they've considered how they can best accommodate their best taxpayers without breaking their budgets? Now they've got Danish newspapers, so I can enjoy myself with (at most) week-old news from home, when they have to bother me by requesting my presence. That, apparently, wasn't affordable before. Very much appreciated - Chiang Mai's immigration office is the best immigration office in the world. Period.

Sure, but why not take a weekday morning/afternoon off and remain open on Saturday a.m. ? For many people the weekend is the only time they can go without taking time off work.

I visited the Immigration Office this morning, Saturday, March 22nd, fully ready, thanks to the information on this topic, to find it closed, but hoping it would not be. I arrived shortly before 8:30, just in time to learn from a woman who works there (and who apparently just happened to be passing by) that the Immigration Office was not open today and does not in fact open on Saturdays at all.

I was at the Immigration Office yesterday and I have to say that the Chiang Mai Immigration Office has to be the friendliest and most comfortable Immigration Office anywhere in Thailand. I really hope that it does not close like some of the rumors out there purport it to.