Work Permit Again

I went for an interview to a thai company. They have told regarding the salary, that they offer 5.000 Baht plus the comission.I wonder how can they make the papers for the work permit, cause I know they have to pay 50,000 Baht.Any idea?Thanks

I went for an interview to a thai company. They have told regarding the salary, that they offer 5.000 Baht plus the comission.I wonder how can they make the papers for the work permit, cause I know they have to pay 50,000 Baht.Any idea?Thanks

While there might be a minimum for the job, there is no minimum of 50k for a work permit. The 50k for Europeans is to qualify for the annual extension of stay.

Thank you! But they have told me they will make the papers for one year.So?

Papers could be for a one year contract. Doesn't mean they are getting you a extension of stay permit. A work permit can be given even with no salary. I have an intern who gets 6,000 Baht per month and has a work permit. We have helped 100"s get a work permit and they only get around 10K per month. 50K salary requirement is only for some nationalities and only for extension of stay permits with Immigration.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Papers could be for a one year contract. Doesn't mean they are getting you a extension of stay permit. A work permit can be given even with no salary. I have an intern who gets 6,000 Baht per month and has a work permit. We have helped 100"s get a work permit and they only get around 10K per month. 50K salary requirement is only for some nationalities and only for extension of stay permits with Immigration.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Thank you for your useful answer. The term stay permit is the same with non imigrant visa? Because they have told me to travel to Singapore to get this type of visa and then the work permit.It means that I have to go each 90 days to renew it?

Thank you for your useful answer. The term stay permit is the same with non imigrant visa? Because they have told me to travel to Singapore to get this type of visa and then the work permit.It means that I have to go each 90 days to renew it?

Extension of stay permit is given only inside Thailand at Immigration. In most cases a visa is granted at a Thai Embassy or Consulate. What they are asking you to get is a non immigrant visa at the Thai Embassy. The non immigrant visa then can be extended at Immigration if you meet the criteria. If you don't meet all the qualifications, you will need to revalidate your work permit every 90 days by showing your new visa.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

didn't want to open another thread regarding this..........my friend was refused to provide wp3 letter from the labor ministry stating he doesn't have work experience.......

do they required 1 year work experience to obtain wp? ..........is it a new rule?

didn't happen in my case coz i got new wp in january...

didn't want to open another thread regarding this..........my friend was refused to provide wp3 letter from the labor ministry stating he doesn't have work experience.......

do they required 1 year work experience to obtain wp? ..........is it a new rule?

Since Feb 22nd, everything to do with the Labor Deot is more strict. A new sheriff is in town.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Since Feb 22nd, everything to do with the Labor Deot is more strict. A new sheriff is in town.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

so that means it could be true?..........jesus!! what else is "new" here.............they are getting more strick.......then how the new graduate from international university will work here?

<br />
<br /><br />Papers could be for a one year contract. Doesn't mean they are getting you a extension of stay permit. A work permit can be given even with no salary. I have an intern who gets 6,000 Baht per month and has a work permit. We have helped 100"s get a work permit and they only get around 10K per month. 50K salary requirement is only for some nationalities and only for extension of stay permits with Immigration.<br /><br />www.sunbeltasiagroup.com<br />
<br /><br /><br />

is the salary of 6k bath or 10k bath legal or do you need to do a trick to the labour so they accept that?

<br />
<br /><br />Papers could be for a one year contract. Doesn't mean they are getting you a extension of stay permit. A work permit can be given even with no salary. I have an intern who gets 6,000 Baht per month and has a work permit. We have helped 100"s get a work permit and they only get around 10K per month. 50K salary requirement is only for some nationalities and only for extension of stay permits with Immigration.<br /><br />www.sunbeltasiagroup.com<br />
<br /><br /><br />

is the salary of 6k bath or 10k bath legal or do you need to do a trick to the labour so they accept that?

No trick. This correct salary is put on the application. The officer at their discretion can state the applicant in order to get a work permit will need a higher salary or approve it. If they are in a trainee position or a non executive role, in most cases it is ok. Where people run into problems, they get a salary of 15K, put 30K or 50K or whatever on the application and then have to pay tax on the PND 90 at the year end. If you put a salary of 100K per month, you must show the tax was paid, to get the work permit renewed.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

thank you for your information.

i still have another question , when you apply by yourself (i got a two million company company) do you have to show the organization chart with four thai employees(i don't have and no plan to have) or is it only required when you want to hire a foreigner without raising up your capital to four millions bath?

i still have another question , when you apply by yourself (i got a two million company company) do you have to show the organization chart with four thai employees(i don't have and no plan to have) or is it only required when you want to hire a foreigner without raising up your capital to four millions bath?

Since Feb 22nd, in Bangkok it is required for even one single foreigner ( the owner) to have 4 Thai employees to get a work permit. If you are a start up, in some cases you can explain why you don't have 4 Thai employees but you must have them in a couple months.( proof is the social fund payment)

One exception is if you are married to a Thai, then 2 Thai employees can be ok for the work permit.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Since Feb 22nd, in Bangkok it is required for even one single foreigner ( the owner) to have 4 Thai employees to get a work permit. If you are a start up, in some cases you can explain why you don't have 4 Thai employees but you must have them in a couple months.( proof is the social fund payment)

One exception is if you are married to a Thai, then 2 Thai employees can be ok for the work permit.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Are there any minimum payments which you must make to the 4 Thai employees every month ?

e.g. minimum salary, insurance, health cover , holiday pay etc ?

Are there any minimum payments which you must make to the 4 Thai employees every month ?

In Bangkok, they must get at least 5,250 Baht per month. 5 % of the salary (maximum withholding of 750 Baht) must be taken out from the employee check every pay period. You as a employer must match those funds and submit it to the Social Fund Dept. As an example, one Thai employee would give 550 Baht if their salary was 5,500 Baht. They gave 275 Baht and you gave 275 Baht.

They must get one week paid Holiday after one year.

By the way they are going out to the employer’s location to make sure these are not ghost employees.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

In Bangkok, they must get at least 5,250 Baht per month. 5 % of the salary (maximum withholding of 750 Baht) must be taken out from the employee check every pay period. You as a employer must match those funds and submit it to the Social Fund Dept. As an example, one Thai employee would give 550 Baht if their salary was 5,500 Baht. They gave 275 Baht and you gave 275 Baht.

They must get one week paid Holiday after one year.

By the way they are going out to the employer’s location to make sure these are not ghost employees.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

So that is 21,000 baht plus 50,000 baht for the expat, 20,000 for the work permit. 70,000 per month even before

any other overheads such as rent etc. It is a " pressure " which a start up business can well do without i would

have thought

sorry,

i have one last question :

today i went to the labour office in samui.

BUT i had a trouble with the organization chart that i didn't prepare by lack of knowledge, as i don't have any employees, i'm alone with my shareholders how should it look to be sure it's accepted??

Hi,

Interesting posts here, but mostly bad news for SME (opstarts) with the 'new' rule or 'old' rule now enforced in bkk that org chart & social contributions now have to be shown for 4 thai employees (or 2 if married I suppose the wife would count as number 1). Of course if one had a need for staff then no worries, but as one man company there really is no need for 4 staff for sure - accounting, secretary etc really all can be done by 1 person!

Then wow about Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan or other BKK adjecent provinces? No staff can still approve WP as such addresses?

Then as usual (by Sunbelt) I also noted that in the first months as startup it could be explained why no staff was hired yet, but hey there must be numerous of company types where foreigners can contribute to thai economy without having to hire low cost that staff - any known workarounds? And labour dept. can't really expect all (3) staff to always be present should they choose to stop by for a visit - consultant out at client site, business man visiting customers, out traveling, part time staff, vacation, extended lunch whatever - anyone had problems by not able to line up staff when paid a visit? Are they really so keen to visit each office with aliens say once a year?

Another thing the requirement for photos of a 'sign' outside the company premises - is that really needed???

Lastly I'm still confused with this WP stamps such as validity & how it depends on Non IMM visa or extension of stay entry stamp?

Say my current entry stamp (and visa) is due to expire in less than 1 month would that be a good time to apply WP or would it perhaps be more beneficial to get 1 year visa extension first (based on marriage & income from abroad)?

Edited by worldfun