Chanthaburi

Thetyim

• 2 months later...

M K hotel. 300 a night. very clean. en suite. lift. 5 minutes from the bus and train station. It's on the road where the war cemetries are. About 300m nearer town.

10 minutes walk to the entertaiment venues. Also has a restaurant serving farang food, and there are many more closeby.

I've stayed there twice, and hope to be staying there again very soon. I paid 400 baht for an all day trip to falls for swimming, a meal, the museum and hellfire pass, hot water springs for a dip, finishing up with a train trip back over the famous bridge, then bus to your hotel.

Great value. Good luck

He said Chanthaburi Simbo, not Kanchanaburi!!! Too much Chang!!???

Tha Mai is a nice beach not too far out of town. Expect to pay 100B e/w in a Mazda from Chanthaburi but have a haggle. Laem Sing is also nice but the water can be a bit murky in the wet season.

The River Guesthouse in Chanthaburi town is a cracking place to stay.

350B gets you a river view room with a/c and balcony. 250B will get you a back room with tv, fan etc. The rooms are spotless!

The terrace serves good food and fair priced beer.

I am going to Chanthaburi later this month.

Can anyone recommend  somewhere on the beach,  internet search has  given me nothing.

I want somewhere clean and comfortable, I do not want loads of facilities .

Where did you search on the internet? Google has 82,600 references to Chanthaburi.

http://www.google.co.th/search?hl=en&q=Cha...le+Search&meta=

Sorry. I meant to say something like that before but was a bit pushed for time. The beach is great and the water is very clear. There are also a number of interesting places to visit in the immediate area.

You can buy fish and squid right from the fisherman on the beach too. We'll be going back some time this year..