Terrorist In Asia

Lioneric

KUALA LUMPUR: Investigations into an incident where a Malaysia Airlines Airbus A330 flight to Bangkok had some of its electrical wires tampered with will focus on the possibility of an inside job.

Transport Minister Datuk Seri Chan Kong Choy said this when commenting on a report that said the aircraft had to be grounded on Tuesday after the discovery.

He pledged that “no stones will be left unturned” in the investigations.

This was the third MAS aircraft to be grounded at the KL International Airport after similar discoveries were made by maintenance workers.

Makes me wonder what security surrounds Thai Inter aircraft, whilst at Don Muang Airport.

Security within the passenger areas, at Don Muang, is a complete joke. (Menaing the check of carry-on luggage, final passport check at the departure gate, etc. Compared to the procedures etc at Changi, the Bkk check is a total waste of time. Even Karachi, Dhaka, Ho Chi Mien airports are better than Bkk. )

Have you ever got off a plane at Heathrow? I am surprised noone bombed it yet.

BTW, I went BKK-Manila and back with Kuwait Air, enhanced security, wouldn't let you take a lighter onboard, two extra sec.checks, and another random one. Guess what? - I sliced the food packaging on board with my razorsharp 4" penknife on both journeys.

I mean, the security guys are just causing delays and don't find what they are supposed to. Complete waste of time, just invading people's privacy with no purpose.

I was on a security detail at Alice Springs airport a few years ago as it is close to Pine Gap. They had been told "terrorists" were going to sabotage the US installation. We were on 'night patrol" and found an drunken aborignal fella in a 737 that had been hangered. The man had been there for quite a while by all accounts and when we "interviewed" the security guy, he said he had been going to a girls house every night and had left the airport unattended for 4 hours each night. It was a very funny but serious situation.

Security at airports should be done by the military as the ones they employ are not on the ball - then again for 10 bucks an hour, what do they expect.

I have a friend who used to work for the group that is now in charge of a lot of the US airport security. He used to work for them at Staten island in New York. He says that they are, by far, the worst people he has ever worked for - actually some of the worst people he has ever met. Not just in competence, but also in terms of morality. Last I heard there was an investigation, but I dunno if anything ever came of it...