Race , Torque And Speed Getting Low

sunny747

i have just had my service done worth of 17000 baht from the mitsubishi service center in srinakarin. But ever since, i'm feeling my car is not as smooth as it should be. The mitsubishi guy said i have some problem with the lpg system and i should check it at the lpg center. But i didn't feel the problem before i gave to mitsubishi service center.

The engine is backfiring. When i accelarate, it pushes hard and shakes forward. But after i drive for 5 km, car gets smooth. But on neutral, sometimes the engine shuts off automatically. Even when reversing , the start goes off. Whenever i try to change from lpg to oil, it never starts. Even if it starts, i see lot of white smoke coming out from the exhaust , but the smoke doesn't appear while on LPG.

while driving, i hear lot of "ssssss" sound. Sounds like gas is passing even though i don't get any smell. I dont' see any leak as well. Gauge meter indicates gas is not leaking. Just i feel engine is having hard time getting the gas. i don't know....

The race, torque and speed is quite low now. I changed a new set of timing belt, new brake pad and many other things has been changed.

what should i do now? i feel i'm being cheated.......

Sounds like one of your vacuum lines(hoses) has come off somewhere. Open the bonnet(cold engine, or you will get some nasty burns) and try to search for any loose hoses.

Typically smaller lines like 1/4", but there are a few larger ones as well like the brake servo assist vacuum line. Pay special attention to the intake manifold and the hoses connected to it.

If you can`t find anything, start the engine and listen for that "hiss" you mentioned.

Good luck!

Sounds like one of your vacuum lines(hoses) has come off somewhere. Open the bonnet(cold engine, or you will get some nasty burns) and try to search for any loose hoses.

Typically smaller lines like 1/4", but there are a few larger ones as well like the brake servo assist vacuum line. Pay special attention to the intake manifold and the hoses connected to it.

If you can`t find anything, start the engine and listen for that "hiss" you mentioned.

Good luck!

The hiss sound i get only when i drive........feeling helpless here. i hate car and computer problems..:o..

Sunny747, Jalla's advice is good. If the technicians were in there doing a major service

replacing a timing belt or whatever, there is a good chance they perhaps did not re-connect

everything properly. I.E. the vacuum hose suggestion. The engine will create vacuum whether

you are driving down the road or parked listening to it's noises. It is not black-magic but a

process of elimination. Pick the most likely thing and check that. Cross things off the list and

eventually you will find the cause. you just have the added complexity of an lpg system. :o