Al Jazeera English News Network

zaphodbeeblebrox

The Iraqis would purposely put weapons near schools and hospitals in the hopes that the school would be hit just to create a PR nightmare for the US.

signed:

Bill OReilly

FAUX News

That was a good one indeed Mr. Naam :o

haram aleik ya bint!

If I would meet you in real, I will embrace you with a big hug for reminding of what my father used to at shout me when I used to be a very naughty gal.

Edited by zaza

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Making a mistake on a target in the time of war is not a crime. If you think that the US purposely targeted a shelter because they wanted to kill a bunch of civilians you are truly delusional. If the US wanted to kill civilians, it would be much easier to do than that. The Iraqis would purposely put weapons near schools and hospitals in the hopes that the school would be hit just to create a PR nightmare for the US.

Abu Ghraib, sure they should not have done that, but it was not really that bad. Not like the previous landlords were doing. You make it sound like they were hooking up electrodes to the genitals of the prisoners and electrocuting them. Or burning them with blow torches or something like that.

I still do not believe that they should have ever invaded and it was a huge mistake. I wish Bush would have been impeached for it. But you cannot convince me that the US attacks civilians without any military value on purpose.

Don't you think there were and yet still many(hundreds) of "mistakes" that been committed????

Abu Ghraib, sure they should not have done that, but it was not really that bad. Not like the previous landlords were doing.

:o Funny and offending logic you are using there by comparing which "hel_l" is worse and which torture techniques are more "human-rights" friendly? and by using your own criteria : how would you react if the ""terrorist"" did these same savage brutal crimes to your own people? Mind you; sexual abuse is regarded one of the most demeaning and degrading crimes against humanity due to it's sever impact on those victims.

What about Abeer the 13 years old girl who were raped repeatedly by (platoon-gang) pre-organized crime ,then they had set the fire to burn her body and with all her family(parents and their other younger 2 kids) afterwards to cover any evidence. and what about Haditha attack? and what about Layla Al-attar attack? and what about the hundreds of houses filled with children and women that are being air-bombed for suspecting 'em as terrorist's spots and the day after a US general goes on screen and apologizes for it as a mistake?

I can list down 100 stories of "un-intentional" mistakes of bombings,shootings,invasions,sanctions ,wrong policies from ignorant chicken-hawks politicians that they were so coward to serve their time in the army but they are brave enough to send others' sons to die in places that they even can not pronounce their names.

My sad and deep grief for all the lost beloved ones that were killed in Iraq whether they were Iraqis or Americans; and hope the good people who are yet suffering to survive their manage to stay alive.

Edited by zaza

I guess the question is whether or not a small amount of personal privacy is worth giving up in order to seek out any benefits that could occur.

That would be fine if it were your own personal privacy that you were giving up, but it's not. You are talking about the privacy of the poor unlucky blighters in front of the camera that get no say in the matter.

My opinion is neither one or the other, I just like to look at all the perspectives and sometimes it's annoying to me when other people can't do that, although I suppose everyone has certain subjects they feel very strongly about :o

We all have things that annoy us. For me it's being told i'm too inexperienced to even merit actually having an opinion, by someone who won't himself declare just why it is that he is speaking with so much more authority than anyone else.

Making a mistake on a target in the time of war is not a crime. If you think that the US purposely targeted a shelter because they wanted to kill a bunch of civilians you are truly delusional. If the US wanted to kill civilians, it would be much easier to do than that. The Iraqis would purposely put weapons near schools and hospitals in the hopes that the school would be hit just to create a PR nightmare for the US.

Abu Ghraib, sure they should not have done that, but it was not really that bad. Not like the previous landlords were doing. You make it sound like they were hooking up electrodes to the genitals of the prisoners and electrocuting them. Or burning them with blow torches or something like that.

I still do not believe that they should have ever invaded and it was a huge mistake. I wish Bush would have been impeached for it. But you cannot convince me that the US attacks civilians without any military value on purpose.

Don't you think there were and yet still many(hundreds) of "mistakes" that been committed????

Abu Ghraib, sure they should not have done that, but it was not really that bad. Not like the previous landlords were doing.

:D Funny and offending logic you are using there by comparing which "hel_l" is worse and which torture techniques are more "human-rights" friendly? and by using your own criteria : how would you react if the ""terrorist"" did these same savage brutal crimes to your own people? Mind you; sexual abuse is regarded one of the most demeaning and degrading crimes against humanity due to it's sever impact on those victims.

What about Abeer the 13 years old girl who were raped repeatedly by (platoon-gang) pre-organized crime ,then they had set the fire to burn her body and with all her family(parents and their other younger 2 kids) afterwards to cover any evidence. and what about Haditha attack? and what about Layla Al-attar attack? and what about the hundreds of houses filled with children and women that are being air-bombed for suspecting 'em as terrorist's spots and the day after a US general goes on screen and apologizes for it as a mistake?

I can list down 100 stories of "un-intentional" mistakes of bombings,shootings,invasions,sanctions ,wrong policies from ignorant chicken-hawks politicians that they were so coward to serve their time in the army but they are brave enough to send others' sons to die in places that they even can not pronounce their names.

My sad and deep grief for all the lost beloved ones that were killed in Iraq whether they were Iraqis or Americans; and hope the good people who are yet suffering to survive their manage to stay alive.

Why you are shouting so loud? We (americans) are never wrong.

We killed indians, because it was our right.

We killed innocent people in vietnam, it was our right.

We killed more innocent peopl in Korea, Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan, as it was our right to do so.

In order to save innocent american we will kill all these insects around the world. It is our right.

We never attacked civilians. All those who were killed were actually elite military commandos disguised as civilians.

Dont you know that? Americans have never killed any innocent. We are here to uphold the truth in the world

P.S. Americans here refer to US military and not the common citizen of USA. :o

That would be fine if it were your own personal privacy that you were giving up, but it's not. You are talking about the privacy of the poor unlucky blighters in front of the camera that get no say in the matter.

We all have things that annoy us. For me it's being told i'm too inexperienced to even merit actually having an opinion, by someone who won't himself declare just why it is that he is speaking with so much more authority than anyone else.

You fail to view the matter from any other points of view. I am simply pointing out some other perspectives.

The Iraqis would purposely put weapons near schools and hospitals in the hopes that the school would be hit just to create a PR nightmare for the US.

signed:

Bill OReilly

FAUX News

That was a good one indeed Mr. Naam :D

haram aleik ya bint!

If I would meet you in real, I will embrace you with a big hug for reminding of what my father used to at shout me when I used to be a very naughty gal.

a year or so ago you mentioned your heritage Zaza but i was not sure whether you speak the language :o

Edited by Naam

:D Funny and offending logic you are using there by comparing which "hel_l" is worse and which torture techniques are more "human-rights" friendly? and by using your own criteria : how would you react if the ""terrorist"" did these same savage brutal crimes to your own people? Mind you; sexual abuse is regarded one of the most demeaning and degrading crimes against humanity due to it's sever impact on those victims.

We killed more innocent peopl in Korea, Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan, as it was our right to do so.

In order to save innocent american we will kill all these insects around the world. It is our right.

We never attacked civilians. All those who were killed were actually elite military commandos disguised as civilians.

Dont you know that? Americans have never killed any innocent. We are here to uphold the truth in the world

Aye Aye; Sir :D

haram aleik ya bint!

a year or so ago you mentioned your heritage Zaza but i was not sure whether you speak the language :D

Ayyouni anta ya baba! :D

I was quite thrilled and excited when I'd realized the surprising line you had wrote ,in a way I was unable to notice the terrible grammar mistakes I made by replying with English language! :D:o

Edited by zaza

You fail to view the matter from any other points of view. I am simply pointing out some other perspectives.

I didn't fail to view the matter from any other points of view, i failed to fall into line and agree with your point of view. You were the one who threatened to leave the debate because apparently it wasn't worth your time to listen to the views of another who lacked all of the worldy insight you possess (a hollow threat that turned out to be). And you have still yet to substaniate just exactly why it is you have such a superior understanding of this issue. I wait with anticipation (but no expectation) for your answer.

You forgot to add to your list that we killed innocent German people because it was our right.

And we killed innocent Japanese people because it was our right.

I guess the US should have never fought in Europe during WWII. It was none of our business. It was a war in Europe and we should not have gone there and helped out the Allied Powers in Europe.

And yes, America is wrong a lot. Iraq as a case in point.

Exactly coffee boy, if people support these various policies, actions, and events then they should be mature enough to see the impact they have on the people they effect. To scurry away and make excuses of the gruesomeness of it seems rather ignorant to me. I guess most people don't liked to be disturbed while sat on there nice soft sofa in their big house in suburbia somewhere.

"Coffee Boy" :o:D ....are you a patronising person "madjbs" ...just to add my 2 pennyworth, I feel that some censoring is required......blood and gore onthe screen are not really the point are they. Knowing someone died should be enough plus I immagine the idea behind the censoring is so younger family memebers do not get distressed.

woohoo, we now have a blame America Thread. What's TV without someone with no personal experience, lambasting the yanks and making tiotally inaccurate statements. Yup, lots of innocent folks killed in Korea when the Chinese invaded. Considering it was a UN action, who cares, blame the USA for Uncle Mao's thirst for conquest. Let's just piss on the sacrifices other countries made to keep Korea free. You know what I find funny, is that everyone loves to heap abuse on the states including Al Jaz, but which country was contributing the most subsequent to the Pakistan earthquake? This contribution was poorly covered by the arab media because it didn't play to the stereotype of the ugly american. When there was an HIV program launched in the middle east and Israel was providing the medical facilities along with several west Bank and Jordanian physicians, know how they labeled the project? Israeli medical experiments to be conducted by collaborator doctors. I recall sitting at one HIV conference listening to several tales of sadness from some of the arab kids who had to seek refugee status in Israel and the EU to get treatment and or live their alternative lifestyles. No one from Al jaz was at the conference, although there were media reps from every other region including China. Cripes, there was even FOX news. Al Jaz gives its own slanted views which usually emphasizes blaming 3rd parties for the problems the locals cause themselves.

I didn't fail to view the matter from any other points of view, i failed to fall into line and agree with your point of view. You were the one who threatened to leave the debate because apparently it wasn't worth your time to listen to the views of another who lacked all of the worldy insight you possess (a hollow threat that turned out to be).

Please read my posts again, I said my personal view was neither one or the other as I can see the merits in all the perspectives mentioned. What I took you up on was the fact that you can't acknowledge any other point of view other than your own. You think because you don't believe it's acceptable you think the same rules should apply to everyone else. Everywhere has their own different situations and what may be acceptable to you could be completely different somewhere else, which leads me to believe you are very narrow minded and stuck to your own set of cultural rules. Not surprising really as many foreigners in Thailand appear to be like this.

And you have still yet to substaniate just exactly why it is you have such a superior understanding of this issue. I wait with anticipation (but no expectation) for your answer.

My mind is not set to a strict set of rules, where anything out of the norm you immediately view as inferior and wrong, that is why I am able to look at all the perspectives and see good points in BOTH, unlike you.

Get it yet?

Edited by madjbs

I first watched Al jazeera in Saudi during the 9/11 attacks. I could not believe the coverage I was seeing. I can not speak Arabic, but that wasn’t needed to get the idea of their particular slant on the event. The imagery together with the triumphant music conveyed their take on things. This together with the mad mullahs I used often to see ranting on that channel and being interviewed were enough for me to form a very negative opinion of the whole enterprise. Regardless of who is presenting the program and how good it is I will get my news elsewhere

you UNhonourable Sir are a f@cking liar! (or perhaps just some poor biased ignoramus?) :D al-Jazeera TV broadcasting did not exist in 2001.

come on moderators... what about a ban or at least "holidays" for me because i dared to call a f@cking liar a "f@cking liar"?

That was extreme wasn't it! :o

Even if I had been wrong it could easily have been a genuine mistake. I could have been watching a different channel. As it is I wasn't wrong. The next time you decide to be so vociferous in your attack be sure you are 100%.

Anyway this is only a forum and I guess such outbursts and disagreements make it all the more entertaining. :D

i apologised and i am still sorry and embarrassed :o

Yesterday, 2008-04-18 21:22:00 Post #85

QUOTE (madjbs @ 2008-04-18 20:55:59)

I think Naam may have been referring to the English version?

no i was referring to the arabic version. and i was wrong! because i overlooked

quote: "I first watched Al jazeera in Saudi"

al-Jazeera TV arabic version could indeed be watched in Saudi Arabia in 2001. that's why i sincerely apologise having insulted the OP in this respect

Please read my posts again

Really, must I?

I said my personal view was neither one or the other as I can see the merits in all the perspectives mentioned.

This is indeed one of your latest quotes, but it seems to fly in the face of all the sentiments expressed in your prior posts. That being that unedited news footage as shown by the likes of Al Jazeera was good, and censored sensitive footage most generally shown by Western news networks was bad. I've yet to hear you mention any of the merits of censoring.

What I took you up on was the fact that you can't acknowledge any other point of view other than your own.

How wrong you are again. All along i've been happy to acknowledge your point of view, but that doesn't mean i have to agree with it. To repeat, you have been the one unaccepting of a different perspective as shown by your hollow threats to leave because you felt you were wasting your time.

You think because you don't believe it's acceptable you think the same rules should apply to everyone else.

I'm obviously in no position to force news networks around the world to all abide by decent ethical standards that take into account the possible effects they can have on the lives of those in front of the cameras and that of their families, but it's fair to say that i do wish there was some sort of international regulation.

Everywhere has their own different situations and what may be acceptable to you could be completely different somewhere else,

This brings us back to your original comment that in some places, having the blood-soaked decapitated body of your relative splashed all over the news networks was not seen as undignified or disrespectful, especially to the grieving family. Please stop making claims like this without actually telling us exactly which place follows these beliefs.

which leads me to believe you are very narrow minded and stuck to your own set of cultural rules. Not surprising really as many foreigners in Thailand appear to be like this.

Believing in something doesn't make you narrow minded. Being unprepared to listen to other people's views does. Take a look at yourself.

My mind is not set to a strict set of rules, where anything out of the norm you immediately view as inferior and wrong, that is why I am able to look at all the perspectives and see good points in BOTH, unlike you.

Get it yet?

Nope, afraid not me old chum. Let's recap. You told me that because most of my experience was limited to Thailand, i had no understanding of this issue and my opinion was worthless. It was one of your more condescending remarks, and you still have yet to explain exactly what your credentials are that make your opinion that much more superior. Save me all the nonsense about how broad and open your mind is as you've shown no evidence of that here, and give me the straight answer as to why having only spent time in Thailand (despite travel to many other countries), i am unqualified to so much as offer an opinion? What makes you so sage and wiley?

haram aleik ya bint!

a year or so ago you mentioned your heritage Zaza but i was not sure whether you speak the language :D

Ayyouni anta ya baba! :D

I was quite thrilled and excited when I'd realized the surprising line you had wrote ,in a way I was unable to notice the terrible grammar mistakes I made by replying with English language! :D:o

:D إيهاب توفيق - الله يسامح حبيبي

Yes I'm sure you did

Unfortunately I have better things to do than trying to debate with people who fail to understand what I write.

I could go back through the posts on this thread and point out where you have contradicted yourself and shown how you are not open to any other opinions other than your your own, which in your own words is better and superior. I could also point out the various times I have shown you I am open to any arguments you may put forward. However I really can't be bothered, I will let people just read it for themselves.

Yes I'm sure you did

Unfortunately I have better things to do than trying to debate with people who fail to understand what I write.

I could go back through the posts on this thread and point out where you have contradicted yourself and shown how you are not open to any other opinions other than your your own, which in your own words is better and superior. I could also point out the various times I have shown you I am open to any arguments you may put forward. However I really can't be bothered, I will let people just read it for themselves.

Can't we all just get along? How about a nice big hug you guys? Maybe you can just agree that there are different views on what is acceptable and that some channels are more graphic in their coverage and others are more self-censoring of all the graphic images. That if you want to see the graphic stuff, then watch the channel. If you do not, then you can watch a different channel.

Maybe you can just agree that there are different views on what is acceptable and that some channels are more graphic in their coverage and others are more self-censoring of all the graphic images.

:D

That's what I have been saying, I don't understand what there is to argue about that other than trying to say there can only be one "right" view, which just doesn't make sense to me in this situation as the world is a very diverse place :o

Edited by madjbs

Yes I'm sure you did

I haven't failed to understand, just failed to agree - something you couldn't accept.

Anyway what i do agree on is that this is going round in ever decreasing circles, so as you rightly say, people can read and judge for themselves.

My goodness,

So much aggresion on just talking about what news channel you watch.

Can we not just stop trying to convince the other person is wrong?

Just believe what you want to believe but please not try to convince others that you are right or wrong.

Believe what you want, but please do not bother other people with your beliefs.

Just have a nice live and do not bother others too much, the world would be a much better place.

Kind regards,

Alex

AJ is shi*e - completely slanted. Makes it no better than the rest and prob on par with awful CNN. However good to see what the enemy is saying.... :o

Arabic people are not the enemy of western people. Both populations harbor extremists, it is they, iand their religion that is OUR ENEMY.

Look at the Moromon cults with polygamy and the Islamic culture of degrading women with burquas and such. Same- same.

I've never understood what the difference is between Christian, Jew and Islamic anyway, all believe a heap of steaming twaddle called,

" God" and have a violent obsession with " Virgin " worship

Better to start worshipping ( again) Mother Earth . At least she's real .

My goodness,

So much aggresion on just talking about what news channel you watch.

Can we not just stop trying to convince the other person is wrong?

Just believe what you want to believe but please not try to convince others that you are right or wrong.

Believe what you want, but please do not bother other people with your beliefs.

Just have a nice live and do not bother others too much, the world would be a much better place.

Kind regards,

Alex

Thank you Alex. There seems to be a number of angry people posting here, perhaps they endured unhappy childhoods.

Anyway, it is pleasant to read a post like yours.

I've never understood what the difference is between Christian, Jew and Islamic anyway, all believe a heap of steaming twaddle called,

" God" and have a violent obsession with " Virgin " worship

Better to start worshipping ( again) Mother Earth . At least she's real .

Amen to that!

(although i have worshiped a few virgins in my time - who hasn't?)