What Song Does This Lyric Come From?

garro

Just for a bit a fun and to test our music trivia I though it would be nice to this. Print a couple of lines of lyric and let others guess who it is by and the name of the song. I'll begin;

"You stopped us from killing each other

Tom Jones, Tom Jones

You'll never know but you saved our lives

Tom Jones, Tom Jones

I could never throw my knickers at you

And I don't come from Wales"

<br />This will be a very easy and somewhat boring game.<br /><br />All you have to do is put the first line into google and type 'lyrics' after it and you get the song and singer etc.<br /><br />Too easy to cheat.<br /><br />Sorry to rain on your new game.<br />

Quite a cynical view of humanity you have there.

Why would anyone cheat? It isn't for prizes.

Anyway even if the do, it is only a bit of fun.

Anyway, here is another.

I'm worse at what I do best

And for this gift I feel blessed

Our little group has always been

And always will until the end

OK i'm game, although I agree with Paddy to some extent in that it breaks out of the follow-me style of the pop song and movie title games. I'll offer these words:

"...leg warmers, nightshirts, dark wool...."

I doubt a Google search * will offer the answer, this one you know or you don't, but I will offer a clue.

Group: Very popular UK band since 1980s, still active today.

* I am aware that by making this post - these words will now appear within Google results so this is a one time question that Google can't help with until the answer appears in this thread, I think.

Edited by Cuban

(A STUMPER).....

Sounds like thunder

Gotta head for the high ground

White water comin' no foolin around

"Opihi man in the sun

Opihi man grab your bag and run

Opihi man another swell is coming your way

Bonus points awarded for explaining what "Opihi" means.....and why Opihi man has gotta run.

Aloha and Mahalo guys and gals

pumpuimans song is by The Ka'au Crater Boys , opihi is a shell.

now try this one

" ooh ee ooh aah aah

bing bang walla walla bing bang

ooh ee ooh aah aah

ting tang walla walla bing bang "

Edited by taxexile

I'm stumped. Could pumpulman provide a clue and could Cuban provide more lyrics of the song.

The Hawaiian song is something about limpets.

...I'm affaid that if I offer more lyrics then the puzzle is too easily solved - currently I believe that any Google search will not reveal an answer, even through I am sure many people have listened to the words they did not hear them.

pumpuimans song is by The Ka'au Crater Boys , opihi is a shell.

now try this one

" ooh ee ooh aah aah

bing bang walla walla bing bang

ooh ee ooh aah aah

ting tang walla walla bing bang "

chitty chitty bang bang ?

Maybe we should have some rules?

What do you think?

Only chart songs from English speaking countries - lets say in the top twenty at least once.

If nobody gets it after a few attempts then the poster reveals the answer.

Any takers on the lyric in post 5.

It is considered the anthem of generation x and was a hit in the nineties.

Nevermind.

The song is "Witch Doctor" but I can't remember who sung it.

don lang and the frantic five.

Don Lang- Gordon Langhorn born on 19th January 1925 in Halifax, Yorkshire

Don Lang and his 'Frantic Five' were resident musicians on TV's Six-Five Special and were responsible for the theme tune that Don sang to start the show each week.

Rock and Roll was an obvious opportunity for Don Lang who would otherwise have been running a Jazz combo. They were in roughly the same mould as Tony Crombie and his Rockets, though perhaps not copying Bill Haley as closely as the latter.

The group's TV exposure allowed them to make hits from four covers of American songs. These included 'School Day' and even 'Sink The Bismark'

'Witch Doctor' was their greatest success and gave them a #5. The original David Seville version only managed to reach #11. Mercifully, Don Lang and his group did not try to emulate any of David Seville's later recordings with the 'Chipmunks'.

Don Lang died in London on 3rd August 1992

The song is "Witch Doctor" but I can't remember who sung it.

don lang and the frantic five.

Don Lang- Gordon Langhorn born on 19th January 1925 in Halifax, Yorkshire

Don Lang and his 'Frantic Five' were resident musicians on TV's Six-Five Special and were responsible for the theme tune that Don sang to start the show each week.

Rock and Roll was an obvious opportunity for Don Lang who would otherwise have been running a Jazz combo. They were in roughly the same mould as Tony Crombie and his Rockets, though perhaps not copying Bill Haley as closely as the latter.

The group's TV exposure allowed them to make hits from four covers of American songs. These included 'School Day' and even 'Sink The Bismark'

'Witch Doctor' was their greatest success and gave them a #5. The original David Seville version only managed to reach #11. Mercifully, Don Lang and his group did not try to emulate any of David Seville's later recordings with the 'Chipmunks'.

Don Lang died in London on 3rd August 1992

Great post..............many thanks, I'd forgotton all about Don Lang............I saw them once at the Southampton Gaumont on a bill with the King Brothers and Frankie Vaughan yech!!!!...............My elder sister dragged me along

Long, Long, Long ............the Fab Four

The White Album was the only one I didn't really like and so I don't know all the words of all the songs. I have to admit you got me...........and I cheated with darling Google!!

This should take you back a bit.............once again its from the middle eight

Lost my heart, but what of it

He is cold I agree

He can laugh, but I love it

Although the laugh's on me

One last clue, Ella Fitzgerald sung it, among others

Maybe we should have some rules?

What do you think?

Only chart songs from English speaking countries - lets say in the top twenty at least once.

If nobody gets it after a few attempts then the poster reveals the answer.

Any takers on the lyric in post 5.

It is considered the anthem of generation x and was a hit in the nineties.

Nevermind.

Nirvana - Smells like teen spirit???

BIG clue at the end of your post me thinks.

What about this one;

"Son, I'm 30,

I only went with your mother 'cause she's dirty"

Clue: this English band, from the nineties, only enjoyed themselves on one day of the week

What about this one;

"Son, I'm 30,

I only went with your mother 'cause she's dirty"

Clue: this English band, from the nineties, only enjoyed themselves on one day of the week

"Son I'm 30, I only went with your mother 'cause she's dirty, And I don't have a decent bone in me, What you get is what you see, yeah". -- Human League

Edited by Zpete