Mini Van Bangkok To Pattaya

deejah

i know there were mini vans from sunam luang to khancanaburi

i know there are mini vans from victory monument to lopburi

where can i get a minivan from Bangkok to pattaya?

they tend to be faster than the buses

also looking for good inexpensive lodging in pattaya

300-600 a night, clean, quiet comfortable

close to shopping. people, Internet and beach

Provide the drivers don't fall asleep, which is a not infrequent occurrence.

The drivers make a number of trips every day, and most of them drive like maniacs.

If you value your life, I advise you to use alternative transport. The regular buses aren't particularly safe, but they are a lot safer than most mini vans

" good inexpensive lodging in pattaya"

"300-600"

rates change daily over here as you know so not 100% youll have to check

carlton hotel top of soi 4 maybe 5, approx 500

daung service appartments near jamesons irish pub nice and clean 500/700

bus stop soi 6 approx 700

Tropical berts (bertie basset) close to top soi 6 big rooms dvd ubc etc bit more 800 ish (maybe full)

chris

Provide the drivers don't fall asleep, which is a not infrequent occurrence.

The drivers make a number of trips every day, and most of them drive like maniacs.

If you value your life, I advise you to use alternative transport. The regular buses aren't particularly safe, but they are a lot safer than most mini vans

thanks for the warning

some are better than others

so where are they to be found?

minvans bang to pat?

thanks

ps chris thanks for the suggestions

anymore out there?

Minivans from Bkk. to Pattaya leave from Century Shopping Centre, at the southeast corner of Victory Monument BTS Station. The ticket seller sits outside the northwest door of the shopping centre (the one nearest the BTS station). The fare is 150 baht one way, travel time about 2 hrs. to Wat Chaimongkhon in South Pattaya. They will stop enroute to let you off, if your destination is before Wat Chai.

Minivans from Bkk. to Pattaya leave from Century Shopping Centre, at the southeast corner of Victory Monument BTS Station. The ticket seller sits outside the northwest door of the shopping centre (the one nearest the BTS station). The fare is 150 baht one way, travel time about 2 hrs. to Wat Chaimongkhon in South Pattaya. They will stop enroute to let you off, if your destination is before Wat Chai.

The trouble with minivans is that they don't always seem to drive the same way. I travel from Bangkok to a small town near SriRatcha twice weekly and the journey can take anything from 1 hour 50 minutes to 3 hours 20 minutes. No, it's not because of traffic congestion but simply the route and whether the driver does any "private stops or shopping".

They are also often overcrowded with 4 people sitting in 3 seats because of all the baggage that people carry.

The other problem is that I have seen many of them fighting to stay awake when driving along the long straight roads. I really hate traveling with them but seem to have little choice because of the chosen destination.

I was interrupted in my last posting but I'd recommend the OP to take a regular bus from Ekamai or Morchit. They are more comfortable and less dangerous. Yes, maybe they are a little slower but not much.

Took a minivan back from Jomtien to BKK with my family. It costs 170baht per person. We took the toll road so it was fairly fast. The seating isn't bad unless you get the back row of seats which seats four people. This van dropped us off under the expressway near victory monument. I gues it was the Wipawadee Rangsit road. I would take it again if I lived downtown. The will also pick you up at your hotel if you have their number.

As for a cheap hotel for the price you listed I don't know what to tell you. You probably won't find any near the beach for that price. The APEX which is in a bit is around 5 -600 baht I guess but it doesn't have a bathtub. You probably have to look inland a bit to find something. If you are just going for a weekend you should be able to find something walking around there. Oh, Pattaya is pretty noisy. If you are looking for a quiet place you might want to look somewhere else.

thanks all

good stuff

disgruntled or others:

would you happen to have a phone number for the minvan

a pick up sounds too good to be true

pick up from bkk, pat, or both?

vic mon is quciker and easier than ekemai and morchit for me

but its a toss up at this point

was hoping to shave an hour or so off the trip :o

thanks again

helpful

thanks all

good stuff

disgruntled or others:

would you happen to have a phone number for the minvan

a pick up sounds too good to be true

vic mon is quciker and easier than ekemai and morchit for me

but its a toss up at this point

was hoping to shave an hour or so off the trip :o

thanks again

helpful

just on that if your travelling alone all advice given is good, but if theres a few of you, the queen vic soi 6 has a new minibus all 1st class and its 1800 (i think) all in!

chris

[/quot

Try Romeo Palace. German Hotel Soi 18 Naklua Road. About 650 baht, but its now low season

so the longer you stay the cheaper it gets. 2 min walk from Wongamart beach.

This is an application of common sense. I highly doubt that they do pickup in Bangkok, unless your location is very close to the route they take from Century to Pattaya. (Usually the new motorway that more or less parallels Rama 9 Road). Bangkok is huge, and they could spend hours picking people up in the far flung corners of the city, burning up whatever profit they would make from the trip.

They do pick-up in Pattaya at least from south Pattaya and points northward. I am not sure about Jomtien; from what one of the other posters has said, it sounds as though there is a seperate van service which originates there.

I don't have the van's business card on me. Get one from the driver, or on your first trip to Pattaya, go all the way to Wat Chaimongkhon and get one from the ticket seller there.

• 3 years later...

I know of at least three companies that supply a minivan service (every 15 minutes) to/from Pattaya. I'm sure there are more. They have different rates:

1. (97 baht) Pattaya Van. There are several pickup/drop-off locations in Bangkok and Pattaya. See the website http://www.pattayava...0/index_en.html for more information.
  2. (100 baht) see website for contact numbers: http://www.muengtha.com/ (Thai only).
    Bangkok location: Victory Monument.
    Pattaya locations:
    a. In front of the Family Mart on the North side of Pattaya Thai between Soi Hollywood and Soi 15).
    b. Inside the Bali Hai Pier Terminal.
  3. (120 baht) Office on the West side of Sukhumvit next to the Pattaya Thai pedestrian bridge. There's a parking area in front of the office. I don't have a website link, contact numbers or the location in Bangkok. It is somewhere near Victory Monument.

I've been told there is a service in Jomtien for 150 baht somewhere around Soi 5. I have not investigated it.

I have used services 1 and 2 above. I was very happy with them.

The negative posts above are pure poppy cock! With the big bus service, I have been in one accident (had to wait in the hot sun for another bus to come and pick us up), and two near misses. One time the bus nearly flip on it's side. Another time the bus skidded sideways when the driver lost control.

I'm a big person and the minibuses are far more comfortable. I would have to buy two tickets on the big bus to get the same level of comfort.

The minibuses are clean and new. The big buses are old and dilapidated. Two times the big bus broke down on the road.We had to wait for a mechanic to come and fix. Several times I've had water drip on me. Making the trip miserable.

This big buses are noisy (from rude passengers, rattles, and other noises), whereas the minibuses are quite. Passengers don't have to speak loudly.

I will never take the big bus again!

Edited by BB1950