Woman Leg Found At The Mall Bang Kapi Pier

george

How to tell if it was female ? Well good question......painted toenails......no ladyboys might do it too.......smooth skin....naaa......laqdyboys might shave too.......hey wait there maybe it wasn't female as it was hairy ?? No - have you seen some womens/girls hairy legs here....shocking I must say....! Yeah yeah I'll rot in hel_l....blah blah blah...!

How to tell if it was female ? Well good question......painted toenails......no ladyboys might do it too.......smooth skin....naaa......laqdyboys might shave too.......hey wait there maybe it wasn't female as it was hairy ?? No - have you seen some womens/girls hairy legs here....shocking I must say....! Yeah yeah I'll rot in hel_l....blah blah blah...!

The picture in the Thai paper shows a bracelet thingie around the ankle which I have only seen women wearing. The tattoo of the half-naked girl looks kind of unseemly for a woman though.

I am curious.

How did they know it is a woman's leg???

are you for real, serious???

Legit question. It's much easier if one has the pelvis or cranium to work with. However, long bones do give clues. The tibia is shaped differently in a female than a male. Thigh bones are different as well. Bone structure exam allows an ME to determine an age range. If the leg was only around for a few days, decomposition would not have been that bad and the skin would have been intact. Usually after a body is submersed for some time the skin sloughs off when you try to remove the body. There probably were sufficient visual clues such as dimensions, jewellery, fatty tissue deposits and yes, the infamous toenail care.

Personally, I find it hard to sex body parts and just can't do it well. I am amazed by the folks that can pick up a bone and give a reliable estimate of the sex When you do this for awhile, I guess you know all the clues and have enough experience to say its a boy or girl part with just a cursory look.

What I'd like to know now is if we have some sicko walking around chopping up women or whether this is an isolated muder case. You'd think this case would merit more importance than this.

My anatomy class went on a field trip to siriraj hospital and they showed us skulls and pelvises and leg bones. The pelvis bones were easy to distinguish but for some reason we could tell what the sex of the person was based on their leg bones. I guess the proportions are just different.

came out of the mall car park yesterday afternoon and wondered what all the police, t.v cameras etc were all looking at until saw the front page of the paper today. You can see a picture of the leg on the Thaii Rath website, not for the squeamish. The article states that the leg had been in water for approx 2 days and was from a woman approx 20-25 and about 150 cms tall.

Thanks!

How difficult is it to post the link so we can all have a look?

obviously, a young girl has been murdered. what a tragedy.

and all that some users (some of them even long-time-members) can do here is posting sick perverted comments or pictures.

that makes me phuke !!!

be sure to wipe that chin of yours on your way out.

Edited by t.s

my first thought:

this is sick. this is horrible, stupid reporting done to keep the length of the story as short as possible in an attempt to completely glaze over it.

my second thought:

thai prison is exactly what someone who would do this deserves.

my third though:

I hope the police catch the bastard.

my fourth thought:

it can't take, long, they're only a foot away from finding the owner of the leg.

:o

Poor reporting from the Nation (It's getting worse), and usual keystone act from the BIB.

A case of Foot in mouth then :D

i may be going out on a limb here but i wouldnt be surprised if she was called eileen

:o

Moss

He said the leg might have been cut off two or two days ago and police were searching for the owner of the leg.

-- The Nation 2008-05-10

Sometimes the english text used in these articles merits a stunned :o It's written like a black comedy script.

Seriously now, "police were searching for the owner of the leg" suggests that they are looking for a one legged young lady hopping about, unless the genius detectives

are considering a collector of body parts who was unaware that the leg he/she was transporting fell off the back of his/her motorcycle.

Perhaps it would have been better to simply state that the police would search the canal for the rest of the body in hopes of determining her identity and the cause of the limb loss. Women do not shed legs, nor do legs pop up in canals unless a sicko (or sickos) has butchered some poor soul and tossed the body. Someone's daugher is most likely murdered and the best the paper can do is give it the 3 stooges treatment. :D

Poor reporting from the Nation (It's getting worse), and usual keystone act from the BIB.

Probably a very sad and tragic story, which deserves better reporting than this.

The Nation has gone from an iritiating, aristocratically-biased paper that at least covered the news quite well, to a dull business journal gushing with advertisement-like "news" reporting about 'bullish' property deals and other rubbish - combined with a rather bizarre 'freebie' style tabloid insert to cover the daily 'news'.. A high-so decision no doubt to go this way, and no one would dare question the move - until its last editions start to yellow and the offices go dark.

has anyone thought of dragging the canal to search for the rest of the body?

It may be down there, weighted, and only the leg managed to float to the surface.

has anyone thought of dragging the canal to search for the rest of the body?

It may be down there, weighted, and only the leg managed to float to the surface.

They probably thought about it - for a minute or two. But upon realising it would require them to work, and there was little chance of making any tea money from it, they quickly erased it from their minds and moved on to other, more profitable, things - like the mobile phone ban, or extorting money from migrant construction workers.

People need to drop this idea that the police in Thailand (or other nearby countries) are here to prevent or solve crimes or protect the public.

You want to think about how much a police captain or other officer makes in Bangkok, think about Victory Monument and the cops on each entrance to the roundabout. If you drive a car through this area during the day you can't miss them - they are constantly pulling over motorists for real and perceived minor violations - from changing lanes and crossing a 'solid' line, to not indicating/signalling.

They even ask you if you want a receipt - if you decline you pay a bit less and of course the cash goes into his pocket for his boss (they work in pairs to watch each other - that's why they work in twos I reckon). Now if each of the four teams is taking 200 baht from someone every five minutes that's 9,600 baht per hour. They seem to be there around 10 hours per day, so that works out to around 96,000 Baht per day for the guys running that little scam. Put another way, it's nearly 3 million baht per month.

Dredge the canal? Get your Mamma to dredge the canal!

Edited by thaigene2