Which Mobile Provider Is The Best/cheapest?

DeathbyDurian

I am in the market for a new sim card and was looking for the board's thoughts on mobile services. (Did a search for this, didn't see anything newer than 2 years old)

I have two phones, one with true and the other with 1 2 call.

1 2 call seems to have better service (I'm in BKK) but they send waaaay too many advertisements to my phone. (As in, every 20 minutes my phone screen lights up silently with some ad in Thai)

True has fine service and sends me an audible advertising text every three days or so.

I will be replacing the True sim card.

So...what are everyones thoughts on DTAC?

Should I stay with True?

Which service has the best promotion?

What about the least amount of text ads?

Any other thoughts are appreciated!

DTAC sends me very few text ads and they have very good rates if you are calling another DTAC customer. They also offer double minutes top-up on your birthday. True seems to be the worst with the text adverts.

I am in the market for a new sim card and was looking for the board's thoughts on mobile services. (Did a search for this, didn't see anything newer than 2 years old)

1 2 call seems to have better service (I'm in BKK) but they send waaaay too many advertisements to my phone. (As in, every 20 minutes my phone screen lights up silently with some ad in Thai)

True has fine service and sends me an audible advertising text every three days or so.

Should I stay with True?

I've been on 1-2-CALL for several years now and generally pleased with it.  Like all cell phones services, tho, there is the occasional blank spot in space, in the bush.  I'm out at Klong 10 on the Rangsit-Nakhon Nayok Road, go up to outside Sayaburi often, north, some blanks out that way.  Not a real problem, drive a few more kliks and you're OK.

The wife had DTAC then Hutch, more blanks up in the bush than 1-2-CALL.

As to tel SPAM, I used to have a bunch 'til I went down to their office at Future Park.  The gal who hands out the queue tickets listened to my tale of woe, took my phone, entered whatever she entered, and now get perhaps one a week or three.  The rest blocked.  And, best of all, on a busy day, didn't even get a queue ticket.

Mac

I have both AIS and Dtac. Both are pretty good but Dtac at this point has a MUCH better GPRS EDGE Internet connection. As far as SPAM, Dtac has MUCH more bullshit SPAM. I have no idea why they want to irritate their customers with that junk.

Steves_the_1 says: get a DTAC sim had the same one now for 5 years and never ever had any ads junk sent to my phone

Gary A says: As far as SPAM, Dtac has MUCH more bullshit SPAM

So...what the heck does that mean? Two sim cards from the same provider have different levels of spam?

If this is the case, is there a specific place I need to go to get 'the good' sim card?

Steves_the_1 says: get a DTAC sim had the same one now for 5 years and never ever had any ads junk sent to my phone

So...what the heck does that mean? Two sim cards from the same provider have different levels of spam?

If this is the case, is there a specific place I need to go to get 'the good' sim card?

yes maybe but if you give them a ring you can stop it all :o

yes maybe but if you give them a ring you can stop it all :o

Part of the spam (or all of it) is caoused by you giving you number to businesses that sell it (they are not telling) and by using your number online.

Should I stay with True?

1-2-call (AIS) best for national coverage. True, DTAC, Orange may be OK for Bangkok but not so good in the provinces (if you intend to travel). All not too good towards the 3 bordering countries, especially Laos. All CAN BE contacted through their web pages. All providers will stop the adverts, MMS, change languages etc if you contact them on-line. Hope this info is useful.

I have been with DTAC on and off for 5 years and if you go to their office they can program something in your phone to stop their generated spam,you can also have a code to recieve the spam in english if you want.

Had a friend here from Aus last week,his 12call would not get a signal in Chiangmai city,had to go to his room L6 to talk.