Parking Questions

If I were to take off-shore vacations to the islands in south of thailand, say Koh Tao, Railey etc, is it safe to park and leave the vehicles at the ferry points in chumphon or ao nang?

Also is it wise to park on the outskirts of Bkk and take a train to get around the city?

What are your opinions. Thanks

I would not leave my car in a public area. That said, I have left my car in the guarded Lomprayah ferry parking lot in Chumphon for a few days and felt as safe as anywhere in Thailand. No worries and the islands were lovely!

I would not leave my car in a public area. That said, I have left my car in the guarded Lomprayah ferry parking lot in Chumphon for a few days and felt as safe as anywhere in Thailand. No worries and the islands were lovely!

Sweet. Thanks for the info.

I leave my car all over the place without any worries. My main worry when i leave it is not that it will get stolen, more that it will get scratched by people pushing it around.

As for parking and using the train in BKK, there is a great Asiapark by the On Nut BTS station that lets you do just that. Im not sure about the other ends of the BTS, but im sure there will be.

Even as someone who lives in Bangkok, if i can get away with it i always drive from home and park my car at Emporium then take the train from there.

If I were to take off-shore vacations to the islands in south of thailand, say Koh Tao, Railey etc, is it safe to park and leave the vehicles at the ferry points in chumphon or ao nang?

Also is it wise to park on the outskirts of Bkk and take a train to get around the city?

What are your opinions. Thanks

A very good question on a topic I have never seen discussed before!

Up here in Chiang Mai it is common practice for expats to leave their cars in the large open air car park at CM International Airport for days or weeks. Many have car covers on them.

The costs are low and over many years I have never heard of a complaint. But don't tell those drug dealers up in Burma who pay for 4x4s to be stolen to order.......!

I visited the Lomprayah ferry parking lot in Chumphon on night to see where it was {we live in Ranong}. It was closed last ferry had already left, but the place looked ok, it had enclosed parking lot, I believe you pay a fee, some areas had a tarp over the cars, others didn't. But I would park my car in the lot if I was going to Koh Tao.