I Want To Live In Thailand

I'm looking for a job in Thailand.

I'll be in Thailand from the 24th of october until the 5th of november.

You can contact me by email or mp or by mobile.

Thanks

Marco

Please see my CV/Resume at www.iwanttoliveinthailand.com

Here's a plan:

1. Stay where you are.

2. Don't get married.

3. Make loads of money doing what you're good at.

4. Continue the above until you're 50.

5. Sell everything and come to Thailand.

Easy! :D

This is the most annoying logic of them all. Stay where you don't want to be and work hard for 20 or 30 years. Then, hope that you're still alive and your health permits you to enjoy Thailand. No thanks.

Making money from Thailand isn't easy, but if you enjoy the place, its certainly worth a try while you are sill alive and healthy.

Forgive me if I'm mistaken but age 50 is not considered "old" these days with life expectency in the 80's? :o

First, what guarantee do you have that you will be alive and healthy when you're 50? None.

Second, even if you fail in trying, there's no shame in following a dream.

This forum is full of pessimistic men who seem to have morgated their future and happiness.

Thanks

Marco

Here's a plan:

1. Stay where you are.

2. Don't get married.

This is the most annoying logic of them all. Stay where you don't want to be and work hard for 20 or 30 years. Then, hope that you're still alive and your health permits you to enjoy Thailand. No thanks.

Making money from Thailand isn't easy, but if you enjoy the place, its certainly worth a try while you are sill alive and healthy.

Forgive me if I'm mistaken but age 50 is not considered "old" these days with life expectency in the 80's? :o

First, what guarantee do you have that you will be alive and healthy when you're 50? None.

This forum is full of pessimistic men who seem to have morgated their future and happiness.

Well then, all I can say to that is "Go For The Gusto"!

You only go 'round once! :D

Thanks

Marco

Here's a plan:

1. Stay where you are.

2. Don't get married.

Well then, all I can say to that is "Go For The Gusto"!

You only go 'round once! :D

Sorry if my post upset you, ChiangMaiThai. I guess I'm just glad I didn't come to Thailand until I was 50. If I had come here earlier, I would had fallen in love with the place earlier, and spent all my money on flights and holidays here. As it is, I made loads of money in England and can now live in Thailand until I die - hopefully not for 30 years or more - and have a wonderful end to my life.

I have friends here who work, and I feel so sorry for them trying to scrape up enough cash to live here in comfort.

People who are sent here to work by multi-national companies have it all, but those who come here thinking "OK, all I have to do now is find a job that pays 40,000 baht a month" are living in cloud cuckoo land. But, good luck to them if they can make it. I think that for every 1 person that does make it, there must be 20, sad, broken men who have to return home. :D

Edited by RDN

Hey chiangmaithai, i agree with RDN.That´s going to be my way.

I´m 30 years old and make good money, i save for my pension and i´m paying off my house and my flat.My kids have a lot better education than they would in TH.When my kids are grown up, then it will be time for my wife and me to go back to Thailand.Living of our savings, having a good time and let the money send to LOS from our pensions.

But what you lot do is mostly fighting for your life, suffer for your ignorance and give later a bad picture of Thailand in your homecountry, when you are back-totally broke.

And then expecting that the community back home pays for the mistakes you have done ones.

I can understand people having dreams, but then they should inform themselves

exactly what it is about and work for their aim.

Not the way some people do in forums. :o

If you're happy and content where you are and don't view 20 years as a big price to pay to retire comfortably in Thailand, there's nothing wrong with it at all. It just seems like there are so many people here that are almost threatened by the very notion of someone successfully doing now what they have decided can not be done for a decades.

I agree that it is naive to think you can just move here and get a job and live happily ever after, but if you come with a business idea, contacts and an education, there's no harm in trying to make the dream work. If it doesn't, okay, go home work, regroup and give it another shot.

We're not here forever...

If you're happy and content where you are and don't view 20 years as a big price to pay to retire comfortably in Thailand, there's nothing wrong with it at all. It just seems like there are so many people here that are almost threatened by the very notion of someone successfully doing now what they have decided can not be done for a decades.

I agree that it is naive to think you can just move here and get a job and live happily ever after, but if you come with a business idea, contacts and an education, there's no harm in trying to make the dream work. If it doesn't, okay, go home work, regroup and give it another shot.

We're not here forever...

I don't think that we think so differently, ChiangMaiThai. I wouldn't say I feel 'threatened', but I do see and talk to a few - not a lot - but a few people who are looking for work, or have a bar and it's not making much money, or they have a bar, but still not enough for the new visa requirements, and I think it is a lot easier to make money in your own country and environment, than it is here (Thailand).

Having said that, I do know some very 'busy' and wealthy guys in Bangkok who have made it very big here. One is a supplier and marketer of bands and DJs and the other owns part of a very large and flourishing quality pool hall. The apartment that the entertainment guy has bought is fantastic - 3 apartments knocked into one, high floor, beautiful views across the city, balconies all round two sides and right in the middle of the Nana area (that may be good or bad, depending on who you are!). But they are easily in the minority, and I say "Well Done" and "Good luck" to them.

But, as you said, you must "come with a business idea, contacts and an education" - it's going to be very hard just turning up with a few baht in your pocket and then saying to yourself "OK what shall I do now?" :o

There's an often quoted saying used in Thailand by expats - "don't invest more than you can afford to lose". That is not just true of money, it is also true of time and effort. If you lose a year or two years trying to make it here and fail, will you be able to get back to what you were doing in your home country and carry on where you left off? Or will you have lost the opportunities that you might have had if you had stayed at home?

Lots of things to consider before making the plunge (to come here, I mean - not jumping off the top of a tall building if things don't work out!)

Well i think if you have the balls and you wanna do it then like the Nike adverts say you should just do it.

My Mother and Father have retired to Goa and my Father says its THE BEST THING they could have done and love it.

They waited until my brother and I had got ourselves sorted before they went.

Also though during the late 60s and early 70s my Father was Racing motorcycles as a semi pro around the UK circuits, in 72 he was offered the sole Franchise for Honda in Tazmania which would have meant that every honda mortorcycle and car sold in Tazmania between 1972 - 2002 would have had to be sold through his company.

Honda was not a well known manufacturer back then and he opted to play safe, keep racing semi pro and making a good living as a finance manager, later to be a major share holder in the company.

He tells me hand on heart that he often thinks how different life would have been if he had been brave enough to take that once in a lifetime chance, and he says not taking it is without doubt the BIGGEST MISTAKE he has ever made.

So i say if you get the chance, sod waiting, go for it. Afterall who says your gonna get to 50 years old anyway, its not guarenteed and thats a guarentee.

Noodles.

Well i think if you have the balls and you wanna do it then like the Nike adverts say you should just do it.

My Mother and Father have retired to Goa and my Father says its THE BEST THING they could have done and love it.

Also though during the late 60s and early 70s my Father was Racing motorcycles as a semi pro around the UK circuits, in 72 he was offered the sole Franchise for Honda in Tazmania which would have meant that every honda mortorcycle and car sold in Tazmania between 1972 - 2002 would have had to be sold through his company.

Honda was not a well known manufacturer back then and he opted to play safe, keep racing semi pro and making a good living as a finance manager, later to be a major share holder in the company.

He tells me hand on heart that he often thinks how different life would have been if he had been brave enough to take that once in a lifetime chance, and he says not taking it is without doubt the BIGGEST MISTAKE he has ever made.

So i say if you get the chance, sod waiting, go for it. Afterall who says your gonna get to 50 years old anyway, its not guarenteed and thats a guarentee.

Noodles.

English,

although you would have been grown up in the greatest country on the face of the earth and learnt how to wash regularly :D be thankful that your dad didn't go to Tasmania.

You would have developed an unhealthy attraction to all your siblings, and guaranteed that whenever you introduced people to your wife and your sister, there would only have been one person standing beside you. :o

Does it realy matter whethere you should have money when

you are much older, except for the money leeches that you

need to have around you.

I will make another poll to see what amount per month

make it worthy moving to thailand.

Don't bother - it's been done already. Several times.

Several times? I did a search here and came up with nothing.

Can you provide a link for me. Thanks

How about a another poll?

Would you want to live in Thailand if their were no cheap ,beautiful and availabel ,women ,prepared to go with overweight burnt out falangs!

Suppose my question is why do so many people fall in love with Thailand?

I mean their are plenty of other cheap to live in asian countries?

How about a another poll?

Would you want to live in Thailand if their were no cheap ,beautiful and availabel ,women ,prepared to go with overweight burnt out falangs!

Suppose my question is why do so many people fall in love with Thailand?

I mean their are plenty of other cheap to live in asian countries?

Even sex wasn't readily avaiable, i didn't care and still would be

living in thailand permanently, if i was assure i could stay financialy

stable.

It's the friendliness of the people and the culture, thai and foriegn

food varity, safty, ....that attracts more people. Thailand seems to

have the best combination except for bad earning.

need to have around you.

Here's a few:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15956

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7654

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=1292&st

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5392

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18881

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6722

need to have around you.

Here's a few:

Thank for links. But topics in all above link is "what amount

to live off with?"

My Question and poll intention is how much you need to make?

A guy like me might spend from 60K a month in Thailand and

i need to save extra 80K, otherwise might not make decision for

moving to thailand, just for possibility i might to need to return home

some day, who knows if thai government don't kick you out some

day

I don't know, may be i have a problem that others don't have :o

need to have around you.

Here's a few:

Thank for links. But topics in all above link is "what amount

to live off with?"

My Question and poll intention is how much you need to make?

A guy like me might spend from 60K a month in Thailand and

i need to save extra 80K, otherwise might not make decision for

moving to thailand, just for possibility i might to need to return home

some day, who knows if thai government don't kick you out some

day

I don't know, may be i have a problem that others don't have :o

Adventurous sort of soul here. Can someone provide him with an ironclad guarantee against all possible eventualities ?

After reading the various threads. would I be correct in saying 40Kb/month would be the average, needed in BKK and 30Kb for Isaan?

Without a wife or defacto.

RDN, Thanks for those links, you saved us/me a lot of time  :D

Depends on your life style - but I would say that 40k is on the low side for bkk :o

Noodles.

English,

although you would have been grown up in the greatest country on the face of the earth and learnt how to wash regularly -_- be thankful that your dad didn't go to Tasmania.

You would have developed an unhealthy attraction to all your siblings, and guaranteed that whenever you introduced people to your wife and your sister, there would only have been one person standing beside you. :D

:D:D:D:wub: I would have a few more Baht than i have now though. :o

Thanks

Marco

Here's a plan:

1. Stay where you are.

2. Don't get married.

Easy! :o

Amen to that!

Hello, I am a young man (25) from Holland and I have a relationship with a Thai lady for 7 months now. My plan is to move to Thailand and buy a ladybar in Pattaya after 2 or 3 years. I can use ALL the information I can get about moving to Thailand, visas and about buying/having a ladybar. I really need some help. Thank you very much in advance!

Hello, I want to rent a bar in Thailand and live there with my Isaan GF. I have got an offer for a bar near Kalasin with about 60 seats with live music every day. It's closed now for about 4 months because the previous farang renter moved back to Europe. My GF have been there before and said it was a succesfull bar, but a Thai bar (no farangs with lots of money). My question now is : Can I make enough money from this bar to live from with my GF and after some children (and be able to visit my relatives in Holland sometimes). You people out there who are familiar with Isaan please advise me on this. Any help is very much apreciated. Luuk

Amen to that!

:o I pray you don't end up as a red smudge on a Pattaya or Kalasin car park. Amen to that.

Hello, I am a young man (25) from Holland and I have a relationship with a Thai lady for 7 months now. My plan is to move to Thailand and buy a ladybar in Pattaya after 2 or 3 years. I can use ALL the information I can get about moving to Thailand, visas and about buying/having a ladybar. I really need some help. Thank you very much in advance!

Hello, I want to rent a bar in Thailand and live there with my Isaan GF. I have got an offer for a bar near Kalasin with about 60 seats with live music every day. It's closed now for about 4 months because the previous farang renter moved back to Europe. My GF have been there before and said it was a succesfull bar, but a Thai bar (no farangs with lots of money). My question now is : Can I make enough money from this bar to live from with my GF and after some children (and be able to visit my relatives in Holland sometimes). You people out there who are familiar with Isaan please advise me on this. Any help is very much apreciated. Luuk

Amen to that!

:o I pray you don't end up as a red smudge on a Pattaya or Kalasin car park. Amen to that.

He sounds like a potential candidate for full membership in the Sky Dive Association.

My GF have been there before and said it was a succesfull bar, but a Thai bar (no farangs with lots of money). My question now is : Can I make enough money from this bar to live from with my GF and after some children (and be able to visit my relatives in Holland sometimes). You people out there who are familiar with Isaan please advise me on this. Any help is very much apreciated. Luuk

You gona have enough money to eat Som Tam Poo para everyday,

if that's not, then you might end up eating your girlfriend (hope

she isn't pregnant from you) :o