Looking To Buy Honda Steed

meallem

Looking to buy a fully legal (with green book and plate) 400cc Honda Steed in the Chiang Mai area

Must be well maintained and come from a loving home!

Don't think you will find one with the green book and plates and all... If you do you are looking at minimally 130,000Bt from what I understand. From what I understand it is also possible to buy one with out the green book and get it later.

I have been looking for one as well so it will be interesting to find out what others know as well, if any of what I have heard is right or a bunch of bs.

I saw one advertised on the notice board at the new Rim Ping Supermarket near the airport, did not pay much attention to it though, but I recall the price was around 80,000.B

This was only on Saturday, so hurry down if you want the phone number

Looking to buy a fully legal (with green book and plate) 400cc Honda Steed in the Chiang Mai area

Don't think you will find one with the green book and plates and all... If you do you are looking at minimally 130,000Bt from what I understand. From what I understand it is also possible to buy one with out the green book and get it later.

I have been looking for one as well so it will be interesting to find out what others know as well, if any of what I have heard is right or a bunch of bs.

Cheers guys - yeah price should be around 130K - to get it registered later anyhow costs around 50K so makes sense to get it all in one!

Cheers guys - yeah price should be around 130K - to get it registered later anyhow costs around 50K so makes sense to get it all in one!

Hey, this looks ok for the price :

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotive...ation-5781.html

But i may be wrong..........

I just had a quick search on the classified ads section of TV http://classifieds.thaivisa.com and it came up with 6 results, have you checked these out?

Good luck in finding what you want anyway

she's a beauty - someone selling her?

I guess the popularity explains the high price

they are about the same price as in the UK (honda shadow)

but had a phantom up till now and intend to travel with the steed at least to malaysia and cambo - but hopefully back to Europe next year

80+k for no plate sounds about right, they are very popular with Thais, 140+ with plate.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally found a Steed and bought it yesterday. I went to the owner and they gave me the papers. I went down the street to talk to a cop and ask him if what they gave me was enough if he stopped me on the road with no plates. He said for sure it was enough, but I had to get insurance also. So I went across the street to a shop that does insurance and they said yeah, just need my address and they would do it. Gave them my address and about ten minutes later I had insurance on my new bike.

Yeah no plates but the cops says it does not mater... they just want to see your papers so you have to keep a copy of them with you all the time as well as a copy of the insurance. oh and by the way I found the Steed about three hours outside of the city of ChiangMai. 65,000Bt Took a little work for find one outside of the city that was for sale but much cheeper out of the city.

post-19433-1213150421_thumb.jpg

A Steed with straight through pipes and no number plate won't worry the coppers? Perhaps this is correct but I have heard different. Perhaps best way to find out is sit outside the Muang cop station and start gunning it, see if there is any reaction, then if you pass through the now regular road blocks then it is fine. :o

Mine cost more at 75k :D and the number plate ended up being another 30k, supposed to collect next week, the green book takes longer, but it will be completely legal. Bought through the shop as they can do the plates as well. The engine has a 3 month warranty as well. Rode it around a bit before giving it back to the shop for the plates, owner says he will sort out the minor things that were wrong and that they stock plenty of Steed parts. Time will tell...

she's a beauty - someone selling her?

I guess the popularity explains the high price

they are about the same price as in the UK (honda shadow)

but had a phantom up till now and intend to travel with the steed at least to malaysia and cambo - but hopefully back to Europe next year

80+k for no plate sounds about right, they are very popular with Thais, 140+ with plate.

No sorry she's not for sale, she is my little run around :o

I finally found a Steed and bought it yesterday. I went to the owner and they gave me the papers. I went down the street to talk to a cop and ask him if what they gave me was enough if he stopped me on the road with no plates. He said for sure it was enough, but I had to get insurance also. So I went across the street to a shop that does insurance and they said yeah, just need my address and they would do it. Gave them my address and about ten minutes later I had insurance on my new bike.

Yeah no plates but the cops says it does not mater... they just want to see your papers so you have to keep a copy of them with you all the time as well as a copy of the insurance. oh and by the way I found the Steed about three hours outside of the city of ChiangMai. 65,000Bt Took a little work for find one outside of the city that was for sale but much cheeper out of the city.

post-19433-1213150421_thumb.jpg

I like the Drag Bars on it, but the pipes look like they need replacing, unless you can find some place that can re-chrome them for you.

So finally found my new ride

94 Steed with plates and all legal

registered in my name with no problems

will post pics when she has had a wash!!

Anyone recommend a good shop to have her tarted up a bit?

Also would anyone have an owners manual for the steed or shadow VT600??

Thanks for all your help

Would be great to meet up for a ride one of these weekends!!!!!!!!!!