Working In Thailand

Hello

Im a 23 year old Canadian and i was wondering how to go aworking in Thailand. I m a scuba instructor and have been offered a job. The company told me to get a multiple enty tourist visa and i was wondering how to do that, and how long that enables me to stay. Thank you

Megan

I'm a scuba instructor and have been offered a job. The company told me to get a multiple enty tourist visa.

Megan

To legally work in Thailand you will need a Work Permit which would be "sponsored" by the dive company. However, I would assume the company will not obtain a Work Permit for you. To be legal be very careful & cross-check everything the company says to you. Go to www.thaiimmigration.com to obtain info on the relevant visa. Then apply for the visa you want at the Thai Embassy/consulate in Canada.

Thank you and i will have to see what happens. I don't think they want me to get a work permit. They only told me to get a multipul entry tourist visa, and they said thats all i needed. Sounded a little to good to be true!! Thanks

Megan

Get a letter of offer from the company and get a Non-Immigrant multiple entry Business visa NOT a tourist visa. Where in Canada are you ?

It really does not sound like he is going to get anything from employer.

Also be aware that your plans to work here, even if you have a business visa, is illegal without a work permit and you could be in deep (trouble) if found out. There is currently a planned crackdown on foreigners working in tourist areas according the newspaper reports. Be careful.

Also be aware that your plans to work here, even if you have a business visa, is illegal without a work permit and you could be in deep (trouble) if found out. There is currently a planned crackdown on foreigners working in tourist areas according the newspaper reports. Be careful.

Megan has to be a she Lop :o

Also be aware that your plans to work here, even if you have a business visa, is illegal without a work permit and you could be in deep (trouble) if found out.  There is currently a planned crackdown on foreigners working in tourist areas according the newspaper reports.  Be careful.

Megan has to be a she Lop :D

Got a field block on signature lines to avoid spam I guess. Never noticed the name. :o

Also be aware that your plans to work here, even if you have a business visa, is illegal without a work permit and you could be in deep (trouble) if found out.  There is currently a planned crackdown on foreigners working in tourist areas according the newspaper reports.  Be careful.

Megan has to be a she Lop :D

Got a field block on signature lines to avoid spam I guess. Never noticed the name. :o

Megan and I forgive you Lop. :D

I hadn't heard this before, even though I look at the News Articles forum, guess I just missed it, or "spaced" through it (easy to do browsing through at 5AM).

Is it real, or is it tough talk? :o

I hadn't heard this before, even though I look at the News Articles forum, guess I just missed it, or "spaced" through it (easy to do browsing through at 5AM).

Is it real, or is it tough talk? :o

Last sentence:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19148