Spinning Class

StrongView

Hi. I already know about the Regent / 4 Seasons, and how they have a Spinning Class available, but to attend it's 30,000 (initiation fee ) + 50,000 a year....which is retarded..... so, does anyone have any knowledge of a spinning class available somewhere else and/or that you can pay per class?

Thanks....

-Matty

to strongview.... for some reason, I keep thinking you work for california fitness and posted this topic for some free advertising.

..anyway, yes, spinning classes are available at california fitness. their website is www.californiafitness.co.th

I purchased a diamond membership a few years ago. special promotion at the time. the diamond plan is for 8 years and is paid up front. monthly cost averages out to be about 400 baht. at the end of 8 years, I have the option to renew annually for 5000 baht.

there is talk that california fitness is planning on opening up 6 new locations in thailand within a year. ..but then, you never know. it's all talk right now.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a new health club/gym opening up at one of the skytrain stations ARI. I had a look in there today. The place is called fitness world and its right by the skytrain station.

As a promotion they have a months free membership when you join up, 1 year is 19,200 or you can do 3 months for 7,600 plus 1 free month. loads of machines, free weights etc, they have a spinning room with about 30-35 bikes in there, actually looked a bit too many bikes for the size of the room.

They also have a dance/aerobics room and sauna steam room, all included in the price. Oh and they said you would get a personal trainer free also for advice working out routines etc.

Seemed like a good deal though i dont know how this compares to other Gym/fitness club memberships, does anyone have any other cost comparisons for similar gym memerships in the BKK area.

Cheers 8ball.

Hi.  I already know about the Regent / 4 Seasons, and how they have a Spinning Class available, but to attend it's 30,000 (initiation fee ) + 50,000 a year....which is retarded..... so, does anyone have any knowledge of a spinning class available somewhere else and/or that you can pay per class?

Thanks....

-Matty

What is a Spinning Class? At first I thought you were talking about wool or cotton.

The Landmark near Sukhumvit Soi 4 has fitness membership at about 2000B/month I have been told. I have been there and there is a huge amount of new first class equipment. There is also a room with about 25 stationary bikes, so spinning classes are offered numerous times a week, morning and evening.

a spinning class is a workout class using a stationary bike.. it's pretty intense! I've never sweated so much in my life!!

but anyway if california fitness is too expensive, you can always try fitness first (http://www.fitnessfirst.co.th).. I pay about Bt2000/month and they have 6 locations in bkk. you don't have to sign a contract, so it might be worth a try.

Hi.  I already know about the Regent / 4 Seasons, and how they have a Spinning Class available, but to attend it's 30,000 (initiation fee ) + 50,000 a year....which is retarded..... so, does anyone have any knowledge of a spinning class available somewhere else and/or that you can pay per class?

Thanks....

-Matty

What is a Spinning Class? At first I thought you were talking about wool or cotton.