****warning Thread****

Hi

I can see Chiang Mai have a "hall of shame"

What about to make the same here, any dealers or repair shops to avoid??

Good idea or not?

Good idea. Currently contemplating naming a Honda dealer in BKK!

Can we name and shame petrol stations??

A few weeks ago one put petrol in my pickup truck instead of diesel cost me a fortune to get fixed as the garage took half the engine apart before they worked out what the problem was!

YONTRAKIT BMW!!!!

They <deleted> gave me my car (BMW 7-series) back without my engine cover. Noticed when I got home. Freakin huge V8 plastic engine cover and they say they couldn't find it. Took them 3 MONTHS to get me a new (i.e. used) one with scratches on it). They said it couldn't have been stolen by the mechanics because they check everyday before they leave. Well, then where the hel_l was my engine cover? Bastards. I think I made a death threat somewhere in there before they got me my new one. Still thinking bout going thru with it too.

This is the one behind Chula near the Yontrakit Peugeot service center, which I'm sure is equally brutal.

YONTRAKIT BMW!!!!

They <deleted> gave me my car (BMW 7-series) back without my engine cover. Noticed when I got home. Freakin huge V8 plastic engine cover and they say they couldn't find it. Took them 3 MONTHS to get me a new (i.e. used) one with scratches on it). They said it couldn't have been stolen by the mechanics because they check everyday before they leave. Well, then where the hel_l was my engine cover? Bastards. I think I made a death threat somewhere in there before they got me my new one. Still thinking bout going thru with it too.

This is the one behind Chula near the Yontrakit Peugeot service center, which I'm sure is equally brutal.

Could you please let me know why you felt necessary to mention that it was a BMW 7 series? If the cost of a cover makes you hit the roof, maybe you could sell you 7 series and buy a 5 or 3 series and then not get too upset about buying the cover (which was probably stolen from a mechanic (allegedly, of course) who probably drives a motorcycle! Alternatively, if you still want people to know that this is a 7 series, just buy a cheap car and change the emblem!

YONTRAKIT BMW!!!!

Could you please let me know why you felt necessary to mention that it was a BMW 7 series? If the cost of a cover makes you hit the roof, maybe you could sell you 7 series and buy a 5 or 3 series and then not get too upset about buying the cover (which was probably stolen from a mechanic (allegedly, of course) who probably drives a motorcycle! Alternatively, if you still want people to know that this is a 7 series, just buy a cheap car and change the emblem!

I think he mentioned the 7 series to empathize the point he's paid alot of money for a top quality car, so you'd except the service to be good.

I cannot believe that you would be happy to purchase a new engine cover that was stolen by the dealership no matter what car you own! But i guess in your mind if someone's got money they should just piss it away and not give a sh*t about about stolen stuff?

rethaired: You're a new member so I'll explain:

This is the Motor Forum. We don't brag or show off in here (well, sometimes but it's in good fun -- ahem, corky :D )

We drive cars and trucks ranging from Miras to Gallardos, Rangers to Range Rovers. If Jingjok posts pics of his Diablo we respond with 'cool car,' not 'dude, why do you have to show off your Lambo?!'

I think everybody in our forum would have interpreted my post as dave111223 did, not as you have. If you don't see the reason in that, well.... :o

Had a new aircon system put into my beautiful top of the range,knackered 8 yo hyundai( a joke).

THis was done at ood service on the sukhumvit rd near pattaya thai turnoff.I collected the car,it was moved from the petrol station next to the garage and off i went.A couple of hundred yards down the road i felt the steering was stiff and when i attempted to turn left i nearly crashed the car.Managed to get the car back and as i suspected they gave it to me without power steering fluid.Why they should drain the system god only knows but they did.They said sorry but i felt this was very shoddy and dangerous.

Honda srinakarin.

Took a car in for servicing. Mechanic managed to have an accident. Big paint damage and the repaint they did lasted for just a few months before it started cracking. Took it in for servicing again and the first thing they asked was whether or not the car was from them.