I am looking for a small office (1 room) in the Ramkamheang area.

Maximum 6000 thb per month. We want to register our company there (Limited Partnership) so it should be a commercial building.

Office will not be used on a daily basis. Most of our business is internet based.

We are not looking for a virtual office because as of my latest info it is illegal to register a company at a virtual office. (please let me know if I am wrong)

Thanks,

John

We are not looking for a virtual office because as of my latest info it is illegal to register a company at a virtual office. (please let me know if I am wrong)

As far as we can tell, several service offices have stated this, but our lawyers have found nothing in the laws. When asked, the service offices could not produce the clause where it is illegal. We get visited 3 or five times a week by Thai government officials and they just want to see the name on the door of the company registered and if the registered company has filed VAT, etc. The lawyers or accountants show them what they want to see and that’s it.

We do have a community office area; computer area and meeting room for our clients but NEVER have officials asked to see this. Were positive it was done by service offices to simply sell more.

www.sunbeltasia.com

• 5 years later...

Anyone know how this has this changed in the last 5 years or so?

Apparently a Virtual Office is disallowed for those applying for a work permit/registering VAT, but companies such as Sunbelt/Regus/Servcorp offer what seem to be virtual offices with the addition of office space use with the company name on door etc. Obviously to get round any complications of government visits.

If applying for work permits, would I have to have a physical office I use every day or could I use a Virtual Plus Office?

If anyone has experience in this that would be much appreciated.