Child Benefit

keencenturion

I have a friend who is from the UK,he has two small children together with his Thai wife,they are legally married/registered in Thailand.

He wondered if it was possible to claim Child Benefit from the authorities in the UK,that deal with this situation,and,are there any THAI VISA members in a similar situation,who maybe enlighten him on this subject.

All replies greatfully received.

thanks

KC

I have a friend who is from the UK,he has two small children together with his Thai wife,they are legally married/registered in Thailand.

He wondered if it was possible to claim Child Benefit from the authorities in the UK,that deal with this situation,and,are there any THAI VISA members in a similar situation,who maybe enlighten him on this subject.

All replies greatfully received.

thanks

KC

i looked into this,after hearing about a french national being able to do just that,(claim benefit despite living abroad)i looked into the dwp website,all thru the small print,and i couldn't find anything positive,but,i would love to know someone who has found a way round this,as i've just had no.2 come into the world,and that money would be REALLY handy,as work here has dried up so much,the visa and permits alone cost more than the income. will be watching this thread very closely !!!!

Done it, been there, seen the movie, have the tea shirt.

Parents whose children of UK nationality are living outside of the EEC over a period of 9 weeks no longer qualify for child benefit.

Anyone still receiving child benefit after the 9-week period as mentioned above is claiming money by fraudulent means.

It`s amazing that in many of the threads, it is always a friend in trouble or needs advice, never the actual OPs.

Edited by distortedlink

Parents whose children of UK nationality are living outside of the EEC over a period of 9 weeks no longer qualify for child benefit.

Anyone still receiving child benefit after the 9-week period as mentioned above is claiming money by fraudulent means.

It`s amazing that in many of the threads, it is always a friend in trouble or needs advice, never the actual OPs.

If you were 68 years old as I m Distortedlink,I'm sure you too would be asking the same question as a friend,this OP throws blanks too,so I hardly think I am in a position to have small kids,do you?SOME of us are genuine you know,paranoya comes to mind,!!!!!!

If you read this you'll see that living permanently in Thailand disqualifies you from receiving Child Benefit.

good.

if you cant afford to bring children up then dont have them in the first place and then expect someone else to foot the bill.

first thing any brit does when hes short of a bob or two , is pop down the benefit office and see what freebies are available , never crosses their benefit dependant minds to go and look for gainful employmet , or in the posters case to get out of his hammock and back to blighty and actually work for 6 months.

Edited by taxexile

• 1 year later...
If you read this you'll see that living permanently in Thailand disqualifies you from receiving Child Benefit.

good.

if you cant afford to bring children up then dont have them in the first place and then expect someone else to foot the bill.

first thing any brit does when hes short of a bob or two , is pop down the benefit office and see what freebies are available , never crosses their benefit dependant minds to go and look for gainful employmet , or in the posters case to get out of his hammock and back to blighty and actually work for 6 months.

taxexile ..as in Tax Exile as in don't pay tax. Whats it to you. Its not as if they're claiming from the money you contribute is it? :)

good.

taxexile ..as in Tax Exile as in don't pay tax. Whats it to you. Its not as if they're claiming from the money you contribute is it? :)

:D what is it they say about casting the first stone?

good.

a friend of mine could get it living in America as for taxexile if your entitled to it why not take it its far better going to the people who have paid in to it , than the Poles working in England and sending it back to there Family's how come they can get it ?, and its 1000 times bettere than giving it all to the Somali,s

Same in Australia

All child benifits stop when you leave the country.