Westerner Interested In Thai Foreign Exchange Student

buzzin

Well she has moved home. It was rather strange leading up to that event b/c she basically stopped returning my calls and we stopped going out to eat or to the movies. I continued to try to keep in touch, but no luck. I like to think she wanted to distance herself so it wouldn't be so depressing for her when she left, but that may not be the case. Who knows, maybe she just decided she wasn't into me anymore. I still am hopeful, but also realistic. I guess its back to the drawing board. Sucks, because during the course of my normal week, I'm lucky if I notice a couple girls I find attractive. It takes me several months to a year to find an attractive girl that is single, and another year to find an attractive single girl that likes me too. Sometimes I wish I lived two hundred years ago when women NEEDED men. Gets lonely and cold at night without a companion and friend. I guess that's why everyone ends up settling for something they don't really want... :o

Lot of Thai(s) I know don't want to be the presenter of bad news, so they would rather avoid it than deal with the issue. I'm sure this is the case with the bird you were dating... :o

Hmm, I never thought of it that way, but I think you're exactly right. The way she broke the news of going home definitely fits the bill of avoidance of the issue/not bearing bad news. I can understand why someone would want to take that approach, though personally I would have handled it a bit differently. I hope to give her the space she needs and maybe in a few months she will be ready to talk again. I foresee a trip to Thailand in my future... :D