Cambodian Business Visa Question

Gday,

if I am on an oz passport and I cross the border into cambodia from either Thailand or Vietnam can I get the Business visa at the border?

OR: should I apply for the business visa in 'backpacker ville' (Koh san road) in BKK before I head off?

thanks

tim

Gday,

if I am on an oz passport and I cross the border into cambodia from either Thailand or Vietnam can I get the Business visa at the border?

OR: should I apply for the business visa in 'backpacker ville' (Koh san road) in BKK before I head off?

thanks

tim

When you go to the border,and fill out the application forms for the visa,you simply write "business" instead of "tourist" in the box asking which type of visa you want.There is no supporting documentation required.The visa is a single entry valid for a month.You then apply for an extension for a period of 6 or 12 months in Phnom Penh.I used an agent to do this,it cost a few dollars more,but saved a lot of hassle.I can't remember the exact cost,I think for 6 months it was about 180USD and 280USD for 12 months,the initial one month visa is 25USD instead of 20USD for the tourist visa.The 6 or 12 month business visa is multiple entry

Gday,

thanks

tim

When you go to the border,and fill out the application forms for the visa,you simply write "business" instead of "tourist" in the box asking which type of visa you want.There is no supporting documentation required.The visa is a single entry valid for a month.You then apply for an extension for a period of 6 or 12 months in Phnom Penh.I used an agent to do this,it cost a few dollars more,but saved a lot of hassle.I can't remember the exact cost,I think for 6 months it was about 180USD and 280USD for 12 months,the initial one month visa is 25USD instead of 20USD for the tourist visa.The 6 or 12 month business visa is multiple entry

thanks for your advice. As long as it is definitely possible at the border. cheers tim

I have been told the business visa is NOT available at the land crossing.

ONLY at the airport

$25 is correct $275 thru an agent in Cambodia for 1 year and a 6 month and 12 mnonth is multi entry while anything less is not.

Gop tot he Cambodian embassy in Bangkok if ur not flying in, why pay at khao san?? A 1 month busienss visa can be extended in Cambodia

Edited by phuketrichard

When you go to the border,and fill out the application forms for the visa,you simply write "business" instead of "tourist" ...
I have been told the business visa is NOT available at the land crossing.

Rather conflicting information - and what gets ThaiVisa.com a bad reputation.

Lekathai, are you speaking from PERSONAL experience? :D

Phuketrichartd, WHO told you? :o

Tdayvidst, bottom line is: why don't you just go along to the Cambodian embassy in BKK and ask them yourself? You could then come back here and give us all some factual info :D

Business visa is available at Poipet border. Official cost is US$25 but be prepared to pay more to the very greedy and corrupt immigration officials. My tourist visa just recently cost Baht 1,000 versus the official US$20.