Faarang Cops On Samui..

Forang police ha ha ha. They are not hear to help the tourist they are to help the tourist police. come on they have a bage that says tourist police. they help gather information about other forangs then shop them to the police. Police then nick them and they play good cop out of good cop bad cop sinario. That is my view dunno if it is shared by others or will get deleted. i never know on here if i am going to get deleted or banned.

oh well wish me luck hope so see u lot for the next thread. whoosh i am gone

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forang police ha ha ha. They are not hear to help the tourist they are to help the tourist police. come on they have a bage that says tourist police. they help gather information about other forangs then shop them to the police. Police then nick them and they play good cop out of good cop bad cop sinario. That is my view dunno if it is shared by others or will get deleted. i never know on here if i am going to get deleted or banned.

Sorry, but do you have any evidence of this accusation or is it just your opinion?

Not important to me, SJ. But it is to you. I know its true. Go look it up yourself. As for me, I need to do the dishes now.

And I really don't have a need to follow your orders. Good day.

Edited by Jimjim

Sorry, but do you have any evidence of this accusation or is it just your opinion?

do you really think he has evidence of this??

we discuss this thread once every few months when some new poster is surprised to see farrangs in police uniforms.

As in this thread some are pro some are negative and some are just plain rude... :o

while we will debate this a few more days and maybe again in the future the volunteers will be out there every day helping and assisting the tourist police and the tourists. at least some farrangs here are actually doing something to make this a better place and not just posting on TV.

love your new aviatar... :D

Ok, if you read this story it pretty much proves my point. One lone man in the government saying volunteers should have work permits and the others in the government saying it doesn't matter and they certainly wouldn't bother to do do any arresting. Yes, it's a different case but shows the general attitude. Unless you have any proof to say otherwise, I would say that those tourist police volunteers will be fine as long as they keep their heads about them.

Click here

One lone man in the government saying volunteers should have work permits and the others in the government saying it doesn't matter and they certainly wouldn't bother to do do any arresting.

Quite interesting how you interpreted that article to come the conclusions you did... :o:D.... but to each his own and in the end it's noteworthy that you at least made the effort to validate your claims instead of telling others to validate your claims for you.

Edited by sriracha john

At least a portion of BigC's contentions can be evidenced by the undercover operations that some of the foreign police volunteers have been involved in. They certainly weren't giving directions to a good restaurant or pointing out where the public restrooms are to confused and newly arrived tourists. They were acting as buyers of sex in some cases and purchasers of drugs in others.... with both situations ending up with the regular police arresting foreigners.

Edited by sriracha john

Give me a break. And please share with us any evidence that the government is worried about foreign police volunteers. It's not to each his own. It's just reason. And no reason suggests anyone in the government is worried about it. Only you are, quite frankly. But keep your informing fight up.

Edited by Jimjim

Well my opinion is based on the fact that they wear uniforms that say in big writing Tourist police. Now in my experience a policeman who is working undercover will not advertise that they are that fact .they would give a spin and prentend they are trying to help you. am i aloud to give my opinion based on fact because is it a fact that the t.p's are here to only assist forangs? i would check on there website but i might have to buy a new computer due to the fact that there is a virus on there site. :o

do you really think he has evidence of this??

we discuss this thread once every few months when some new poster is surprised to see farrangs in police uniforms.

As in this thread some are pro some are negative and some are just plain rude... :o

while we will debate this a few more days and maybe again in the future the volunteers will be out there every day helping and assisting the tourist police and the tourists. at least some farrangs here are actually doing something to make this a better place and not just posting on TV.

love your new aviatar... :D

everybody has there own version of a better place most of us came here to escape the madness of strict policed country's where u cannot breath without getting arrested. so it is no wonder we a bit sensitive to people of our own kind turning up here in police uniforms.

this is a fact if i have any trouble of any kind i will not be crying out for a tourist police officer :D

don't worry they can't do nothing exept help the police. they are just do good community people who prabably never had the bottle to do what they wanted in thier own country so they though they might try it over here. i sore one directing traffic once. everyone was just ignoring him ha ha :o

well thats abit crap mate, these guy are only trying to help people. I think thats very Galant of them.

you would never catch me wearing those uniforms though. for fear of looking like a <deleted>.

well they intimidate me. if they really want to help people why not work for the hospital or samui rescue. they just want to feel hard in a uniform :D

don't worry they can't do nothing exept help the police. they are just do good community people who prabably never had the bottle to do what they wanted in thier own country so they though they might try it over here. i sore one directing traffic once. everyone was just ignoring him ha ha :o

well thats abit crap mate, these guy are only trying to help people. I think thats very Galant of them.

you would never catch me wearing those uniforms though. for fear of looking like a <deleted>.

well they intimidate me. if they really want to help people why not work for the hospital or samui rescue. they just want to feel hard in a uniform :D

Wow, well I suppose your honest. I think that this might provide a better insight into your psychology than theirs though.

well they intimidate me. if they really want to help people why not work for the hospital or samui rescue.

So foreign tourists who for example are having a dispute with a local (shopkeeper/taxi driver/etc) should go to the hospital and ask for a volunteer nurse? Yeah, right.

If you can be intimidated by these touist cops you must be afraid to even leave your home. I'm surprised you even risk posting here. You know they are reading this, right?

If they are, I wish they'd come on and answer some questions like the other volunteer police have done in other threads.

You sound like a right fanatic. If you want to go on a crusade would you not be better picking on a more worthwhile target? There are plenty of them in Thailand. What about the western guys running girly-bars without work permits? or people selling drugs? I am sure you can find a more worthwhile target for your dedication/fanaticism.

Edited by garro

If they are, I wish they'd come on and answer some questions like the other volunteer police have done in other threads.

You sound like a right fanatic. If you want to go on a crusade would you not be better picking on a more worthwhile target. There are plenty of them in Thailand. What about the western guys running girly-bars without work permits? or people selling drugs? or missionaries, without work permits, going around seeking converts .I am sure you can find a more worthwhile target for your dedication/fanaticism.

You over-dramatize the situation. I'd simply like ask the Samui cops to explain themselves. The Pattaya and Chiang Mai ones did so rather openly the last few threads. It's not a crusade, but I do see the irony of police working illegally. I'm surprised you don't. Girly bar owners and drug dealers are not nearly so ironic that they would be working illegally. Still, in the end that's merely the sideshow as it's mainly about information dissemination.. so every time you bump the thread and prompts more views, then hopefully the wider this issue of volunteering and work permits is known.

Edited by sriracha john

well they intimidate me. if they really want to help people why not work for the hospital or samui rescue.

So foreign tourists who for example are having a dispute with a local (shopkeeper/taxi driver/etc) should go to the hospital and ask for a volunteer nurse? Yeah, right.

If you can be intimidated by these touist cops you must be afraid to even leave your home. I'm surprised you even risk posting here. You know they are reading this, right?

YEAH, I overheard them talking about "getting" Big C soon! :D they know where u live. :o

You sound like a right fanatic. If you want to go on a crusade would you not be better picking on a more worthwhile target. There are plenty of them in Thailand. What about the western guys running girly-bars without work permits? or people selling drugs? or missionaries, without work permits, going around seeking converts .I am sure you can find a more worthwhile target for your dedication/fanaticism.

You over-dramatize the situation. I'd simply like ask the Samui cops to explain themselves. The Pattaya and Chiang Mai ones did so rather openly the last few threads. It's not a crusade, but I do see the irony of police working illegally. I'm surprised you don't. Girly bar owners and drug dealers are not nearly so ironic that they would be working illegally. Still, in the end that's merely the sideshow as it's mainly about information dissemination.. so every time you bump the thread and prompts more views, then hopefully the wider this issue of volunteering and work permits is known.

Maybe I am being over-dramatic, but your argument just seems silly to me. Could you imagine the loss of face that would be involved in a volunteer policeman being deported for not having a work permit? It would make Thailand a laughing stock and is never going to happen. Your argument just sounds nit-picking to me, and I can't imagine many volunteer police handing in their badge and water-pistol because of it.

Maybe I am being over-dramatic, but your argument just seems silly to me. Could you imagine the loss of face that would be involved in a volunteer policeman being deported for not having a work permit? It would make Thailand a laughing stock and is never going to happen. Your argument just sounds nit-picking to me, and I can't imagine many volunteer police handing in their badge and water-pistol because of it.

News Flash... Thailand is pegged as a laughing stock on a fairly routine basis.

The loss of face would not really be on the regular police. They could easily twist things and put the blame on the foreigners (as is so often the case in many other situations). It's a lot easier for them to shift that blame if their volunteers don't have work permits to protect themselves by stating that they had inadvertently been working illegally. They plead ignorance of another Ministry's regulations or a whole host of other lame explanations. Meanwhile the foreigners are removed from the country. A bad cop such as the wanted criminal who was a volunteer as detailed near the beginning of the thread... a foreign volunteer caught up in some shady shenanigans on his own... the multitude of scenarios is almost endless... and the next thing anyone knows, the whole house of cards comes tumbling down. John Karr and the impact on the teacher situation in Thailand is a ready example. That case was also an example of Thailand being made out as a laughing stock. To your end comment, various police volunteers have quit the force for one reason or another (and perhaps the work permit issue was involved to some degree in their decision)... with the Samui poster in this thread as a ready example of that. The dissemination of information has impacted some people with posters deciding not to volunteer afterall in other threads.

So to that end, this has been a worthwhile effort.

Edited by sriracha john

well, this thread has, like all the ones before, run its course.

SJ is assuming that the Samui volunteers are being used by the police in a similar manner as the Pattaya ones.

My understanding, from a very good source is that the Samui volunteers are unpaid translators with the

advantage of a little local knowledge. The uniforms are there for the tourists to see. A tourist will feel more comfortable approaching them then some total stranger.

In the light that this thread, like the others, has degenerated into baseless accusations

///CLOSED///