Decent Western Breakfast Near Wangcombe Hotel ?

Krub

Yes for a while the big one was my "hungover breakfast" until I realized my 108 kilos was in a linear proportion to how many times I visited the Old Dutch. But the food is good and I remember when it first opened and had its Friday Special: New Zealand Mussels in white wine. Yum yum!

Yes for a while the big one was my "hungover breakfast" until I realized my 108 kilos was in a linear proportion to how many times I visited the Old Dutch. But the food is good and I remember when it first opened and had its Friday Special: New Zealand Mussels in white wine. Yum yum!

Hmmm, wish I'd read this before my recent 5 days up there.

Stayed at Golden Triangle Inn near the city centre (odd name for its location, what?). Nice people, pleasant air con rooms and western loo en suite for 750b per night. Off-road parking too. But, as ever, they had NO idea what a western breakfast should be, nor how to make tea.

The young lady was perplexed when I refused to make tea in the restaurant with the luke warm water provided. Liptons is bad enough at any time, but without boiling water? Yeeeeuchhh!

Go straight to The Legend on the river if your budget allows. Excellent in every way with a Swiss GM who really knows his stuff.

Apart from that, what is there to attract people to Chiang Rai city? I've been looking, on and off, for years. What happened to the disastrous Indian restaurant I read about here many moons ago?

Apart from that, what is there to attract people to Chiang Rai city? I've been looking, on and off, for years.

The fact that you have kept coming back over the years must answer your question to some extent.

I've never really been a tourist here, I came here to see someone and stayed to live.

Residents tend to look at things differently to tourists.

However I see a lot of tourists, young and old, who all seem to be enjoying themselves.

both Chat guest house and Chiang guest house are good for western style breakfasts.

they're casual, decent price, though they're not downtown per se.

Chat is easier to find, as it's down the alley that T's off the west side of Overbrook Hospital. the alley has a big featureless temple wall on the left. Chat g.h. is just 50 yards on the right. pleasant outdoor or semi-indoor places to sit - same as Chian.

Chian is a bit harder to find, so ask around. Both places understand farang propensities, so they won't add MSG and other questionable condiments.