Another Brit Died In Road Accident

bratpack

Briton killed in Thailand crash

_44773156_pattaya226.jpg The accident happened in the Thai resort of Pattaya

A 26-year-old British woman has been killed in a hit-and-run collision in Thailand, the Foreign Office has said.

Jennifer Burden, originally from Airth near Falkirk, was holidaying in Pattaya when she was hit by a car and died on 16 June.

"We are providing consular assistance and an investigation is ongoing to trace the driver," a Foreign Office spokesman said.

He said there were currently no further details about the accident.

Former colleagues paid tribute to Miss Burden, who had worked for a Nottingham-based IT firm.

Her former boss Karle Dukes told the Daily Record newspaper: "Jennifer was always very lively. She was the life and soul of the party. "She was just a typical vibrant young woman who got on well with her clients and colleagues."

Did anybody else hear about this tragedy or has it been hushed up.It is certainly the first i have heard about it and i always look up the news in Thailand.As usual the driver didnt stop,so to me this is manslaughter

r.i.p

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7476666.stm

I know it definitely happened from one of foreigners helping out at the police station.

Was also wondering why it never showed up in the news.

Apparently she bled to death.

Wish more people would get basic CPR training. Stopping or at least reducing blood loss from a severed artery is not hard to do (unless you faint when seeing blood of course)...

The OP states "originally from Airth near Falkirk" Falkirk is in Scotland

My confusion comes from the OP saying a "British woman" and confess to my lack of knowledge of the use of both terms being correct. Sorry.

I know it definitely happened from one of foreigners helping out at the police station.

Was also wondering why it never showed up in the news.

Apparently she bled to death.

Wish more people would get basic CPR training. Stopping or at least reducing blood loss from a severed artery is not hard to do (unless you faint when seeing blood of course)...

How exactly will CPR (Cardio Pulminary Resucitation) training help stop blood loss????

It feels to me life in Thailand is not too "secure" in the way that life can be taken away at any moment, any time.

One long holiday, the death can be 500-1000 people (mostly due to drunk and drive accident). This is un-imaginable back in home town. Every morning when you open up a news paper you see at least have one to two people got killed in one way or another. Since I worked here in Thailand 3 years ago, there were 3 people in our factory dead by car accident/gun shot.... and much more of the family of our factory workers.

If they would post every accident/murder/kill/death happened on any particular day, I think they won't have any space left for anything else. It's scary to think about, but it's life.

Hope this woman rest in peace.

I wonder why this hasnt been on the news here in Thailand??????

We here so much trivial stuff on the news then something so tragic happens and all quiet on the eatern front.

My thoughts with the famile

rip

Another example of farang being of no interest,. :o

How exactly will CPR (Cardio Pulminary Resucitation) training help stop blood loss????

Sorry, should have said proper first aid training, of which obviously CPR is an important part.

Then again, I haven't seen much people properly knowing CPR who are not trained in the other first aid routines :o

Briton Killed in Road Accident - does not imply murder. Sorry. Perfectly acceptable.

Of course now we have 3 separate threads running on this story.

It said "Briton killed, another hushed up story"!

I added the road accident part!