The Long Table

anthonyu

• 4 months later...
Has anyone been the the Lone Table recently?

Is it worth checking out?

its great for late night hanging out especially if you can snag a table outside, food im not so sure but the lounge is good if your into that kind of scene

The three responses above pretty much nail it. It suffers from the "trendy hot spot" curse of being all hat and no cattle. It's an okay place to grab a drink outside with an okay view if you're stuck in traffic on Asok, but it doesn't have the crowd, the cachet or the view that other competing panoramic venues offer and that, frankly, is the kind of thing you're paying for when you pay 400 THB for a drink at a hotel bar/restaurant of this particular variety. The food is acceptable, but hardly worth the money, the staff are friendly when you approach them, but neither attentive nor on par with the prices, and I doubt it'll be around for very long in its current iteration. At the least I won't be back for any reason. If I'm dragging visitors out for an expensive evening drink outdoors with some ambience and a view of the city then the Banyan Tree, even with the spread-too-thin staff and the sparse seating, is a much better bet in my opinion.

• 8 months later...
Last night, my Singaporean friend wanted to go there.

About 30% of tables occupied, mostly by farangs with "working" girls (or what seemed to be "working" girls anyway).

Dunno if that's your type or not.

Cheers.

farangs were sitting with the waitresses? Perhaps I will check it out again then. Kinda reminds me of that no-hands place in Silom, but in this case it would be no brains.