Wireless Internet Or Other Options

Nowhereman60

We are building a home just outside of Ratchaburi and I just got told that TOT does not have phone lines in our area, this shocked me because the house is in development of about 20 homes. My question is any options to get Internet service i.e. Wireless. If this helps we currently have a true vision satellite in our old home and plan to install it in are new home.

Hi

Try CAT CDMA EV-DO modem i just bought the new one called CCU 680. cost is 11.000 and then 850 a months.

Download Speed: 1224 kbps (153 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 161 kbps (20.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Hi

Try CAT CDMA EV-DO modem i just bought the new one called CCU 680. cost is 11.000 and then 850 a months.

Download Speed: 1224 kbps (153 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 161 kbps (20.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

But do you get decent speeds accessing servers outside Thailand? My "up to 2 Mbps" TOT service often produces OK speeds when tested against a BKK server but right now it's struggling to reach 5 kb/s on a download from a US source. If I could be confident that download speeds would consistantly reach anywhere near what you're mentioning, I'd sign up in a heartbeat and dump my UBC subscription to pay for the extra internet cost. I haven't been able to view a uTube video for months either.

HI

This is to San Francisco

Download Speed: 1262 kbps (157.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 267 kbps (33.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Seattle

Download Speed: 1853 kbps (231.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 505 kbps (63.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

New York City

Last Result:

Download Speed: 1426 kbps (178.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 471 kbps (58.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

What do you think??

Edited by HDRIDER

Guys, I need a solid, the best available, internet connection.

I would be living in Chiang Mai.

Any suggestions ? The connection always being available is the thing i need most.

I am happy to pay for a more solid connection. I am computer iliterate so please spell it out simply for me.

I get confused with all the options. T.O.T. Cat, IDSN.

Which is the best or who should i speak too please ???

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

HI

This is to San Francisco

Download Speed: 1262 kbps (157.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 267 kbps (33.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Seattle

Download Speed: 1853 kbps (231.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 505 kbps (63.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

New York City

Last Result:

Download Speed: 1426 kbps (178.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 471 kbps (58.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

What do you think??

Thanks for the info - that looks very promising. I'll go talk to CAT today.

marcusmarsh, There's a thread on the CM forum that might be of help. You need to be more specific about your intended usage to make the best choice - want to watch TV, download (legal) movies, just do email and surf? This option looks promising and will be the other one I'll check out. All the phone line ADSL connections are hot and miss, depending on where you live, contention ratio (how many people in your area online at the same time), the time of day etc. That said, disappointing as I am finding my TOT service at the moment, it's available virtually all the time (average 6 hours down per month) so if you don't need the speed....

Edited by Greenside

• 1 year later...

You can always use your mobile phone to connect to the internet; if you can make phone calls - then you can surf the net.

It's very slow of course. But it is is fast enough to use the thaivisa forum and - what more do you need ?

After years of trouble with the lines of TOT then Maxnet I moved to CAT CMDA wireless and I've got the best internet ever ! Their are no limits you can do everything like fast downloading, watching online TV etc. First time you pay 7.000b for the usb stick then 700 a month.

Maxnet is big crap (in my region) and their former callcenter 1103 are a bunch of unprofessional buffalows who not understand their job. The same for the callcenter from TOT, nothing but false promises when you need their service. The new callcenter seems to be better but I left already.

For northern Thailand (above Ajutaja) CAT runs the CMDA, below it is done by Hutch.

note:

CMDA is not the same as GPRS internet via a simcard (via phone or not) because GPRS sends bytes in packages so you don't have a constant stream that you need for eg VOIP calls and Youtube, also for downloading films not useful.

With CMDA wireless you'll get a permanent connection of 300mb and more.

Edited by ManilaLover