Learning Thai Massage

twisty

Hi

Im interested in learing traditional thai massage. Ive heard there are many courses available in Bangkok. I live in Koh samui but I have been told Bangkok is the place to do it. Can anyone recommend one for me? Are there courses that are more recognised as having a qualification at the end of the course than others?

I appreciate any help

Thank you.

Guest Reimar

Wat Poo, near to the Grand Palace and Sanam Luang.

It's the old traditional scholl for Thai Massage. There courses available include for Foreigners.

Cheers.

you can do thai massage course anywhere in thailand - even some 30h course gives you the basis to do 1h treatment, if you are already a massage therapist. On top of thai massage it's worth to do thai herbal massage and foot massage - each 10-15h. If you are not a massage therapist and are thinking about that carrier, than you need some longer 60h course and still you would have to do at least swedish massage, anathomy and physiology at your home country to get a professional insurance and a membership of massage association.

after some time of practicing the basic skills you can progress to the advance level and that give you only the larger schools, like wat pho in bangkok or several schools in chang mai. As to wat pho school than recently they merged with the long established, government assiciated massage school in nonthaburi, where there are groups in thai, and branched out to Salaya campus (on the west outskirts of bangkok, by Puthamonton). This campus has a better teaching conditions as well is cheaper than studying in the wat pho itself.

Hi

Im interested in learing traditional thai massage. Ive heard there are many courses available in Bangkok. I live in Koh samui but I have been told Bangkok is the place to do it. Can anyone recommend one for me? Are there courses that are more recognised as having a qualification at the end of the course than others?

I appreciate any help

Thank you.

Actually Chiang Mai is the place to do it, many good schools with government-approved certification and course fees tend to be lower than in Bangkok. The best in CM, in my opinion, is the Old Medicine Hospital.