Animal Welfare In Ranong?

Hi All

Does anybody know if there is an animal welfare society or animal rescue service in the Ranong area?

If so please help. I returned from a Visa Run yesterday. We went to Burma via the Club Andaman Pier and saw a female puppy in a shocking state. She has already had puppies (being a puppy herself) is painfully thin and starving. She also has a wound on her right back hip. Looks like she was kicked or hit by a vehicle. She hangs around the parking area and is in desperate need of some help.

Hope that somebody out there in the Ranong area can help this poor puppy. If so please feel welcome to PM me for details.

Hi All

Does anybody know if there is an animal welfare society or animal rescue service in the Ranong area?

If so please help. I returned from a Visa Run yesterday. We went to Burma via the Club Andaman Pier and saw a female puppy in a shocking state. She has already had puppies (being a puppy herself) is painfully thin and starving. She also has a wound on her right back hip. Looks like she was kicked or hit by a vehicle. She hangs around the parking area and is in desperate need of some help.

Hope that somebody out there in the Ranong area can help this poor puppy. If so please feel welcome to PM me for details.

Hi Chantal,

Not too long ago, Canadian news stations had aired information on an animal rescue group in Thailand. This is their website: www.scadbangkok.org

I'm sure they will be able to help and that they will have many connections. Good Luck!

hate to be pessimistic but what you seen is nothing.......... hang around awhile longer in Ranong and you will see animals and humans in a far worse state. Its always been like this, day in and day out and so after awhile they become desensitized and dont really care

As far as I know there are no animal rescue centres here but there is the occasional woman who drives around to feed the strays rice leftovers......... TIT

JAF

Have to agree with you JAF - I have over the years seen some dreadful sights there in Ranong. It is a pity that there is no welfare society there.

Also Dianne - I tried to send a message to scadbangkok but the link on their website is broken.

anyone who feels for these poor creatures please don't look away or expect others to jump in to help, they won't. please don't go away without action, please pick them up and help. it takes so little time, effort and money to rescue such a poor life and make a happy animal out of it. you will get so much love and a wonderful and thankful companion in return for a little effort. don't buy your pet at the market or from shops, pick it from the street! there is plenty of them waiting for a home, for a touch, for some food, for a loving hand to comfort them... there are too many out there.

please do it and make at least one feel that it is alive and that its life is worth something.

anyone who has a heart and feels for these animals can rescue one or more.

Edited by elfe

Have to agree with you JAF - I have over the years seen some dreadful sights there in Ranong. It is a pity that there is no welfare society there.

Also Dianne - I tried to send a message to scadbangkok but the link on their website is broken.

Hi Chantal,

I hope this is okay, I've opened up the web page and copied and pasted what I have found for contacts.

logo_sub.png

• <LI class=SAW_TopNav_Light>
  • spacer.gif

SCAD is a Member Society of

wspa.jpg

Contact Us

To avoid spam we do not have our email addresses listed online.

Please contact us via the details below or use the conact form below.

SCAD c/o ReTails Too

289 Pridi Phanomyong Soi 42, Sukhumvit 71, Prakanong, Wattana, Bangkok 10110

SCAD does not run a shelter for the permanent housing of animals; hence we do not publicise our Health Centre address to avoid the abandonment of cats and dogs at our gates.

ReTails Store

Ground Floor, Shop 195/1

Lake Rajada Office Complex

193-195 Rachadapisek Road

Klong Toey, Bangkok 10110

Tel +66 (0) 89661 0230

ReTails Too

289 Pridi Phanomyong Soi 42

Sukhumvit 71

Prakanong, Wattana

Bangkok 10110

Tel +66 (0) 22713 3354

Cat/Dog Adoptions within Thailand

Wendy Edney Contact Wendy

Adoption Programme Manager

Dog Adoptions Overseas

Carrie Pinnow (based in China)

Contact Carrie

Three Muttketeers

Sponsorship Programme

Teng Wong Contact Teng

SCAD Webmistress

Leanne Gryga

Contact Leanne

Thailand Tails Newsletter

Editor: This position is currently vacant! Contact us to volunteer as editor.

Contact Billie

Homeless & Sick Dogs Funding Association (HSDFA)

Khun Theerasak Mobile +66 (0) 83166 6129

Online Contact Form

Please use the form below to contact us or email

info.png

Name * Subject *E-mail Address *Message * How did you hear about SCAD? * RequiredContact | Events | News | Links | Photo Gallery | Sitemap | Home

© 2008 SCAD Bangkok. Website design and maintenance donated by FluidKoncepts. Website hosting by KonceptHosting. All original artwork, design and layout on this website has been created for use bySCAD Bangkok (Thailand). All text and photos found on this website are © SCAD Bangkok (Thailand). Text, photos and/or artwork from this site may only be used with the express written permission of Sheridan Conisbee, founder of SCAD.