Which Airline?

Kaez

Hi,

If you had to choose between Cathey or Eva for a long haul, what one would you go for? The issue is that the last time I flew Cathey, the seats were really really small and uncomfortable. But maybe that was because of the fare booking? Not sure. And I have never flew Eva. Thanks

I flew Eva to the USA and back recently. The seat width and entertainment are fine but 1 problem I have with EVA is that food and drink trolleys are in short supply. We went 12 hours almost without a trolley after dinner and before breakfast. It is OK to ask for snacks and drinks but that's not the same to me - I like lots of trolleying. I like the online seat selection and airmiles with EVA. I don't have much experience with Cathay, but if I had a choice all being equal I would probably choose Cathay.

Hi,

If you had to choose between Cathey or Eva for a long haul, what one would you go for? The issue is that the last time I flew Cathey, the seats were really really small and uncomfortable. But maybe that was because of the fare booking? Not sure. And I have never flew Eva. Thanks

I've flown both to the U.S. multiple times.

I prefer Cathay Pacific.

CX new business class is very very good. And their new economy class / seats / IFE is the industry leader if you ask me. Especially when the inconsiderate Bas in front puts there seat fully back during the meal service. Has no effect on your personal space in the new CX Economy.

Edited by dekka007

EVA's Evergreen Deluxe and even economy seats are OK.... I'm a tall guy, and I can do both, particularly by snagging an emergency exit row with its added legroom. Though I'd say the added price for the Evergreen Deluxe, assuming you're not using miles and actually paying, isn't worth the supposed upgrade. There's virtually no difference in the attendant service/food levels provided -- though the seats are a little larger and more comfortable.

I've never flown Cathay...mainly because every time I check for my BKK to LAX route, Cathay's layover times and resulting total trip times in hours are FAR longer than comparable EVA flights. And that's a detail that matters...unless one has no concern about how quickly they reach their destination.

EVA is not spectacular, but they are reliable and pretty consistent. In my experience, your flight experience time after time is likely to be pretty constant. And, they do have some reasonably pleasant flight attendants, both Taiwanese and Thai on their BKK flights.... if you can ever find one.