Is Hh The Sunniest Area In Thailand?

dude123

I lived on the beach for 12 months at Hua Hin. I did not notice the six-month dry, sunny season that I enjoy in Chiang Mai, as I did in Central America. But at 14 degrees from the Equator, you are talking skin-cancer bright, anyway.

Good enough for me then! Looking forward to going there. Thanks!

I ask this because I have been following HH weather on the internet for about 2 months now and see nothing

but clouds most of the time :o Is it just a sales pitch about HH being the sunniest area in Thailand?

I can't find any figures for the 'sunshine hours' but if you go onto the Thai meterological site at http://www.tmd.go.th/en then you can look at the 'climate' record and you will find that Hua-Hin has got the lowest rainfall (313.5mm) for the records upto now for the year as against the highest at Phliu Agromet (2455.3mm) - this is on the East coast.

Think that this gives you some idea of the weather in this area.

We have only been living here in HH for some 18 months and I would reckon that if you live here you would not complain about the amount of sunshine - my wife loves it when the sun DOESN'T shine and it gets a bit cooler, as it has been for the past week or so, when we have had some light rain which the gardens needed very badly. We are now coming into the rainy season Aug/Sept and then it will tail off again and probably have no rain from the end of Nov until May. The average temp hovers about the 90F mark most of the year and even at night the lowest that you will probably see is around 75F.

Hua- Hin is reckoned to have some of the best quality of Air in Thailand as the prevailing winds come from the East/South east for most of the year and therefore come overland from Burma with no smog/muck. Maybe some other posters will have more info as to some other sites, that will give you more detailed info re the weather etc. Hope this has been some help.

Obviously - avoid holidaying in the rainy season and come from Mid Nov onwards until March if you want the sunshine.

Hope that you enjoy HH when you come, even if it is for just a holiday.

Thank you cheshiremusicman! Good info there. Where I live we rarely see the sun and it can get depressing at times, so the more sun the better.

Hi there 'dude123', you will definitely not get depressed living in HH. Good place to live, I also came from a dismal climate that really got you down at times. Here you 'just might' get fed-up of TOO much sunshine, but I doubt it!

Hi there 'dude123', you will definitely not get depressed living in HH. Good place to live, I also came from a dismal climate that really got you down at times. Here you 'just might' get fed-up of TOO much sunshine, but I doubt it!

Hi cheshiremusicman, too much sunshine is a porblem I could deal with :o