Looking For A Thai Drum

joed3181

Hello. I am trying to locate a traditional thai drum. I want to purchase one and give it as a gift to a blind thai person. I will be staying in Jomtien until the end of August. Anyone got any idea where I can locate a drum and the price range I should expect to pay. Thanks in advance.

From Jomtien, head up Thepprasit road to the junction with Sukhumwit. Directly opposite the junction (ie, on the east side of Sukhumwit) there is a music shop - Suriya Music. Don't know if they have traditional drums, but they might be able to head you in the right direction if they don't.

From Jomtien, head up Thepprasit road to the junction with Sukhumwit. Directly opposite the junction (ie, on the east side of Sukhumwit) there is a music shop - Suriya Music. Don't know if they have traditional drums, but they might be able to head you in the right direction if they don't.

Your advice was excellent. I found the Music Store and they actually had what I was looking for. Thanks for your help.

Hello. I am trying to locate a traditional thai drum. I want to purchase one and give it as a gift to a blind thai person. I will be staying in Jomtien until the end of August. Anyone got any idea where I can locate a drum and the price range I should expect to pay. Thanks in advance.

You should read Peter Lloyd's column in the latest edition of Pattaya Today. By giving this blind person a drum he may go the same way as his 'friend' in Chiang Mai and enter into quite a lucrative business. :o