Christmas Dinner In Bkk

Blake7

Correct. all the hotels will offer their version of the christmas lunch /dinner at an appropriate cost of course.

Also all of the farang bars/ restaurants serving farnag food will offer something as well.

For hotels I would recommend JW Marriott and The Landmark as offering good value. I a sure that other psoters could suggest others.

As for restaurants check now with yoyur favorite place as most are sure to offer something along the lines of a Christmas meal.

Correct. all the hotels will offer their version of the christmas lunch /dinner at an appropriate cost of course.

Also all of the farang bars/ restaurants serving farnag food will offer something as well.

For hotels I would recommend JW Marriott and The Landmark as offering good value. I a sure that other psoters could suggest others.

As for restaurants check now with yoyur favorite place as most are sure to offer something along the lines of a Christmas meal.

Were you in a rush typing your post? Slowdown... Christmas is only next month.

Explorer :o

If you are referring to my wonderful typing skills then the answer would be no not really. This is what comes of having all thumbs and no fingers and not being bothered to check before sending

Were you in a rush typing your post? Slowdown... Christmas is only next month.

Explorer :o

Has anyone got any advice on where to go for a slap-up Christmas lunch. Presumably some of the fnacy hotels will put something on? I will be spending the festive season in Bangkok as no chance to get away so any advice appreciated.

Forget the hotels. Expensive and very, very average on the whole. Mostly Thais go to the overpriced buffets those places organize for the holidays in order to show their friends how international (and rich) they are.

At least for Americans looking for traditional fare, the best Christmas (and Thanksgiving) dinners in town by far for over a decade come from Doug's buffet at Bourbon Street. Very reasonably priced and very traditional without a lot of fancifying. The only probelm is that Bourbon Street is always so crowded that you have to go very early or wait a long time. Do one or the other. It's well worth it.

yes there is a good selection of "xmas lunches" depending on what the vendor sees as a xmas lunch .

differing nationalities have differing ideas over the ingredients .

get there early as there is only so many available seats .

the papers in BKK have adverts nearer the day .

swiss ,german,us, brit, french , etc have a different menu so find one that suits you

So should one reserve a table in advance? To be honest have never spent Christmas in Bangkok so am unsure what to expact. Also have some chums here to visit so feel I should provide some sort of master plan. What about the bars - all open for business as usual???